Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK I MADE CALLS TO ALL OF THESE COMPANIES.

ENFAMIL: GOT A RECORDING SAYING THEIR CUSTOMER CARE REP IS AVAILABLE MONDAY THRU FRIDAY. NO MORE INFO.

MOM TO MOM: RECORDING SAYING TO LEAVE A MESSAGE AND THEY WILL CALL BACK ON THEIR NEXT BUSINESS DAY. NO MORE INFO

GOOD START: RECORDING TO CLICK THRU DEPARTMENTS. NO MORE INFO.

SIMILAC: Recording says their product is manufactured in USA, New Zealand and Europe…and they use no milk products from china.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, its not enough that something was "made in the USA", the source
    country of the ingredients have to be researched too.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Is this what we get for not working for slave wages? What a really messed up government we have. Every last one of them needs a swift kick in the arse
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I agree Rockfish. This is beyond outrageous that there is even a question in Americans minds, and it is because the agencies we have hired to look out for us have failed us numerous times.

William, if anyone has any concerns over formulas, and worry about them I would start looking into local, organic products. You likely would find more info from the people who sell it and also can get hold of someone within the manufacturers.

Here's one more idea. When my oldest one was born (she is almost 26), there were few products on the market. She was always spitting up, maybe that sounds mild, she was more like a volcano. Ok, so the doctor said she should be on a soy based formula. That made matters worse. So my mother decided to buy the ingredients to make homemade formula. It involves canned milk, dark corn syrup and of course water (oh, and a liquid vitamin), but I do not remember the portions. It was an old-fashioned idea, but it worked for my daughter.

I would not, however, suggest it, as it might be too heavy and cause problems. I would suggest looking into goats milk, known to be tolerated by the most sensitive stomached babies. This might be able to be mixed with a bit of sweetener (don't use my mothers corn syrup idea as much as we know about how bad processed sugars are, try using an unprocessed sugar, but not much, and then also adding a liquid vitamin).

Of course with my last two, I got smart and used the natural method of feeding, and no, it was certainly not made in China!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Is this what we get for not working for slave wages? What a really messed up government we have. Every last one of them needs a swift kick in the arse
    ......just to start with!

This is the product of that sought after "level playing field". The field
    did not move up, it drug us down.

Be careful with purchases and voice your displeasure to the store
    managers and let him/her watch $$ walking out the door. Its not
    enough just "not" buy something, ya gotta make noise about it.

I saw on a crawler on CNN that some recliners from China were
    causing problems. People were reporting infections and rashes.
    Yuck! Weve gotta be always vigilant in every purchase.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

AE

Yes, the Good Lord did give us a very good option and I'm thinking right now a lot of women are rethinking formulas. I hurt for those mother's who for some reason are unable to feed their children.

catslave

You are so right.

It isn't enough to simply not buy the product, it is good to complain.

Nothing is going to be done in this country, I don't think, until we let these businesses experience a little pain. They are in business because we buy from them. In doing so, no matter what we buy, they are able to continue to stock deadly and shoddy merchandise. If we simply stayed out of their establishments for a few weeks, things would happen and happen fast.

If Wal Mart had no customers for a while because people don't like unsafe goods, they would begin looking for products elsewhere, even in this country. Wal Mart, alone, is large enough to bring back much manufacturing to this country.

The same goes for any industry who hires illegals.

We know that we are going to get amnesty after the election. It will either happen with one big bill, or small bills and hideaways on bills.
    That is going to take away much of our legal recourse.

We do have the power of our dollar. We can make them understand the pain we have suffered due to illegal immigration.

If we are willing to band together and do it.

AE

nntrixie, I knew of a few who could not nurse, had trouble with it. One of them found out from a naturopath doctor about the goats milk and she used it successfully, no problems with spitting up or other issues (as can be with formulas sometimes). I think that the goats milk has very little that anyone can be allergic or sensitive to.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE

Yes, I do know that about goat's milk. My Mother was raised on it because of problems.

Many people don't have a clue about goat's milk, and I'm wondering if any doctors are telling them.

Is canned goat's milk as good?

I'm just having sympathy for those who are faced with having to purchase formula.

I realize this was asking for research, and I fully intended to stop by a couple of stores yesterday, but this old body just gave out.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen making baby food as I did for my son and did for the grandkids. I got on the organic and local market kick quite a few years ago, and grow everything I can on my tiny plot, so I know no chemicals are being used.
    In the grocery, as I was buying Pedigree for the dog, it is amazing the amount of stuff that is put into once can of dogfood. My question is where the pudding do all the ingredients come from?
    As far as eating shrimp, an article from the Wall Street Journal said 88 percent were imported from Chinese fish farms, and the only way they could keep the shrimp alive was with antibiotics, many of which are banned in this country.
    Here is the Google search, just on shrimp:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=chine...e=utf8&oe=utf8
    Our son is a chef. He won't let his wife or if he has daughters eat eggs or anything else with hormones in them. Too dangerous for young girls especially.

Thank you for these efforts team.

That FDA release is comforting and tells us that many Americans have been seeking the same answers.

Now, at this point, if there is a problem in the baby food chain in America and it comes to light any of these companies were lying, then we have every right to seek swift and furious justice upon them if our children are poisoned.

W

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast