Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is not surprising at all. Having families in Mexico City, I am aware of this practice. When we would stay over to visit my father's family, I notice they would toss the use TP in the wastebasket. However with me, I would flush mine lol. Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell.

The difference is that my aunt would toss the wastebasket at the end of the day in a boiler for the heater, and there the use TP would be burned to heat the waterheater, and this is middle class family.

Here in the US that do this practice, are not burning it but just have it laying around and that is so very unhealthy.

I for example have a cousin whose husband is from Mexico. I first came to a realization that they were practicing this, is when they requested if my dad could take the garbage out to the dumps, since they didn't have a pickup. My father had no problem so we went to pick up their garbage to take to the county dump. Well during the ride, I started to smell something odd, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Then it came to my realization that what I was smelling was poopoo. I wanted to vomit, so immediately open the window, and just like a dog, I sticked my head out the window, but man it was bad since we were driving a large van without windows in the back. At the time we toss the garbage, at least my dad was wearing gloves, Thank God. I didn't do anything because he told me to stay put.

Then in another occasion, my father and I went over to their house again for a birthday party. As we parked the car and got down, we saw some men piling up garbage in a back of a truck in front of my cousin's house. As I crossed the street and got to the sidewalk where the truck was GOD ALMIGHTY there was that dam smell again, I wanted to vomit right there.

They don't realize the if you leave this stuff lingering it will SMELL. At least my aunt goes and takes it upstairs to the 3 floor (Roof), and makes sure it is burn early in the morning to heat the water for a shower, but HERE, what is their excuse. They think they are in Mexico.

That is another reason I don't like visiting my cousin's house

So yes, it seems they need TP 101 to learn that you don't do that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Berfie
    So yes, it seems they need TP 101 to learn that you don't do that here.
    Great first hand accounts, Berfie. Your observatons further illustrate why we have an orderly LEGAL immigration process in place that essentially assures assimilation into our culture, society and language takes place. But our immigration process has broken down into anarchy with the vast invasion of illegal aliens. Therefore, we have no assimilation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(Most) Everything You Wanted to Know About Toilet Paper:

When and where was toilet paper first invented?

*China…AD 1391 - The Bureau of Imperial Supplies began producing 720,000 sheets of toilet paper a year, each sheet measuring two feet by three feet. For use by the Emperors.
    *USA…1857 - New Yorker Joseph C. Gayetty produced the first packaged bathroom tissue in the United States in 1857. The Gayetty Firm from New Jersey produced the first toilet paper named "The Therapeutic Paper". It contained an abundance of aloe, a curative addition. The company sold it in packs of 500 sheets for fifty cents, and Joseph Gayetty had his name printed on each sheet!
    *USA…1890 - The Scott Paper Company is the first company to manufacture tissue on a roll, specifically for the use of toilet paper. Faced with the consumers' resistance toward the "unmentionable" product, Scott came up with the idea of customizing rolls for every merchant-customer they had. Under this private-label arrangement, Scott purchased large "jumbo" rolls of paper from various paper mills and converted them into packages of small rolls and stacked sheets.
    *Great Britain…1880- British Perforated Paper Company

When was the first roll of toilet paper made and by whom?

Scott Paper Company marketed the first rolls of toilet paper. The Company was founded in 1879 by brothers E. Irvin and Clarence Scott in Philadelphia and specialized in producing toilet paper. At first they purchased paper and tissue from outside suppliers and cut, rolled and packaged the paper. They converted large parent rolls of tissue into small rolls and stacked sheets and began to market the product through drug and variety stores under private label names. Then, in 1896, Irvin's son Arthur joined the company at the age of 21. He convinced his father and uncle to phase out their private label business and concentrate on their own brand names. With this, Scott purchased the private label name Waldorf from a Philadelphian 'paper jobber' named Albert DeCernea in 1902 and began producing this as their first brand name. As sales grew, it became evident that production changes were necessary to guarantee consistency. In 1910, Scott bought an abandoned soap factory in Chester, 5 miles south of Philadelphia for $85,000 and began making their own parent rolls of tissue, 72" wide at 150-200 feet per minute instead of buying from others. Rolls were sold with either 650 or 1,000 perforated sheets. In 1915, Scott installed an advanced, high-speed Fourdrinier papermaking machine. It made paper 148" wide at 500 feet per minute. In 1921, their brand, Waldorf represented 64% of Scott's total case sales. By 1925 Scott became the leading toilet paper company in the world. (On July 17, 1995 Scott was acquired by Kimberly Clark)

Early Marketing

The roll did not easily fit into the consumer market at first. At the time, society did not speak of the subject frequently. It was quite 'unmentionable" to talk about this product in the conservative, Victorian era. However, during this time indoor plumbing was improving and the public had a desire for better hygiene.

An early advertisement

Scott advertisements were suggesting that "over 65% of middle-aged men and women suffered from some sort of rectal disease". Inferior toilet paper was deemed to be responsible. It was printed in Scott advertisements that "harsh toilet tissue may cause serious injury". The ad said " ScotTissue, Sani-tissue and Waldorf are famous bathroom tissues specifically processed to satisfy the three requirements doctors say toilet tissue must have to be safe: absorbency-softness-chemical purity". Each sheet, it said was made of "thirsty fibers." Scott tissue was made from the finest ingredients and "they are neither acid nor alkaline in reaction. Each sheet is fully sterilized in manufacture" it read.

The first paper roll towel- the ScotTowel

There is a story that in 1907, a teacher in Philadelphia blamed a mild cold epidemic on the fact that students used the same cloth towel. So she cut up paper into squares and used them as individual towels. Around that time Scott was experimenting with a new type of crepe tissue. It was so thick that it couldn't be cut and rolled into toilet paper. So Arthur Scott ordered it to be made into rolls of towels and perforated into individual 13" x 18" sheets. This was called the Sani-Towels. Advertisements said, " For use once by one user." Success was helped by states that outlawed the use of cloth-roll towels because of spreading disease.

What did people use before toilet paper was invented?

*Newsprint, paper catalogue pages in early US
    *Hayballs, Scraper/gompf stick kept in container by the privy in the Middle Ages
    *Discarded sheep's wool in the Viking Age, England
    *Frayed end of an old anchor cable was used by sailing crews from Spain and Portugal *Medieval Europe- Straw, hay, grass, gompf stick
    *Corn cobs, Sears Roebuck catalog, mussel shell, newspaper, leaves, sand- United States
    *Water and your left hand, India
    *Pages from a book, British Lords
    *Coconut shells in early Hawaii
    *Lace was used by French Royalty
    *Public Restrooms in Ancient Rome- A sponge soaked in salt water, on the end of a stick
    *The Wealthy in Ancient Rome-Wool and Rosewater
    *French Royalty-lace, hemp
    *Hemp & wool were used by the elite citizens of the world
    *Defecating in the river was very common internationally
    *Bidet, France
    *Snow and Tundra Moss were used by early Eskimos
    http://www.toiletpaperworld.com/tpw/enc ... m#timeline

Just imagine what it's like to work as a janitor in a school or other public building. The janitor at the school where I worked was always complaining about the kids toilet manners or should I say lack of manners. There are english and spanish signs in all of the schools here on the bathroom stalls but it is still commonplace to see the used toilet paper on the floor.

I'm surprised not everyone knew this about the illegals. Here it's just common knowlege and you know to use the bathroom at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Just imagine what it's like to work as a janitor in a school or other public building. The janitor at the school where I worked was always complaining about the kids toilet manners or should I say lack of manners. There are english and spanish signs in all of the schools here on the bathroom stalls but it is still commonplace to see the used toilet paper on the floor.

I'm surprised not everyone knew this about the illegals. Here it's just common knowlege and you know to use the bathroom at home.
    It is disgusting how school bathrooms have gotten. ALL PUBLIC BATHROOMS ARE A DISGRACE. SOME RESTROOMS IN NICE PLACES LOOK LIKE PIGS RAN THROUGH THEM!

Here is a helpful hint: Always carry tissues in your purse or pocket. Never use any tissue roll in a public stall. It is all contanimated. You might not SEE STUFF, but it is on there, believe me.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123