Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Conservatives boo Trump after Rubio 'clown' insult

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conservatives boo Trump after Rubio 'clown' insult

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/politi...hen/index.html

Conservatives boo Trump after Rubio 'clown' insult

By Tom LoBianco, CNN
    Updated 1:57 PM ET, Fri September 25, 2015

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump drew boos from religious conservatives Friday after he called Marco Rubio a "clown" and attacked him on immigration.

"You know there's this clown Marco Rubio, I've been so nice to him," Trump said at the Family Research Council's Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

The jab was immediately met with sustained booing from many of those in attendance.

Trump tried to talk over the boos, which lasted several seconds: "I've been so nice to him. No. But I've been so nice."

Trump and Rubio have been anything but "nice" to each other this week, engaging in a continued back-and-forth that started Tuesday.

One of Trump's top aides kept the feud going earlier on Friday on CNN.

"If there's a debate tomorrow, Donald Trump is still front and center," Trump executive vice president Michael Cohen told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "He's still eight times higher in the polls than Marco Rubio. He doesn't think about Marco Rubio. Marco Rubio doesn't mean anything to him."

Trump and Rubio have been taking shots at each other this week, with the latest hit landing Thursday on Fox, where the Florida senator said Trump is "very thin-skinned, obviously. He's very sensitive to criticism."

Rubio has been gaining steadily in national polls, along with former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, while Trump's lead has been slipping a bit since the second Republican debate.

RELATED: Marco Rubio strikes back at Donald Trump

Rubio's blast came in response to Trump's attack on CNN earlier in the day. "Marco Rubio, he's like a kid. He shouldn't be running in this race as far as I'm concerned," Trump said.

"I don't think Mr. Trump went after Marco Rubio, Marco Rubio went after Mr. Trump. Mr. Trump responded and then, of course, Marco Rubio responded again," Cohen said Friday. "He doesn't want to pick a fight. But if you pick a fight with him, you're gonna lose."
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So here we have a "religious conservative" group that boos Trump because he calls Rubio a "clown". Rubio is a "clown". He lies about his parents fleeing Cuba after Castro took over, when they migrated to the US 3 years before Castro for economic reasons instead of political reasons.

Here we have "conservatives" booing the ONLY candidate who stands up against everyone on the immigration issue, free trade treason inequities, and creating jobs for Americans to defend Rubio who is Mr. Pro Immigration, Mr. Gang of Eight for Illegal Immigrants, Mr. Deciding Vote to Give Obama TPA and TPP, and Mr. Failed Foreign Policy, when you sit on Foreign Affairs Committee of the US Senate, and claim that as your "record", then by all means, YOU WEAR THE RECORD of failure you've produced.

So why would "religious conservatives" boo Trump??!!

My advice, you need to go home, pray and find out why you want to Boo the only person in this race who gives a damn about US citizens and the future of the United States.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are those who consider when selecting leaders, "Who is the adult in this selection?" Several candidates need to decide if they want to be considered as an adult.

Hurling insults deflects from dealing with issues, but does not assist me in making electoral decisions. I need to hear all candidates talk about issues rather than responding to deflections.

MW
    I hate Rubio with a passion, however, for his and our own good, I do think it's about time Trump quit constantly antagonizing everyone. That tactic worked early on but now I think people are beginning to tire of it. My advice to Trump, tone down the rhetoric and remain consistent in your message. Of course it would be very helpful if he'd stop that expedited return talk too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I hate Rubio with a passion, however, for his and our own good, I do think it's about time Trump quit constantly antagonizing everyone. That tactic worked early on but now I think people are beginning to tire of it. My advice to Trump, tone down the rhetoric and remain consistent in your message. Of course it would be very helpful if he'd stop that expedited return talk too.
    I agree about Rubio, I agree that expedited return is not good. How close is he listening to supportive campaign veterans? Does he have any? Do we cut him slack because he is responding to only his money, not outside contributors? I concern myself that he will push what he does over the top and implode his support. We do need him to stay strong enough to garner enough primary support, if not the winner, to be able to swing a huge bat, when it is time, "This is what it takes to get my supporters." I felt he gave that up when he pledged to support the republican nominee. Big mistake, Donald!

There are lots of other candidates to consider for anyone who doesn't like Trump for some reason.

judy
    they don't like trump why he tell it like it is he don't lie) they all do .he want our country back & I see as soon as trump said about the wall & that he will remove the bad illegal immigrants . that not only mexico it all of the other country as well .so put two & two & see what you come up what he told michael Savage station & another thing . this lady was on savage station her name is tomis she want a leader & trump will be our leader trump from what
    see he will not back down from any one that why we all need trump for the wh
    good luck trump

Yes, southBronx, I agree. Trump's immigration plan is the best, and he's so smart and capable, he will get it done. He won't let anyone stand in his way, he'll do it right and smart, "under budget and ahead of schedule."

Who in their right mind could really call themselves a Conservative yet take up for that sellout Marco Rubio? I bet Rubio's campaign sent those hecklers in!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Who in their right mind could really call themselves a Conservative yet take up for that sellout Marco Rubio? I bet Rubio's campaign sent those hecklers in!

W
    Oh I agree! I'm sure Rubio's people were there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast