Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

By the way, I'm not encouraging anyone to call in supporting the Cornyn amendment, however, for obvious reasons I hope it passes!
    Same here.

MW
    girlygirl wrote:

PLEASE DO FALL FOR THEIR PLOY! THEY ARE NOT STUPID AND THEY ARE TRYING TO USE PEOPLE TO THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE.
    What ploy? This is very simple, Cornyn sees a weakness in the security and enforcement aspect of the bill and is attempting to fix it. No ploy, just good common sense that the "Pact" didn't have the guts to include in the bill. Obviously Sen. Kennedy had the upper hand in the the crafting of S.1348 and everyone knows he wants to legalize as many of the illegals currently residing in the United States as humanly possible. Once again, approval of the Cornyn amendment is a very good thing and will serve to erode some Democrat support of the overall bill.

For the record, I don't trust Cornyn either, however, I don't see this amendment as having anything to do with trust.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kennedy and Bush inserted wildly inflated wants in this bill#1348 so that when a conservative such as Senator Cornyn introduced a sensible amendent to the bill and the amendment passes,Kennedy and Bush can say,"see we're willing to compromise on this bill",knowing that no one in their right mind would be for legalizing criminal fugitive illegals.This was a clause inserted by these pro-amnesty promoters knowing it probably wouldn't stand,therefore appearing to gullible conservative Senators as a huge win for them.This is all a plan and it's working well for the amnesty senators.We cannot assume anything just "happens" when it comes to those who feel they are our masters and we must follow.Just my opinion.

WHEN YOU ASK THEM TO APPROVE AMENDMENTS, YOU ARE TACITLY TELLING THEM YOU ARE FOR THE BILL WITH SOME MINOR CHANGES. HAVE YOU SEEN AMNESTY REMOVED?????????

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I would rather this bill go down. Now, will it do so with or without this?

Cornyn is a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    Cornyn is a wet noodle.
    They may actually be feeling they bit off more than they can chew (yeah, let me have my dreams) and are looking for a way out.

I'm predicting stories of the "coalition to reform this nations broken immigration system unraveled this week due to partisan disagreement over amendments...." and Bush can pout about things and be even more condescending than he has been recently.

Banned
    girlygirl369 wrote:
    IF WE URGE THE PASSAGE OF THIS AMENDMENT, THE IDIOTS WILL USE IT AGAINST US. THIS WOULD BE TACIT APPROVAL OF THE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL.
    Totally correct!!!! The entire bill needs dumped and one little amendment doesn't make it palatable! Calling to support it only encourages the Senate morons more!!!

SECURE THE BORDER! ENFORCE EXISTING LAW! NO AMNESTY BY ANY NAME OR SCHEME!

This is what Cornyn said in the town hall this past week.

Something to the effect of it's better to amend a bad bill than to take the chance of it passing unchanged, which makes sense but does not make the bill any more acceptable to the American public.

However, if the bill remains an amnesty, and lacking in enforcement, then I expect my Senators to oppose it. I think Tancredo says, "it's like putting lipstick on a pig".

It's like someone handing you a Band-Aid after your limbs have going through a meat grinder. It just isn't going to patch that bill up and save if from the harsh reality that it is an amnesty.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Cornyn's amendment is nice, though he is still not pro-American worker, thus my mistrust of him.

I also understand the argument of opposing it and anything else that comes across the floor out of the sincere opposition of the bill. However, due to the fractures on both sides of the aisle (Sessionites vs. Kylackies and Kennedorks vs. Dorganites), the hope is that one of these amendments, or a stockpile of them, could deflate the bill and the Kennedy/Kyl union. That is why Captain Yawn, Harry Reid, is trying to limit the amount of amendments. He wants to get this baby outta there as soon as possible. He knows the opposition smells blood in the water, and the longer this gets drawn out, the closer the bill gets to the grave. Hutchison has three amendments she wants, Thune has one, DeMint has one, we still have Cornyn's to go...keep 'em comin'!!!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast