Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I can't help but feel Bush will soon commute their sentences or issue a full pardon. Once Bush realizes the true source of the conspiracy (himself) is getting closer to being revealed, (as in the attorney firings) he'll make a deal to commute or pardon them on the condition that investigations be ceased. Just a "gut feeling".
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Unfortunately, I agree with CitizenBob...there is no way Bush will commute the sentences because he is answering to the Mexican government. This will have to go to the Fifth Circuit, but they will win.

It's so idiotic. I mean - how upside-down is it to actually be on the side of the DRUG RUNNER, instead of the border agents?!

The way they were talking in the hearing yesterday, the jury never knew that the mandatory sentence was 10 years. And, they weren't given information on the violence on the border that would make any border agent fear for his life.

I hate that Sutton guy - he ought to be squashed like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    It's so idiotic. I mean - how upside-down is it to actually be on the side of the DRUG RUNNER, instead of the border agents?!

The way they were talking in the hearing yesterday, the jury never knew that the mandatory sentence was 10 years. And, they weren't given information on the violence on the border that would make any border agent fear for his life.

the jurors were also not told of the infamous October bust. but yet its in the trial transcript and the judge says its not relevant. thanks for the prosecutor who went out of the way to make sure its not mentioned....
    yeah you gotta love the judge who says that the defense can only say that the dangerousness at the border is ALLEGED...

hey JUDGE: ALLEGE THIS

i hope that who ever is in office in 2009 fires all US attorneys like most new presidents do

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal

I'm not sure why this Sutton guy had it out for those two, but he did. Because they did commit a crime, he had a case. It's not fair that the drug dealer is free, now an American, and suing for millions while they're locked up, but solely looking at their case - they were offered a plea bargain for breaking the law 6 times and they denied it each time. Between discharging firearms and not reporting it, getting others to help them cover it up, and thinking because they did so while firing at the scum of the earth they were above the law, they didn't do themselves any favors. It is as much their fault as it is bush's that they aren't expected to get out any time soon.

Just goes to show we are not serious about getting rid of illegal Mexican criminals, though. He has a free pass now to go over the border anytime!

In any case, the law has to be changed - if an officer shoots at a DRUG RUNNER (for goodness sakes), it should be legal, with such a serious crime as bringing millions of pounds of drugs into our country!

I don't know why they didn't take plea bargains, but their lawyers must have had a good reason. And, if they believed themselves to be right, they would naturally want a trial. I doubt they figured the U.S. government would actually be on the DRUG RUNNER's side in this.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude

I'm not sure why this Sutton guy had it out for those two, but he did. Because they did commit a crime, he had a case. It's not fair that the drug dealer is free, now an American, and suing for millions while they're locked up, but solely looking at their case - they were offered a plea bargain for breaking the law 6 times and they denied it each time. Between discharging firearms and not reporting it, getting others to help them cover it up, and thinking because they did so while firing at the scum of the earth they were above the law, they didn't do themselves any favors. It is as much their fault as it is bush's that they aren't expected to get out any time soon.
    What is your source for davila now being an American citizen? He was given a free pass visa by Sutton, which he promptly repaid by running another load of THC across the border. (Lou Dobbs show, 7/17) I don't know if that visa was revoked or not.

Please also cite a reliable source for your other allegations.

Here's the scoop on Johnny Sutton. He's another idgit appointed by the Shrub. I have no respect for anyone appointed by that man - with the exception of Colin Powell.

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/us_attorney/index.html

I believe that Sutton is just another "yes" man to Bush.

When Lou interviewed the traitor my ears caught on fire. Lou did a great job and had the little Weasel squirming in his seat. Ramos and Compean deserve no less than a full pardon, financial compensation and an in-depth investigation of the Attorney’s office for Western District of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    When Lou interviewed the traitor my ears caught on fire. Lou did a great job and had the little Weasel squirming in his seat. Ramos and Compean deserve no less than a full pardon, financial compensation and an in-depth investigation of the Attorney’s office for Western District of Texas.
    Amen.

I thought Lou did a great job, too; he didn't let him get away with anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast