Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Today on CNN I saw a crawler that said that Nestle, a Swiss company had
    product made in NE China and it had been found to have melamine in it.
    This could just be the tip of the iceberg.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

So this could be in Hot Chocolate mix, etc. Unless Nestle and Swiss make baby formula.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thats what has me really concerned. Are we seriously to believe that
    there is anything made in China that is not spread over the globe??

And I think rather than investigate baby formula, we should be banning
    food and toys from that wretched place....everything actually. How many
    have to die before there is enough bad press that "made in China" is a
    four letter word striking fear in the pocketbooks of this country. I sure
    dont want to be one that is sacrificed (nor any of my countrymen) at
    the altar of "free trade".
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

We have a critical alert today members. Senator Menendez is trying to kills the E-verify program. Please see this link and call your Senators, Reids office and email to your address books and contact radio station contacts.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-132547.html

Contacts to Senators is at this link:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-506972.html#506972
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    WILLIAM: HERE ARE ALL THE BRANDS AVAILABLE AT SAFEWAY.COM. I ONLY CHECKED ONE OF EACH BRAND....NOT EACH AND EVERY VARIETY. I FIGURE WHATEVER A COMPANY DOES WITH ONE THEY WILL DO WITH ALL VARIETIES. OK HERE IT IS:

Powder formulas available at Safeway.com:

Enfamil products do not say where the product is made or where the ingredients are from. Only the name of the company, which is in USA:
    Mead Johnson & Company
    Evansville, IN 47721
    800-BABY123

Mom to Mom : Does not actually say where the product is made or where the ingredients are from….only the following: This formula is manufactured in compliance with, and meets the nutritional requirements of, the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act for infant formula under the guidelines of the US Food and Drug Administration. Product of USA
    Lucerne Foods, Inc.
    PO Box 99 Pleasanton, CA 94566-0009
    877-232-4271

Good Start: Does not say where the product is made or where the ingredients are from. Only gives the company.
    Nestle USA, Inc.
    Glendale, CA 91203
    800-777-7690

Similac: Does not say where the product is actually made or where the ingredients are from.
    Ross Products/Abbott Laboratories
    Columbus, OH 43215-1724
    800-515-7677

Liquid formulas available at Safeway.com

The liquid formulas were the same brands as the powder, but just in liquid form. No additional information was on those labels. They still don’t say where they are actually made or where the ingredients are from.
    I also called on a couple of these...this is all I have had time for right now... have an appointment.

Enfamil
    [b]EnMead Johnson & Company
    Evansville, IN 47721
    800-BABY123

Called, spoke with Jane B. and Jennifer S.
    Products sold in the US are made in the US. (milk/milk protien)
    If label reads: Mead Johnson & Company, Evansville IN...this product is not contaminated with milamine.

Other Ingredients: Vitiman C, Methionine, and Niacinamide are possible products that could be from other countries...including CHINA.
    Product is tested for 90 contaminates.

Similac:
    Columbus, OH 43215-1724
    800-515-7677

Called/ didn't get name.
    Milk/milk protien made in the USA.
    Other ingredients: Some are purchasted from around the world, including CHINA.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    WILLIAM: HERE ARE ALL THE BRANDS AVAILABLE AT SAFEWAY.COM. I ONLY CHECKED ONE OF EACH BRAND....NOT EACH AND EVERY VARIETY. I FIGURE WHATEVER A COMPANY DOES WITH ONE THEY WILL DO WITH ALL VARIETIES. OK HERE IT IS:

Powder formulas available at Safeway.com:

Enfamil products do not say where the product is made or where the ingredients are from. Only the name of the company, which is in USA:
    Mead Johnson & Company
    Evansville, IN 47721
    800-BABY123

Mom to Mom : Does not actually say where the product is made or where the ingredients are from….only the following: This formula is manufactured in compliance with, and meets the nutritional requirements of, the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act for infant formula under the guidelines of the US Food and Drug Administration. Product of USA
    Lucerne Foods, Inc.
    PO Box 99 Pleasanton, CA 94566-0009
    877-232-4271

Good Start: Does not say where the product is made or where the ingredients are from. Only gives the company.
    Nestle USA, Inc.
    Glendale, CA 91203
    800-777-7690

Similac: Does not say where the product is actually made or where the ingredients are from.
    Columbus, OH 43215-1724
    800-515-7677

Liquid formulas available at Safeway.com

The liquid formulas were the same brands as the powder, but just in liquid form. No additional information was on those labels. They still don’t say where they are actually made or where the ingredients are from.
    I also called on a couple of these...this is all I have had time for right now... have an appointment.

Enfamil
    [b]EnMead Johnson & Company
    Evansville, IN 47721
    800-BABY123

Called, spoke with Jane B. and Jennifer S.
    Products sold in the US are made in the US. (milk/milk protien)
    If label reads: Mead Johnson & Company, Evansville IN...this product is not contaminated with milamine.

Other Ingredients: Vitiman C, Methionine, and Niacinamide are possible products that could be from other countries...including CHINA.
    Product is tested for 90 contaminates.

Similac:
    Columbus, OH 43215-1724
    800-515-7677

Called/ didn't get name.
    Milk/milk protien made in the USA.
    Other ingredients: Some are purchasted from around the world, including CHINA.
    Thanks JAK new grandbaby coming in two months. Scary. Her mom has stomach problems so this is critical for our new one.

I am truly sorry any children in China had to suffer but China deserves to get a little taste of their own medicine. Maybe now they will clean up their own act. In the mean time, I can't imagine how the FDA is allowing anything from China to be imported into this country.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

AE

So this could be in Hot Chocolate mix, etc. Unless Nestle and Swiss make baby formula
    I have a recipe for home made cocoa mix:

2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup Hersheys cocoa (they say this as it is a Hershey recipe)
    1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
    dash salt

Combine all in an airtight container. Combine 1/3 to 1/2 cup cocoa mix in a mug. Pour in boiling water, stir and serve.

I pretty much have a recipe for most anything you can find on the store shelves pre-made (yes even Rice-a-Roni and Pasta Roni, plus.......NESTLE'S/STOUFFERS MACARONI AND CHEESE!!).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I'm concerned that any ingredients are made in China.

How do we know they are what they say they are?

JAK
    Thanks JAK new grandbaby coming in two months. Scary. Her mom has stomach problems so this is critical for our new one.
    Congratulations!! Bet you can hardly wait!! I love babies!!! They don't talk back and they are easy to please! Can't hold them and kiss them enough!!! ....and then they grow up! (ah, but we still love them!...those teen years can make you pull your hair out with the fighting and teasing and bickering amongst themselves!)

I will try to call the others tomorrow.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast