Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dick Mountjoy Signs America First Contract!

According to Peggy Mew, campaign manager for Richard “Dick” Mountjoy, Republican challenger for Democrat Dianne Feinstein’s California Senate seat, and confirmed by his campaign office, Dick Mountjoy has signed the America First Contract.

The America First Contract is a pledge being offered by the Alamo Alliance to every Senate, House and now Governor/Lt. Governor incumbent and challenger in the nation. Rather than paste the text of the Contract in this post, you can read it here.

Other high profile candidates to sign on include Ken Chase, who is running against Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts and Alan Schlesinger who is running against Joe Lieberman and Ned Lamont in Connecticut.

Media release set to go out Tuesday.

First Gubernatorial Candidates in the Nation to Sign America First Contract!

Alamo Alliance would like to announce that Minnesota candidates for Governor/Lt. Governor Sue Jeffers and Ruthie Hendrycks have also agreed to become the first gubernatorial candidates in the nation to sign the recently launched America First Contract for Governors. Some of you may know Ruth Hendrycks from Minnesotans Seeking Immigration Reform, or Minn-SIR. We are currently working on the final wording of the Governors Contract.

The America First Contract for Governors can be read here.

I really like this contract, I just wish it had something in there about disalowing children of illegal immigrants the right of becoming US citizens since their parents are not here legally.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nittygritty,

It does:

"Within the first 90 days of my term in office, I will co-sponsor and vote for legislation to properly define the 14th Amendment to apply only to the children of people who are legal residents of the United States. Said legislation will specifically state that the intent of the 14th amendment was NEVER to have applied to the children of people who were in this country illegally and is therefore retroactive.

It looks very good
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

MW
    Wow, getting rid of Sen. Feinstein (D-CA), Sen. Kennedy (D-MA), and Sen. Lieberman (D-CT) would be a huge boost to our cause!

I hope every voter in these states get the word.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AlamoAlliance, thank you for pointing that out to me, I am all for it then wish all of our leaders would sign this contract!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Thanks nittygritty,

We pretty much knew going in that not a lot of candidates would sign, but we knew some would and we wanted those candidates to be highlighted. Now, if this helps any of them to be elected, then we have a pretty good idea that our Contract will be even more successful in 2008.

We're still trying to get it out to all candidates in the House. We've already sent to all Senate incumbents and challengers. You can see hereevery candidate that has received our Contract and all who have signed. If you don't see your district represented on this page, then these candidates have not yet received our Contract.

All are welcomed and even encouraged to send the Contract to the incumbent and challengers in their districts. There is a downloadable copy of the Contract and a cover letterto fax or email to your Reps and their challengers.

Rick Barton says he will sign too! Mass 6th district

Good News! I just received the following email message from Rick Barton who is running against Rep Tierney in the Sixth Congressional District of Massachusetts:

Thank you for forwarding the information on the
    America First Contract. As I found out early on in
    this campaign, that despite media reports to the
    contrary, illegal immigration remains the number one
    concern of the majority of citizens of this district.
    My signed contract will go out in Tuesday's mail.
    Please visit my website, www.rickbarton.us and you
    will be able to get more information on my position on
    this and other issues. We can fix this problem, but
    only if we elect people who will face the issue head
    on and take the necessary action.

Sincerely,

Rick Barton

Mass_Citizen

Thanks Mass-Citizen!

I got your email and will follow up with Mr. Barton. This makes Mass. the first state to have 2 different candidates sign our contract! We've also signed Ken Chase and are actively working with his campaign.

If I could ask another favor, keep an eye on any Labor Day protests and let me know if you see the protestors carrying "Re-Elect Kennedy" protest signs.

AlamoAlliance,

I am still waiting for a reply/response from Representative John Tierney who Mr Rick Barton is running against.

I won't be holding my breath, but you never know!

Mass_Citizen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast