Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Coulter: Trump Should Deport Nikki Haley

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Judy wrote:

Haley isn't eligible to be a presidential running mate. Like Cruz and Rubio she's not a natural born citizen. A natural born citizen under Article II of the Constitution is born in the US to 2 US citizens. Haley's parents weren't citizens when she was born.
    While I've currently got no vested interest in defending Rubio or Haley, I will say that most constitutional scholars do not agree with your claim that Ted Cruz is not a natural born citizen. Of course you already know that because he has been brought to your attention on numerous occasions with documented evidence. Yes, as things stand, minus a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, Sen. Ted Cruz is eligible to be President of the United States. Furthermore, the experts agree that a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court on the subject is extremely unlikely.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Their is a sickness within the Republican party - she does not get to speak such words w/o their approval. They better wise up or they will lose again and bring further decline to our nation as there are many opportunities for positive change with Mr Trump. He does not seem to be part of the globalists agenda, therefore they do not want him elected - disgraceful.

O has been aided and abetted by the Republican party's elected officials. Nothing every changes, he gets everything he wants and the monies to do it too. How many times do you hear impeachment and nothing gets done?

Haley: Yes, Trump is one of the 'angriest voices'
    On Politics
    David Jackson, USA TODAY 10:55 a.m. EST January 13, 2016

The morning after her televised response to President Obama's State of the Union speech, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley confirmed Wednesday that fellow Republican Donald Trump is among the "angriest voices" she denounced.

"He was one of them, yes," Haley said on NBC's Today show. "There's other people in the media, there's people in my state. I think we're seeing it across the country.

"But yes, Mr. Trump has definitely contributed to what I think is just irresponsible talk."

In her speech late Tuesday, the South Carolina governor said that, "during anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices. We must resist that temptation."

Haley has criticized Trump, the front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, over his call for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States.

In her speech, Haley said: “No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws, and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country."

Trump responded by calling Haley "very weak" on immigration.

"I feel very strongly about illegal immigration. She doesn’t," he told Fox & Friends. Trump added that her taking shots at him was "interesting" given that she has asked him for campaign contributions in the past.

"Perhaps if I weren’t running, she’d be in my office asking me for money," he said. Campaign finance records show Trump has given Haley $7,000 in contributions since 2010.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...2016/78729616/
    Last edited by Judy; 01-13-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

'Very weak on illegal immigration': Donald Trump fires back at South Carolina governor after State of the Union snub

Colin Campbell
    2h Jan 13, 2016
    Real-estate mogul Donald Trump criticized South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) on Wednesday after she took a subtle jab at him the day before.

Haley gave the official Republican response to President Barack Obama's final State of the Union speech. Haley urged the public to resist the "angriest voices" and later confirmed that Trump was one of the people she was referencing.

"Yes, Mr. Trump has definitely contributed to what I think is just irresponsible talk," Haley said on NBC's "Today" show.

Trump, the Republican presidential front-runner, responded by calling Haley "very weak" on illegal immigration during a "Fox & Friends" interview.

"I respond a couple of ways. Number one, she's very weak on illegal immigration. I've known that for a long time. But she's weak on illegal immigration. And she certainly has no trouble asking me for campaign contributions. Because over the years, she's asked me for a hell of a lot of money in campaign contributions. So it's sort of interesting to hear her," Trump mused.

"So perhaps if I weren't running, she'd be in my office asking me for money," the billionaire businessman added. "But now that I'm running, she wants to take a weak side on immigration. I feel very strongly about illegal immigration. She doesn't."

One of the "Fox & Friends" hosts then asked Trump if he would select Haley as his vice president. Trump suggested that she wasn't a front-runner for his hypothetical ticket.

"Well, considering I'm leading in the polls by a lot, I wouldn't say she's off to a good start based on what she has just said," Trump said. "So let's see what happens. We'll pick somebody, but we'll pick somebody who's very good. But whoever I pick is also going to be very strong on illegal immigration. We've had it — we've had it — with illegal immigration, believe me, and a lot of other things."

Trump also praised South Carolina's voters, who weigh-in early during the Republican primary.

"I love her state," he said. "I'm there a lot. And by the way, I have a massive lead in South Carolina — we have a massive lead — and they're incredible people. And they feel like I do, believe me. Because they don't like what's happening in our country."

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...esponse-2016-1

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nikki Haley has given into the Establishment, moves to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Nikki Haley sure has turned out to be a real disappointment in a Lindsey Graham kind of way.

This is what happens in states that allow Democrats to vote in GOP primaries like in South Carolina.

W

Nikki Haley, just like Trey Gowdy who supports open-borders Marco Rubio, has moved to the dark side!

Seems Nikki has forgotten the "loud angry people" are the ones who put her in office, thinking she would stand up to the Establishment which is destroying our country from within.

JWK

To support Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, or John Kasich is to support a continuance of Obama's illegal immigration tyranny which includes giving legal status and work permits to tens of millions who have invaded our borders, which panders to the Chamber of Commerce, the Club for Growth and our Global Governance Crowd

Trump fires back at Obama and Nikki Haley

After being a punching bag in the State of the Union, Trump counters with his own blows.

By Nick Gass
    01/13/16 09:15 AM EST
    Updated 01/13/16 12:08 PM EST

Donald Trump got the distinct impression from Barack Obama's final State of the Union that the president doesn't like him much. Not that he cares.

The real estate mogul on Thursday hit back at both Obama and at South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who also warned about the dangers of Trump's rhetoric during her GOP response, though also not by name.

Trump, calling in to "Fox and Friends," denounced Obama's speech as the words of a man "living in a fantasy land." When co-host Steve Doocy remarked that it does not appear the president likes him, Trump responded, “I would say that’s probably true. He probably does not."

"You know, not very important to me, but I would say he probably doesn’t," the Republican candidate and poll leader said, reiterating his disdain for the president's failure to acknowledge "radical Islamic terrorism" after the San Bernardino attacks and other threats.

"He's living in a fantasy land. I think this man is living in a fantasy land," said Trump, who added that while "perhaps he was talking about somebody else, but some people think he might have been talking about me.” ("Sure sounded like it," a co-host remarked off-camera.)

Trump featured prominently and repeatedly in Obama's address, even though the president didn't utter his name. He hit at the real estate mogul and other GOP candidates for playing into Americans' base fears and ignoring the great strides the nation has made.

"Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction. What is true — and the reason that a lot of Americans feel anxious — is that the economy has been changing in profound ways, changes that started long before the Great Recession hit and haven’t let up" Obama said. He continued later in the speech, "That’s why we need to reject any politics that targets people because of race or religion. This isn’t a matter of political correctness. It’s a matter of understanding what makes us strong."

It wasn't the first time Obama has implicitly called out Trump, who has zoomed to the top of the polls in early states and nationally as he has churned out incendiary proposals and heated rhetoric. He kicked off his campaign in June by calling for a giant wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, the mass deportation of undocumented immigrants, and a wake-up call about the "rapists" that Mexico was sending across the border. He again upended the race when he called for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States, after the terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino.

Obama in early December condemned Trump just days after he rolled out his anti-Muslim plan. He used a speech honoring the 150th anniversary of the abolition of slavery to say, "Remember that our freedom is bound up with the freedom of others, regardless of what they look like or where they come from or what their last name is or what faith they practice."

Less than two weeks later, Obama again hit at Trump, saying in an interview with NPR that the real estate mogul was doing so well because he was exploiting the anxieties of "blue-collar men."

The president drove that message home on Tuesday night. "When politicians insult Muslims, when a mosque is vandalized, or a kid bullied, that doesn’t make us safer," Obama said . "That’s not telling it like it is. It’s just wrong. It diminishes us in the eyes of the world. It makes it harder to achieve our goals. And it betrays who we are as a country."

In the Republican response to Obama's address, Haley, who has been the subject of much speculation as a potential vice-presidential pick, warned Americans against following "the siren call of the angriest voices" in the country.

“Today, we live in a time of threats like few others in recent memory. During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices,” Haley said on Tuesday, adding that she is "the proud daughter of Indian immigrants who reminded my brothers, my sister and me every day how blessed we were to live in this country.”

Obama throws some SOTU elbows at Trump

Haley on Wednesday morning acknowledged Trump was one of the people she was singling out. "He was one of them, yes. He was one," Haley told Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today." "There's other people in the media, there's people in my state. I think we're seeing it across the country. But yes, Mr. Trump has definitely contributed to what I think is just irresponsible talk."

Trump, a master of the counterpunch, let loose on Haley Wednesday morning. He attacked her as being "very weak on illegal immigration" and surmised that if he were not running for president, she would be asking him for campaign cash.

"But she’s weak on illegal immigration, and she certainly has no trouble asking me for campaign contributions, ‘cause over the years she’s asked me for a hell of a lot of money in campaign contributions. So, you know, it’s sort of interesting to hear," he said on "Fox and Friends." "Perhaps, if I weren’t running she’d be in my office asking for money. But now that I’m running, she wants to take a weak side on immigration. I feel very strongly about illegal immigration. She doesn’t, and I think the people in her great state, I love her state, I’m there a lot, and by the way I have a massive lead in South Carolina. We have a massive lead. They’re incredible people, and they feel like I do. Believe me. Because they don’t like what’s happening in our country.”

As far as the prospect of a Trump-Haley ticket? Don't count on it, Trump said.

“Well considering I’m leading in the polls by a lot, I wouldn’t say she’s off to a good start based on what she has just said," he said, when asked about the prospect of picking Haley. "So you know, let’s see what happens. We’ll pick somebody, but we’ll pick somebody who’s very good. But whoever I pick is going to be very strong on illegal immigration. We’ve had it. We’ve had it with illegal immigration. Believe me—this country, and a lot of other things, especially when you look at what’s going on, at the Iran deal and all of the money that goes out and we get nothing for it. So we’ve had it with a lot of things in this country."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...y-obama-217707

Who chose Nikki Haley to give the Republican response to Obama’s SOTU address?

Let us not forget it was House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, two traitorous Establishment Republicans, who picked Haley to deliver the GOP response to President Obama’s final State of the Union address.

JWK

Let us not forget this coming election the betrayal by House Republicans and Senate Republicans who voted in favor of Paul Ryan’s Bill to finance Obama’s invasion of our borders!

Haley’s plea for tolerance draws cheers and jeers, revealing GOP divide

By Robert Costa and Philip Rucker January 13 at 7:41 PM

The celebration by Republican elites was instant, and so was the backlash on the far right.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, the youthful daughter of Indian immigrants, had delivered a sunny and inclusive Republican response to President Obama’s State of the Union address that stood as an unmistakable counter to her party’s two presidential front-runners.

But Haley’s moment and its aftermath revealed an uncomfortable reality for GOP leaders. Even as they praised their chosen representative for condemning the polarizing politics fueling the rise of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, the currents of the 2016 race still churn against the establishment.

Conservative talk radio and social media lit up with contempt for her critique. “Trump should deport Nikki Haley,” commentator Ann Coulter tweeted. Rush Limbaugh accused Haley of taking part in a GOP conspiracy to “drive conservatives out of the party.”

And Trump, predictably, slammed her as soft on immigration and hypocritical. “Over the years, she’s asked me for a hell of a lot of money in campaign contributions,” he said on Fox News Channel.

What initially was hailed as a breakthrough for a party struggling to assume control of its image and message — Mitt Romney, the 2012 nominee, said Haley displayed “courage you can count on” — became a fleeting episode that called fresh attention to the establishment’s limits to do so.

With just 19 days until the kickoff Iowa caucuses, party leaders are tiptoeing around Trump and Cruz — nervous about agitating them and their supporters, fearful that their hard-line views on immigration and other topics could lead to general election defeat, and uncertain about how to deny either the brash billionaire mogul or the combative senator from Texas the nomination.

“There doesn’t seem to be a plan for how to deal with Trump. They’re afraid,” said William J. Bennett, a top official in the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations. “Instead of taking him on directly, they’re making vague, diffuse references.

“What’s worse,” he continued, “is that this leaves them in a position to be thumped by Trump. This is not the way he talks or campaigns and he’ll hit them right back as fuzzy and weak.”

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) selected Haley to deliver the party’s nationally televised response. Haley embodies the kind of party Ryan in particular is trying to build: even-tempered, reform-minded, pro-business and open to minorities.

“She clearly is a terrific advocate for an inclusive, younger, solution-oriented Republican Party,” said former House speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.).

Speaking Tuesday night from Columbia, S.C., Haley urged Americans to resist the temptation “to follow the siren call of the angriest voices” and to make everyone in the country feel welcome. The remarks were widely viewed as a clear reference to Trump’s immigration-related proposals, which include a massive wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country.

Haley also said Democrats were not solely responsible for the failures in Washington. “There is more than enough blame to go around,” she said. “We, as Republicans, need to own that truth.”

Ryan and McConnell reviewed the text of Haley’s speech before her delivery, but there was no coordination to use the setting to attack Trump, their aides said. “Governor Haley did a great job with the speech. She had the pen and didn’t need much input from anyone,” Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck said.

Tim Pearson, Haley’s political adviser, said the governor told Ryan she would deliver the response only if he agreed to let her say whatever she wanted to say.

“There was nothing in the speech that she didn’t want in there and there was nothing that she wanted in the speech that didn’t get in there,” Pearson said. “It was all hers.”

Outside operatives said they suspected otherwise.

“Many conservatives feel that even though she’s a good governor, she probably got some of her talking points from the establishment,” said Kellyanne Conway, an adviser to a Cruz-allied super PAC. “It was an attempt to undercut Ted Cruz and Donald Trump.”

During Haley’s speech, a focus group of general-election voters assembled by Republican pollster Frank Luntz responded positively — more so, he said, than for any State of the Union response in a decade.

“She did exactly what the average voter would want from her,” Luntz said. “She was magnanimous and responsible. But neither attribute plays well in a right-wing Republican primary. . . . The danger for the Republicans is that they are caught between an uncompromisable base and an unforgiving general electorate.”

This tension was on display throughout the evening. As members of Congress assembled for the State of the Union, Trump was rallying his faithful inside a college gymnasium in Cedar Falls, Iowa. He warned of the dangers posed by illegal immigrants and foreign refugees. Putting on his glasses, he gave a dramatic reading of a song about a woman who invited a snake into her home only to be bitten.

Publicly, party leaders are reluctant to fully reject Trump and Cruz’s brand of politics. Privately, however, they are in nearly universal agreement that Haley’s compassion represents the right approach, both politically and morally.

“You can’t begin to imagine how many moods were lifted as a result of listening to her remarks,” said Al Cardenas, a former chairman of the American Conservative Union and a longtime Jeb Bush ally. “People went, ‘Yeah, that’s who we are.’ It was uplifting, it was timely and it was very well delivered.”

Haley’s speech — coupled with her leadership last year in the wake of the Charleston church massacre and her removal of the Confederate flag from the state capitol grounds — could put her atop the list of possible vice presidential candidates.

Haley, 43, was first elected governor in 2010 as a tea-party favorite and a figure outside of her state party’s establishment. National GOP leaders have since embraced her, but she began her career as someone who railed against the institutional party in both her state and elsewhere.

“When you ask people to describe what a Republican is, overwhelmingly they say things like ‘rich,’ ‘white,’ ‘old,’ ‘grouchy’ and ‘male,’ ” said GOP consultant Katie Packer Gage. “Nikki is very, very accomplished, she’s very articulate and makes a great case for conservatism. And she doesn’t look like what people expect a Republican to look like.”

Gingrich went so far to suggest that Haley would make a good running-mate for Trump. He said that despite their obvious differences — “Haley is a very positive person; Trump is by nature a confronter” — the two share much in common.

“Trump is articulating what an enormous amount of Americans think and feel — and most of it Nikki Haley wouldn’t disagree on,” Gingrich said. “She’s for legal immigration; look at Trump’s wife. They both want to move power out of Washington. They both want a country where everybody gets ahead.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...18d_story.html

“Trump is articulating what an enormous amount of Americans think and feel — and most of it Nikki Haley wouldn’t disagree on,” Gingrich said. “She’s for legal immigration; look at Trump’s wife. They both want to move power out of Washington. They both want a country where everybody gets ahead.”
    Stop Pandering. Newt, do really believe Donald Trump is going to pick any of these political hacks to be his VP who smile through their speeches as they talk about about murders, terrorists, illegal immigration? I don't think so. These are not Smiley Issues. Haley spoke in a voice, demeanor and with words the way someone might make a presentation at a Kids Camp Orientation. Sorry, but even without the digs on Trump and Trump supporters, "the angriest voices" she was attacking, her speech was not a grown up adult Rebuttal Speech against someone who many believe is the worst most destructive President in US History.

As a professional woman, I DO NOT WANT this pandering to anyone, let alone a Governor who screwed up, deserves every word of criticism coming her way, because she's a woman.

And Newt, go do your professorial research you're supposed to be so great at. Haley isn't even eligible to be a contender for Vice President because she's not a natural born citizen. A natural born citizen, under Article II, is born in the US as well as a child of two US citizens. STOP all this craziness with the first this or first that. Look what you do to our elections vying for the first "Hispanic" this or the first "female" that or the first "black" whatever. When you earn it, it doesn't matter what or who you are. This targeting candidates for opportunities BECAUSE of their gender, race or ethnic origin is a failed strategy. and it is just wrong, wrong, wrong. There are thousands and thousands and thousands of natural born citizens, born in the US to 2 US citizens, who are black, female, white, asian and/or of Hispanic, Indian and other ethnic origins. These are not the qualifications or criteria to run for an office or to be selected for an appointment or selection to an office, let alone offices as important as President and Vice President.

We need the best people and of them, whatever their race, religion, ethnicity or other turns out to be. We need straight tough talkers with amazing backgrounds and experiences of achievement and accomplishment, who have the sense to know you don't smile through an entire speech about issues that are destroying our country and killing Americans.

These are not Happy Times, these are Terrible Times. So far, there's only one person in the race who gets it, and Nikki Haley tried to tear him down. She failed, but that doesn't excuse her attempt to discredit the front-runner of the Republican Primary. Shame on her and there is no way of excusing it.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-13-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Trump: Our Country Needs My Anger

by BREITBART NEWS
    13 Jan 2016
    933 comments

Lisa Hagen writes at The Hill:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump says South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is right that he is one of the “angriest voices” — but Trump said that’s a good thing for America.

“She is right. I am angry, and a lot of other people are angry too at how incompetently our country’s being run,” Trump said Wednesday night on CNN’s “Erin Burnett Outfront.”

“I don’t care, let her refer to me. As far as I’m concerned, anger and energy is what this country needs,” he continued.

Haley, who’s considered a leading contender for the GOP vice presidential nomination, confirmed earlier Wednesday that she was referring to Trump in her Tuesday rebuttal to President Obama’s final State of the Union address.

In her speech, Haley called on Americans not to listen to “the siren of the angriest voices.”

Trump on Wednesday said Haley “is a very nice woman,” but panned her stance on immigration.

“She’s weak on the subject of illegal immigration,” Trump said. “Nothing at all against Nikki Haley.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...01/13/trump-3/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast