Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deleted

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Search 'Cosman' on this site, you'll find a couple of them.

This is really scarey. And to think of the thousand and one ways we could be exposed and never know it. It is especially frightning for all you people in the medical field. I don't know how you do it. I thought seriously about becomming a nurse for awhile but got scared for this very reason. I know there's precautions, but it's not fool proof. So much is I guess instinct, and I don't know if I could always be mindful in an emergency situation to protect myself.

When I worked in a store there was a day when a mexican family came in. The woman had a new baby maybe a week or two old. She started yelling and motioned frantically at the baby. Everybody just stood there looking at her and doing nothing so I finally left the register a ran over. The baby had vomitted and was choking on it because the mom kept holding it on it's back. The baby couldn't breathe at all by the time I got there. So I grabbed the baby and did my thing and fortunatly it began breathing on it's own once everything was out. That baby was so hot from fever it was hard to keep holding it. The mother looked relieved and I was glad to help and just mindlessly started to reach up towards my face and one of the other cashiers just grabbed my hands and practically dragged me to the bathroom and in a whirlwind she had filled the sink with hot water and put bleach in it and had a nail brush and started just scrubbing the heck out of my hands and arms with soap like some pro . The entire time never said a word. She was on a mission and I just went blindly along wondering why she was so intent. Finally I guess I was clean enough and she just said you never know what disease they brought with them. I would have of course washed but I can't say I wouldn't have absently touched my face or something because I wasn't thinking about that. My mind was still on that sick baby. Glad she watched my back that day. But I don't know how the nurses do it, especially in ER. Getting exposed all the time to god knows what.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

exposure

Crazybird.

Good for you for helping and good for your co-worker for protecting you.

Thanks for the understanding.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

A 1998 North Dakota case shows the extreme risk aliens pose of
    transmitting certain otherwise-rare communicable diseases to
    Americans - even outside of urban areas, even far from the Mexican
    border.
    It involved a nine-year-old alien from the Republic of the
    Marshall Islands - who had only been in North Dakota for two years.
    He had spread tuberculosis to three of four household members,
    16 of the 24 other children in his class at school, 10 of the 32
    other kids riding his school bus, and 9 of 61 other kids at his
    day-care facility. These somewhat-overlapping groups had 56 test
    positive for either active or inactive tuberculosis - and a total
    of 118 people had to go on preventive-therapy drugs.
    In all, more than 20% of those the alien kid was in contact
    with tested positive for tuberculosis.
    As was written in the New England Journal of Medicine's Nov. 11 issue, "this investigation shows that a young child can transmit Mycobacterium tuberculosis to a large number of contacts." It certainly shows the extreme risk that Third World alien children pose in today's American lifestyle where kids commonly contract minor diseases from one another at day-care facilities - and then go to separate schools during the day.

http://www.alamanceind.com/newfol~4/immig_10.html

As was written in the New England Journal of Medicine's Nov. 11 issue, "this investigation shows that a young child can transmit Mycobacterium tuberculosis to a large number of contacts." It certainly shows the extreme risk that Third World alien children pose in today's American lifestyle where kids commonly contract minor diseases from one another at day-care facilities - and then go to separate schools during the day.
    I'll never forget the lecture my dad gave before my oldest started kindergarden. AIDS was among the major worries. I. again, just never thought about some of the simple aspects. They were lecturing about sexual contact and trying to get people not afraid to touch people at that time. But never once did I think in teaching her about the disease did I think of her helping a friend on the playground with a skinned knee or bloody nose or first pulled tooth. You want them to be compassionate and caring and helpful, but you have to protect yourself at the same time. And youngsters are typically concerned even if it's just to see how gross it is. But never once did any of the teachers talk about that. Ya, they had gloves and the first-aid kit and knew. But they never addressed the possibility to the kids. So I was glad my dad informed me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123