Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VOTE ANYONE AGAINST US OUT OF OFFICE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have simple come to the conclusion that no one in our government gives a rats ass about what the founders thought and they simple dont care.

P

A couple of years ago I started keeping a 6 month supply of dog food on hand because I thought if everything went bad that would be the hardest type of stuff to get. I had planned on building up a 6 month supply of canned vegetables and things that would keep like oatmeal, dried beans, etc. but that hasn't materialized very well yet. I suppose I could share the dog food if need be because the ingredients in the dog food (Nutro-Max) don't seem all that bad.

The emphasis in the article seems to focus on that we have lost our will or have a lack of wisdom in not keeping a 3 year supply of food available for emergencies. I think it's actually more important that we have or are rapidly losing our ability to do it even if we had the will to do it.

Last year was the first year in the nation's history that we were a net importer of food. That wasn't because we couldn't produce the food we consume, but that there was a desire of consumers to have the type of food produced in foreign countries -- included in that was having a high immigrant population precentage that preferred food from the "home country". The dollar exchange rate contributed to that too. But, it is a warning that we are rapidly approaching the point where we can't produce the food we need if current trends of population increase (due to immigration) and farm land abandonment (due to population increase) continue. I think the estimates is that in about 20-30 years we won't have the ability to produce enough food for the population and will have to depend on foreign countries. Imagine relying on foreign countries for food like we do for oil now. We probably won't have a strategic food reserve like the strategic petroleum reserve that doesn't provide all that much breathing room anyway.

I just read an article in the last few days that farmers in an area of Idaho were being forced to drastically cut production because the aquifer used for irrigatiion has already been pumped too low. I think there are severe problems with low aquifers in many areas of the southwest too -- according to Nightline; and, I know a number of water reservoirs in the midwest are at all time lows. Farmers all over the country are selling their water rights to cities and the best prime farm land is being turned into housing developments. If natural gas is scarce, then anhydrous ammonia is scarce, and then fertilizer becomes scarce and production for certain crops will drop dramatically. The Crop Reduction Program (paying farmers not to grow) conists primarily of marginal land that should never have been farmed in the first place so there really isn't a bunch of farmland in reserve that we can start using. I think the 25 years or so of being able to produce our own food may be too optimistic if trends are a little more negative than expected.

babs

No worries everyone! We can be rest assured that people like our presidunces' mom will have plenty of cake for us to eat!

Being underpriviliged as she describes us, there no doubt awaits a better reality in some stadium or camp, where Duncan Hines will be on the menu daily. Betty Crocker will be the Maitre D., With Aunt Jemima serving us our breffass!

Very disturbing article. Though I doubt the next hurricane will destroy the whole country, unless we had like 2 or 3 Katrina sized ones at once.

Im gonna start stockpiling and im adding a Springfield Armory M1A and a Beretta92 to my Christmas list.

Re: babs

Quote Originally Posted by naturalglenn
    No worries everyone! We can be rest assured that people like our presidunces' mom will have plenty of cake for us to eat!

Being underpriviliged as she describes us, there no doubt awaits a better reality in some stadium or camp, where Duncan Hines will be on the menu daily. Betty Crocker will be the Maitre D., With Aunt Jemima serving us our breffass!
    but also feeling

Good points, Naturalglenn, and since I cannot stand now nor in the past Barbara Bush (she somehow seems worse than her son), I have to laugh somewhat because I also recall she said something along the lines of "let them eat cake" when discussing how much she thought that some of the poor Katrina victims benefited be being able to temporarily live in the shelters. After all, they were "already disadvantaged" and clearly more "advantaged" being housed in the shelters, according to what I remember the major news press releases stated about her comments after visiting disaster areas. Also, someone else - another Alipac member - posted her picture and a voice news clip with her infamous comment(s) on these forums. I didn't get around to posting a "thanks" and a "way to go response" at that time, but who ever posted this on Alipac, as well as a follow-up post saying that after viewing the photo of Babs that they thought it was a pic of George Washington, we'll now I say thank you and also "Way to go" to both of you.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Exactly how long does canned corn last before it goes bad?

I know about one supposedly sweet aquifer in Arizona. I should buy a plot and put in a well.

Yeah, you should stock up on food.

Reading this thread , and then reading about nuclear shelters will make you want to stock up.

30 cans of stew and a lot of tuna so far.................

pa

Dont forget about self defense! When the "looters" come to your house you had better be prepared to stop them. That is what their LA RAZA stands for "for the race everything, outside the race nothing." This is simply the truth, if you are offended dont get mad at me for being the messenger.

I agree with this. Good topic!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast