Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gosh my picture is making me ill.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

xyz
    Iowa a Democratic State? Look at the Numbers...
    The high turnout in the Republican Caucus means either that the independants voted in the Republican Caucus..which means they will vote Republican in the General Election
    It may mean that many independants and Democrats believe that Edwards, Clinton and Obama are so identical that it is worth it to vote in the Republican primaries..so the Republicans cannot get the candidate that the Republicans want...but that isn't reflected in Guiliani's numbers..which should be higher if the Dems were trying to influence the primaries..
    So..that means Iowa is voting Republican..
    Look at the Numbers..Those are party affilliations of active voters
    Huckabee..over 30 thousand, Romney over 20 thousand
    Obama..900....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    Iowa a Democratic State? Look at the Numbers...
    The high turnout in the Republican Caucus means either that the independants voted in the Republican Caucus..which means they will vote Republican in the General Election
    It may mean that many independants and Democrats believe that Edwards, Clinton and Obama are so identical that it is worth it to vote in the Republican primaries..so the Republicans cannot get the candidate that the Republicans want...but that isn't reflected in Guiliani's numbers..which should be higher if the Dems were trying to influence the primaries..
    So..that means Iowa is voting Republican..
    Look at the Numbers..Those are party affilliations of active voters
    Huckabee..over 30 thousand, Romney over 20 thousand
    Obama..900....

I didnt know... i was just asking you
    they all could have voted for the better side

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    This is just the first Caucus.

Did you know that in 1992 that Bill Clinton only received 3% of the Iowa Caucus votes but went on to become president? Just goes to show that the Iowans don't pick the president, the nation does.
    Yes, that's true, and as I listen to Huckster's speech I'm thinking that's as good as it gets for this t**d.

Banned
    I say we all Say A Good Prayer Tonight
    Then
    Let um have it with both barrels tomorrow

I"m sorry to be the one to tell you guys,but those #s on the democrat side aren't number of votes they are delegates to the conventions. Repubs do a straight straw poll and the dems fight for delegates.

I"m very curious to see the turnout in Iowa though on the dem side to compare. My hometown is very heavy democrat,but it seemed the republicans had a full house.

xyz
    I was answering..Iowa is half and half according to the pollsters but look at this page..
    Look at the Number Of Voters...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229206

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    This is just the first Caucus.

Did you know that in 1992 that Bill Clinton only received 3% of the Iowa Caucus votes but went on to become president? Just goes to show that the Iowans don't pick the president, the nation does.
    Yes, that's true, and as I listen to Huckster's speech I'm thinking that's as good as it gets for this t**d.
    What was this change he was talking about? Ain't a damn thing going to change with him in office.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

I think Illegal Immigration is a much bigger issue then the Dems believe and yes a lot of Dems and Independents will vote Repub because of the IA issue.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    I was answering..Iowa is half and half according to the pollsters but look at this page..
    Look at the Number Of Voters...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229206
    Interesting page. Those 900 votes aren't pure voters though. Dems do things differently than repubs,

Look here and you'll see some early #s on the Iowa dems:Polk county in iowa had 30K dems by themselves.

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/elect ... unties.php

If that doesnt work just go to desmoines register website and find the link on the front page it will show you a break down by each party.

I"m too lazy to add up the totals,but I truly hope the repubs had a equal or greater turnout in the end!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast