Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woo Hooo...Cornyn is po'd....and he is right
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I agree redbadger. This is not the time nor the place to slow down the DoD funding. All those other issues can be dealt with adequately after the DoD funding is taken care of.

Having said the above, watch Cornyn to see if he introduces a bill to raise work-visa caps (H1-bs, L-1s, etc). He would be a grade 'A' hypocrite if he levies the criticism above, and then turns around and pursues his own special amendments as well.

tinybobID: Kennedy needs to be watched, every time, all the time, any time...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lincoln wraps up 7:38am PT.

Dorgan speaking now (D-ND) 7:39am PT.

Speaking about SCHIP program/related funding, DoD funding, etc.

Let me paraphrase and summarize - there's a lot of party-line bickering going on at the moment. The gist of it is basically:

Democrats: "You Republicans don't want to take care of our most vulnerable persons"
    Republicans: "Come on, quit stalling/deviating from getting the critical funds to our military".

Democrats: "You dirty SOBs!"
    Republicans: "You dirty SOBs too!"

(repeat the above ...ad nauseum)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They're talking about raising taxes on cigarettes to pay for children's health care. What about alcohol? Look at the health hazards of drinking. But that doesn't count? I think they are teetering on discrimination here.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I do like this from Dorgan:

"How about taking care of things here at home?"

I think it's a good question to ask, and needs to be answered too.

My senator - Sen. Smith (R-OR) speaking on Hate Crimes amendment.

He is speaking for need to have a nat'l bill on subject; cooperated and agrees with Sen. Kennedy. 7:53am PT.

Hmmmmm
    Could actions against smokers be considered a hate crime under this bill?

That would be rich!!

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

They're talking about raising taxes on cigarettes to pay for children's health care. What about alcohol? Look at the health hazards of drinking. But that doesn't count? I think they are teetering on discrimination here.
    IMO, it's a poor mans tax. While the educated in our society smoke too, it's no secret that the majority of smokers are the less educated (in many cases the poor). Kennedy had the nerve to say the SCHIP expansion will not be payed for by taxpayers. I don't understand his line of thinking on that because who in the world does he thinks is buying those cancer sticks?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Smith finishes.

Kennedy to speak as in morning business 8:11am PT

Opening with comments about Smith, Hate Crimes bill

Keep preaching, Teddy. I hope he blathers for the entire day.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast