Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow Tired why don't we hear about this in the news? I love UPS because we are rural and use them all the time. Their driver is like a friend now. I hope they do go private that would be good. That's exactly why the Teamsters are backing the illegals so they'll can talk them into membership. They figure their dumb enough to swallow it all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Construction worker near...

To tiredofapathy and gogo

If you can help, if you are a union member, please see my post "Calling Union Construction Workers"

Yes, the union hacks supporting illegals will get violent. They don't want to do any hard work and would rather just keep signing up more people. If you get in their way they will get violently angry. What I think will wake up the rank and file are the following: 1. Just by "going with the flow" their chance at the same kind of power is virtually nil. At this point there are a lot of little aspiring union bosses, so they go along with the trend, inspired by Democratic Party hacks. Take away this illusion and they will revolt 2. Prospects of economic downturn will send rank and file back to defensive, protectionist mode--just see how much anger comes out when their own economic security is threatened! Right now,, with cheap Fed Money (thanks to Greenspan and Bernanke) there is great demand for workers, and, along with it, lax attitudes towards newcomers who would otherwise be competition; this policy is unsustainable. When construction guys actually realize the boom will end their opinion on alien competitors could change. Expect an all out desperate struggle by union bosses to hold on to their positions, though, with all kinds of promises and propaganda and jingoism, i.e BS. The natural man dieth hard, bro.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i think i would have to file suit on any company that tells me i have to know another language in order to work there

Captianron I'm not a union member. I'm just finding these things out. I'm appalled. These guys have used you all these years and dumping you like old garbage.

Sorry I can't help.

Re: Construction

Quote Originally Posted by chopper
    It is country wide. I am a G.C. in so. Ca. and do my own hands on work with American citizen workers, who only have their own families living in their homes. Our quality of work keeps us busy from referral only, but now a days I get about 1 job for every 15 estimates. Even if I worked for cash I couldn't compete. People complain about the mexican workers and their craftsmanship but still hire them just to save money. If the government would enforce the law about hiring illegals, it would make a more level playing field.
    It is a general problem I have with the low-brow mentality of Americans today. They look at some gaudy, but cheaply made house that feels like it is made of styrofoam and they say "gosh, this is NICE."

I think there is a concerted effort to breed out any notion or ability to recognize quality among the general public. Look at the cars recently that are cheap and crude looking.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    I had no idea that the Teamster's were backing the illegals. Do the average Democrats know this. This is scandalous. I bet if the average American heard this about the Teamster's they would be up in arms.
    Oh, I think they know Gogo, they just choose to remain in denial! You know how it is in politics anyway...say whatever gets the most support on a given day - Integrity be damned! My experience is that even if Teamster members speak out they are ignored or shouted down. (That is why their established membership is dropping! If it weren't for organizing to bring new members in, the Teamsters would already be little more than a memory...) A national movement currently underway by UPS employees to leave the Teamsters and form their own union (the APWA) may well be the final nail in that coffin. An eleventh hour proposed deal between the IBT and UPS on pension and health reform may swing the pendulum back towards the Teamsters. A reasonable mind would question why it took tens of years to straighten out the pension mess and why "suddenly" with a new contract looming the IBT is promoting a UPS plan to "jointly" manage a new fund. Appears the IBT is taking the UPS employee's plans to break away as very threatening and are grasping at straws!

For more on organized labor and their stand on illegals check out:

http://www.nlpc.org/pdfs/union_immigrat ... _24_06.pdf
    [/quote]

That sort of thing reminds me of the way Club Sierra refuses to weigh in against the illegals despite them being a major contributor to pollution and urban sprawl.

http://www.newswithviews.com/DeWeese/tom3.htm

WHY does Club Sierra do this? Answer is here:

http://www.susps.org/

Then, on Oct. 27, 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed the answer: David Gelbaum, a super rich donor, had demanded this position from the Sierra Club in return for huge donations. Kenneth Weiss, author of the LA Times article that broke the story, quoted what David Gelbaum said to Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope:

"I did tell Carl Pope in 1994 or 1995 that if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me."

Is there any way to approach this with the state homebuilders associations?
    The builders hire the subcontractors who hire the illegals. Not that they would be interested in reform, but aren't the builders themselves responsible for illegals on their jobsites?

Welcome to the boards hatiecat!
    Certainly the GC's (homebuilders) know their subs hire illegals, but they themselves are somewhat insulated by plausible deniability. After all, how can they tell their subs who to hire or fire? The GC's are the source of the problem if you truly "follow the money"! Shoot, many times the subs are illegals themselves with fake papers and no business license. There is more than one company in NC that installs those neat little metal carports courtesy of illegal labor. Check into it and see how many of their contractors are legal, much less their laborers. Next time one of those dually pickups passes you on the interstate highway pulling a trailer with carport parts take a peek inside the cab...Who do you think profits most off those somewhat pricey products, the installers? Nah, follow the money!

Here's a site you will enjoy! Check out what others are reporting in your state or nationwide.

http://www.wehirealiens.com/

I guess we`ve been fortunate in my line of work.
    I`m a "Certified OPE Repair Technician" (Outdoor Power Equipment).
    Which includes,(gasoline powered) Construction Equipment such as, Generators, Air Compressors, Pressure Washers, Cement Mixer, Concrete Cutters, Welders, Lawn and Garden Equipment and Recreation Equipment.
    Even In So, California, not many Latinos have been found in this work, unless it`s some unauthortzed shade tree job, Still they tend to lean more away from this type of work.
    I guess it`s easier for them to use the equipment than to repair it.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    I guess it`s easier for them to use the equipment than to repair it.
    I bet it's easier for them to steal the equipment than to repair it.

I've seen the quality of the work illegals do and it's not quality at all. The Americans have to train them and fix their mistakes. If there are more than one they always manage to get together and blabber on and laugh with each other than work. My experiance with them was negative.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast