Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
I think Illegal Immigration is a much bigger issue then the Dems believe and yes a lot of Dems and Independents will vote Repub because of the IA issue.
I agree. But, because I agree I'm dumbfounded to explain Obama. One thing I have heard is that the 17-29 year old vote was really up. And, this was the turnout that Obama needed to take Iowa & the country. I teach an age group that's typically 18-25. I love the fact that they're in the political process. But, this isn't the most reasonable set of voters.

My students are typically so idealistic, you couldn't convince them that the increase of H1B Visas are a problem, if you tried. And I teach computer related courses. It's more of a - "We shouldn't be so mean, mentality".
Yep, they said on Fox yesterday that a LOT of his voters were the college students-----which is why they did not know if he would win----because they did not know if they would show up, as a lot are on Spring break!!!
This age group is great. But, they have limited experience and lots of instinct. Anybody here that's had teenagers know how bad that can be.

With a large youth turn out, I think Obama will go all the way. And, the country will feel really good... for about a day and a half.