Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You have to remember we have a Senate and a Congress. No matter who is elected, if the right Congressmen and Senators are in office they will make it difficult for any President to make changes.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    This is just the first Caucus.

Did you know that in 1992 that Bill Clinton only received 3% of the Iowa Caucus votes but went on to become president? Just goes to show that the Iowans don't pick the president, the nation does.

Dixie
    Thanx for lifting the depression. I needed this Dixie!!!

I decided along time ago that obama will be the best person for the Republicans to run agains't, I am not sure if a black man will be able to get ellected president in this country. Especially one who favors amnety for illegal aliens.
    Am I way out of touch or are they?
    Who is really in the majority in this country those open to amnesty or those against it , I don't know. I will be voteing for Ron Paul, or Romney.

I still don't believe that Huckabee will get the nominaton. If he does I am hoping for a third party run from Bloomberg and Lou Dobbs to draw votes away from Obama and the Huckster.

xyz
    Look At the Number of Voters..
    Democrats | Polls | County Results
    • Candidate Votes % of votes
      Barack Obama 879 37%
      John Edwards 704 30%
      Hillary Clinton 692 29%
      Bill Richardson 50 2%
      Joe Biden 22 1%
      Uncommitted 3%

95% of precincts reporting

Republicans | Polls | County Results
    • Candidate Votes % of votes
      Mike Huckabee 30,852 34%
      Mitt Romney 22,973 25%
      Fred Thompson 12,289 14%
      John McCain 12,109 13%
      Ron Paul 8,995 10%
      Rudy Giuliani 3,246 4%
      Duncan Hunter 392 0%

76% of precincts reporting
    Obama got fewer votes than Guiliani..The Democrats didn't turn out

Oh, I do think Obama has a chance - if nominated.

I believe he has some very powerful people behind him - and I don't mean Oprah.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    Obama 879 votes
    Hunter 392
    All of the Democrats are just above Hunter..

Interesting post on a Ron Paul forum:

I have been telling my meetups for a while to not buy the hype and think we'd win Iowa or even lock 3rd. That's nuts. I told them prepare for 5th if they must because even that would be good progress, but 3rd would be amazing.

People need to start thinking long-term and not looking for magic bullets.

Iowa is a Christian Coalition stronghold that loves farm subsidies and fears terrarists. We didn't go in there with any better chances than Rudy did, and much worse chances that the Bible thumpers and drum beaters winning over us right now. Why do you think Ron didn't waste his money there?

PS: To the ones saying "well kill in NH!", LEARN THE LESSON HERE. We won't win NH either. We have to go against Romney in his backyard and McCain who has owned that state before. 3rd would be awesome, but it's no given.

The long fight here is not going to end in one state, and it's not even going to end if we lose them all. We have 10% of the vote nationwide, minimum. That is enough to go into a brokered convention and walk out the winner. If that's not the fight you're ready for, you don't have your eyes open.
    This is a marathon, in other words.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    Obama 879 votes
    Hunter 392
    All of the Democrats are just above Hunter..
    so isnt Iowa demacrate state

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Interesting post on a Ron Paul forum:

I have been telling my meetups for a while to not buy the hype and think we'd win Iowa or even lock 3rd. That's nuts. I told them prepare for 5th if they must because even that would be good progress, but 3rd would be amazing.

People need to start thinking long-term and not looking for magic bullets.

Iowa is a Christian Coalition stronghold that loves farm subsidies and fears terrarists. We didn't go in there with any better chances than Rudy did, and much worse chances that the Bible thumpers and drum beaters winning over us right now. Why do you think Ron didn't waste his money there?

PS: To the ones saying "well kill in NH!", LEARN THE LESSON HERE. We won't win NH either. We have to go against Romney in his backyard and McCain who has owned that state before. 3rd would be awesome, but it's no given.

The long fight here is not going to end in one state, and it's not even going to end if we lose them all. We have 10% of the vote nationwide, minimum. That is enough to go into a brokered convention and walk out the winner. If that's not the fight you're ready for, you don't have your eyes open.
    This is a marathon, in other words.
    Bible thumpers??? Bible thumpers ???
    what is he saying

Oh No, Now its on

Ok bible thumpers is not a great word but Mormons don't have many wives either.

Thank you for the post apropos
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast