Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

China wants MAYTAG too!

Not only is China trying to get Unocal but Maytag as well! D's and R's in Congress where aare you (At a party being paid for by Chinese officials probably?)

I went into my local Albertsons the other day! I picked up a 64 oz bottle of Albertsons brand unfiltered Apple Juice. Guess what it said on the side? CONCENTRATE FROM CHINA. I kid you not!

I have been trying to find a stainless steel cookeware set made in the USA? I though ALL CLAD and MAGNALITE were? NOPE

Have tried to find a cutlery set.....found one made in America CUTCO
    HOWEVER, I can't AFFORD $445 for a seven piece set!

As I have said, we are importing people (illegals) and exporting our manufaacturing base. It makes no sense long term! Now Chinese Haier
    company wants Maytag based in Iowa which owns HOOVER too!

CAFTA? I went to Costco today and saw grapes from Mexico and watermelon from Mexico as well. Where are the California and Texas stuff? Too early in the season.

Just wait until FTAA gets passed. Goodbye Americanbeef and wheat producers because ARGENTINA will kill you!

BUY American products and services. GM and FORD and USA agriculturaal products. If you cant then don't cry when your job is next!

RIGHT YOU ARE JACK SMITH!!

BUY ONLY AMERICAN and ONLY BUY THE ESSENTIALS UNTIL THIS MESS IS OVER AND OUR WORK FINISHED!!

DON'T SPEND, SAVE!!

The sooner everyone starts, the sooner this will ALL BE OVER!!

If you haven't started, start today, Just As You Are, Just As I Am....you can do it!! You can, I know you, you are AMERICANS...you can do ANYTHING!!

DON'T SPEND, SAVE!!

BREAK THEIR BANKS, DRAIN THEIR PURSES....THEN, they will do as we wish and stop this nonsense!!

Make It Happen...by keeping your money in your purse so YOU control the "PURSE STRINGS"!!

Tell China to get lost....we do not want Maytags or Hoovers or Gasoline made or owned by the Chinese Government. It's nothing personal.....China, because we think you all are great....it's just good American Business to have our washing machines and vacuum cleaners and gasoline made here by Americans and owned by Americans!!

NOW, you'll be reading alot more about lot more efforts to buy our stuff. They are using OUR MONEY to do it. They've been hoarding US Dollars and I believe they have $650 Billion in CASH....that we sent them for their cheap stuff!!

Please, do not send them any more $$$$.

DON'T SPEND, SAVE!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.diamondcraft.com/
    I haven’t spoken with them personally and prices are not on their web site so you will have to follow up with that.

Al CLAD may offer some Made in The USA stuff, but you will have to look for it and most likely wont be able to buy a complete made in the USA Set.

Lodge Manufacturing
    Cast iron skillets, dutch ovens, griddles, and bakeware with original, preseasoned, and enameled surfaces. I enjoy using cast iron. No teflon flue since I started using it 1 1/2 years ago.
    www.lodgemfg.com

Regal Ware Worldwide, Manufacturer and Supplier of Stainless Steel ...
    Regal Ware Worldwideâ„¢ is the leading United States manufacturer and marketer of high-quality stainless steel cookware. Backed by more than 60 years. Contact them and ask them what products they have that are Made in The USA. They do have stainless Steel as well.
    www.regalware.com/
    Here is what they say about their products. It doesn’t say where they are assembled.
    http://www.regalware.com/en_lang/mfg_excellence.htm

Kitchen Craft Cookware Co
    http://www.cookforlife.com/about_us.cfm
    Article About their commitment
    http://www.awcorg.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=100
    I think they are in the Big Box Stores

http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/
    Roger is a great guy and here is his web site. He has more on it than mine.

Buy American and you hurt the Globalist’s in their wallets. It is all about supply and demand. Demand American and let the Foreign made rot on the docks.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Buy American and you hurt the Globalist’s in their wallets. It is all about supply and demand. Demand American and let the Foreign made rot on the docks.
    JP!! "Let the Foreign made rot on the docks"!!

Yees!!!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JP!! "Let the Foreign made rot on the docks"!!

Yees!!!!

TOO HARD!

I found CUTCO cutlery and Kitchen Ware Cookware and Rada Cutlery at the sites above but THEY DON'T PUT THE PRICES ON THE WEBSITES WHICH IS TOTALLY STUPID AND RIDICULOUS. I am busy annd don't have free time to talk to a rep about their prices. Tell Roger about this!

The Cutco product is for the same CEOs who are sending the jobs overseas. $455 for a set? Who can affford that?

I am trying to buy American but it isn't easy.

This purchase is for a gift. Costco has a 13 piece cookware set made in Italy for $200 and the have a Henckels knife set made in Spain and Germany for $159. These companies above make it a hassle to buy from them. Why don't they sell it online? At least I will avoid China with these two products?

I am trying to buuy AMERICAN but hey it ain't easy anymore.....

Here is one, I have never purchased form them, so check them out first.

http://www.awesome-chef-recipes.com/revere-cookware.htm

I do own some Revere Ware Cookware Rumers have it that they are making it overseas now, so look into it first.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    CAFTA? I went to Costco today and saw grapes from Mexico and watermelon from Mexico as well. Where are the California and Texas stuff? Too early in the season.

Just wait until FTAA gets passed. Goodbye Americanbeef and wheat producers because ARGENTINA will kill you!

I went into my local Albertsons the other day! I picked up a 64 oz bottle of Albertsons brand unfiltered Apple Juice. Guess what it said on the side? CONCENTRATE FROM CHINA. I kid you not!
    The orange juice I bought today had concentrate from Brazil... We should buy juicer machines, even if those are all foreign-made too... A juicer would be cheap compared to all the money we spend on juice.

http://www.blueoregon.com/2005/06/defazios_fight_.html
    Virtually all the food processors who operated in Oregon have relocated to Central and South America where they offer cannery contracts to local and corporate farms that have the capital to engage in industrial agriculture. They can and freeze food and import it into the United States. CAFTA will eliminate tariffs and lower the cost of importing the food that competes with what remains of American agriculture.

Under NAFTA, unrestrained fruit imports from Asia and South American began devastating the Northwest apple and pear business. Following the enactment of NAFTA, America’s agricultural trade deficit with Canada and Mexico tripled -- from $5.2 billion to $14.6 billion. DeFazio believes that deficit will rise even more rapidly if CAFTA is enacted.

I read a Business Week article around November of last year which said that 2005 will likely be the first year since the 1950s in which we will have a trade deficit in agricultural goods... This was always one area where we thought we'd never have a trade deficit...

But the food processing can be done in other countries... Also, if a food can be grown cheaper elsewhere, then the food itself can be imported.
    Quote Originally Posted by "JackSmith
    The Cutco product is for the same CEOs who are sending the jobs overseas. $455 for a set? Who can affford that?

I am trying to buy American but it isn't easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I do own some Revere Ware Cookware. Rumers have it that they are making it overseas now, so look into it first.
    Buying American is a good thing to do, but it is difficult and there doesn't seem to be enough buy-American consumers to slow the trend of "exporting America.".. Hopefully, that will change with more buy-American info and encouragement, but until that time, I prefer the idea of just spending less money.

Perhaps, the priorities should be ...
    1) don't spend, save ( where have I heard that before? )
    2) buy American from small businesses (which create 80% of jobs)
    3) buy American from large companies (that seem intent on destroying jobs, but still employ Americans and pay taxes)
    4) buy used products from fellow Americans (e.g. EBay, garage sale, etc. Should this be a higher priority?)
    5) buy foreign from another Western country with decent pay and labor laws
    6) buy foreign from a cheap-labor market, as a last resort

Also, it's good to give some of your savings (that you can afford to) to political organizations like ALIPAC, Numbers USA, FAIRUS, etc... And, give some of your free time as well to these organizations and their initiatives.

In addition, there are many good people who run for Congress every 2 years, but they don't have any support... Get involved in finding out who the good candidates are and volunteer to support them as early as possible, even in the primaries.

We need to do more than vote with our wallets... We need to vote with our time and energy... We need to get involved in politics, as distasteful and onerous as that sounds to many Americans... I don't think most people relish the thought, but what else can we do?.. Do we have a choice, if we want to keep our country from sliding into a 3rd world oligarchy?
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

lost_mummy,

Buying American is a good thing to do, but it is difficult and there doesn't seem to be enough buy-American consumers to slow the trend of "exporting America."
    It is difficult, but so was the American Revolution. I am always on the Search for Made in the USA before I spend any of my hard earned money and send it overseas.

That is why BuyDirectUSA.com was built to help educate consumes and retailers the benefits of Buying American.

We need to get involved on various levels to get something accomplished. If we risk nothing, we will gain the same.

If the apple isn't from Washington State or another State of these United States, I don't buy it. I rarely buy pears any more because they are not from here. Because of our love for different types of vegetables and fruits, it is normal to purchase items from other countries. BUT, now as you all point out, items traditionally grown here have been sold out to foreign markets. We need to take it back for many reasons including health. Foreign governments do not follow the same standards as the US. In my mind, this is the primary reason for the sell out. Apples for example, an item most people eat frequently with the skin on it...may not have been properly washed, may have been sprayed, may be contaminated. The old story of "wash your vegetables" is a good one, but for today's chemicals is not adequate. The chemicals are in the skins and the fruit itself. Washing is not enough any more.

We also know that American Agri-Business is CORRUPT. We know that they can no longer be trusted. We know that FDA and USDA can no longer be fully trusted with their "approvals" or "monitoring" of the industry.

Food and water are the two most important elements of human survival and development. Yet...American Households spend less money and time on these two elements of life per person than most any other aspect of their existence when it should be one of the greater elements of time and perhaps a few more bucks each month at the store.

The convenience of food has increased the cost to reduce the time spent in household food preparation....the trade off may have been our health and human development....and now we are learning through the globalisation of GMO farming worldwide....one of the primary motivations behind Globalism using illegal immigration to END OUR NATION.

DON'T SPEND, SAVE!!

As you all point out, when you spend, spend to every extent possible on American Made goods. If there is a question and the purchase is not essential...walk-away and shop another day.

International trade is old and has existed since the creation of man. There is nothing wrong with international trade when freely conducted with some regulations to protect the economy and jobs of the citizens of one nation versus another.

Buying silk from China is fine because we do not make it here.

Buying cotton t-shirts from China is not fine, because cotton clothing is made here. We not only grow the cotton, but have the machinery and the labor to produce it...right here in greater, healthier and fresher quantity than China. In addition, shipping low value t-shirts 5,000 miles creates a burden on society and the world. Transportation cost is the evil culprit not the labor cost. Ships harm our oceans, use tremendous amounts of energy, create a source for human smuggling, drug smuggling, arms smuggling, transport of disease and insects, and should have remained a necessary evil and been restricted to only those items of shipment for which there is no local alternative.

Buying foreign steel for example is so totally absurd. The US is the greatest quality steel producer in the world, yet the US Government allows foreign nations and our companies to buy steel, one of the heaviest products in the world to ship and transport from the other end of the planet. The steel is lower quality and manufactured so far away that no buyer of this steel can now have any control over the quality of that steel. By the time it arrives, they are so in need of it...they are going to use it without testing it and have no clue what the actual tensile strength is of that beam. Think about that the next time you take an elevator to the 50th floor or get stuck on a new bridge. Even the language and cultural differences in communicating complex specifications can result in mistakes. Even in Japan, for any one who has ever negotiated with the Japanese...knows or learns early on that yes more often than not means no.

Breaking the rules is the way of the world today in international trade. Bucking the system designed to protect us is the "game". Violating regulations, trade rules, trade laws...is the new gateway to profits for international suppliers to the United States....and violating US Immigration, US Labor and US Civil rights laws is the new gateway to profits for American Companies.

Welcome to the the hell of chaos and anarchy caused by a Government that has abandoned the rule of law and put the purse of a few "back door boys" at the front of the line for special treatment no matter what the consequences to the people of the United States including our elimination.

DON'T SPEND, SAVE!!

WHY DON'T WE BUY UNOCAL AND MAYTAG?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast