Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Disgusted with Romney!

I was just watching an interview between Bret Baier and Mitt Romney. He was asked what he would do with the millions of illegals already here. He stuttered and stammered and then said they could go to the back of line and apply like legal immigrants do. But guess what, Baier also asked him if they would have to go back to their homelands to do that and Romney said not necessarily! In other words they could be allowed to stay here while applying! IMO anything that allows them to stay here rather than going back to their homelands to apply is akin to an amnesty but he keeps saying "no amnesty". I am fed up! I don't trust any of these Republican candidates now on this issue.

can you find us a video of that or transcript so we can document this right away?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw the interview too. There is no way to interview, investigate, validate, or accommodate millions of illegal aliens. It is total fantasy. There is such fraud associated with enforcement measures now. Amnesty would go on and on. We would be clueless to the truth and our borders remain porous.

Illegal aliens need to assume responsibility and to self deport. They illegally entered on their own, with or without families. They can reverse the actions and go home or go elsewhere. If they want to try to enter legally, they should apply and do it the correct way from their own countries. They need to go through the scrutiny and the requirements for legal entry to the United States with their true names.

This may already be posted, but appropriate in this discussion. Mr. Romney is endorsed by Mel Martinez and others who have pushed and who still want amnesty. Senator McCain is mentioned.

(quote)

Romney Endorsed by 3 Key Latino Pols in Florida

Published November 29, 2011

Fox News Latino

U.S. congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, U.S. congressman Mario Diaz-Balart, and his brother, former congressman Lincoln Diaz-Balart will endorse Mitt Romney today at an event in South Florida.
    The three are powerful among the Cuban community who make up the majority of registered Republican voters in Miami-Dade county. All three will serve as foreign policy advisors to the Romney campaign. The three supported John McCain in 2008 over Romney--- McCain went on to win the Florida primary while Romney lost Miami-Dade by 52,000 votes.
    [summary]
    Fox News' Bret Baier is interviewing Romney at the same location today in an exclusive interview that will air on Special Report tonight.
    This is not the first key endorsement by an influential Florida Hispanic for Romney: former U.S. Senator Mel Martinez of Florida, a Cuban-American, has also backed the former Massachusetts governor.
    Of course, the most influential endorsement in terms of Latino GOP voters in Florida would be Senator Marco Rubio. However, Rubio told Baier in an interview in Miami Monday that he was not planning on endorsing anyone during the primary.
    Rubio does have close ties to both Gingrich and Romney, in fact, Romney campaigned for the freshman senator last year and his PAC donated money for Rubio's 2010 effort as well.
    But Gingrich and Rubio also share a friendship that goes back to when he was Florida Speaker of the State House.

" I have a lot of people running that I have had relationships with who have been helpful to me so I am really not inclined to endorse during the primary, "Rubio said to Baier.
    Serafin Gomez is a producer in the Miami Bureau of the Fox News Channel.

(quote)

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... rida-pols/

Phillipians 4:6,7
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    can you find us a video of that or transcript so we can document this right away?

W
    Yes, here ya go.

http://www.newspusher.com/EN/post/13225 ... promo.html

Banned
    I saw it and it seems like he really has no intention of deporting even as many as Newt would. He stated they would have to get at the end of the line , but stopped short of actually saying they would have to wait in line elsewhere outside of the country. This is not the first time I have seen him take this position. I have thought this for a while now watching him. I thought when he was described as the perfect android politician , that fit perfectly.

Romney=Bush=Jeb=more illegals:
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

United States (USA), UNITED STATES (USA), Tue 29 Nov 2011, 17:38 GMT
    FOX NEWS CHANNEL'S BRET BAIER SITS DOWN WITH THE GOP'S FRONT-RUNNER PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, MITT ROMNEY...
    AND WHILE HE MAY CONTINUE TO SIT AT THE TOP OF THE POLLS -- MANY OF ROMNEY'S CRITICS CONTINUE TO LABEL HIM AS A LONGTIME FLIP-FLOPPER... BUT THE FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOVERNOR IS FIGHTING BACK .... SAYING THERE'S NO FLIP-FLOPPING WHEN IT COMES TO HIS STANCE ON IMMIGRATION....

ROMNEY says: "My view is pretty straightforward. For those people who have come here illegally, they should have the opportunity to get in line with everybody else who wants to come into this country, but they go to the back of the line and they should be given no special pathway to citizenship or permanent residency merely because they've come here illegally."
    BAIER says: "And they do it outside of this country?"
    ROMNEY says: "That -- I -- I -- whether they -- whether they apply here or whether they apply by going home, I think I've said in the past, I think it makes more sense for them to go home if we set up a system for them to apply here. My view is that to get a -- a permanent residency in this country, those that have come here illegal should not be given a special pathway or special right to become a citizen or a permanent resident."

YOU CAN CATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW WITH FORMER GOVERNOR, MITT ROMNEY, ON TONIGHT'S (Tuesday) "SPECIAL REPORT" AT SIX P-M EASTERN TIME.
    http://www.newspusher.com/EN/post/13225 ... promo.html

I think the only candidate that actually says they would deport illegal aliens is Michele Bachmann. The rest of them use amnesty double talk.

Bachmann: Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants, in steps

By Josh Lederman - 11/28/11 10:23 AM ET

Intent on drawing a clear contrast between rival Newt Gingrich and herself, presidential candidate Michele Bachmann called for 11 million illegal immigrants to be deported from the United States in steps.

In the week since a GOP debate during which Gingrich supported legalizing some undocumented immigrants, Bachmann has pounded the former House Speaker, likening his position to "amnesty" and circulating a letter he co-authored in 2004 that supported a path for worker legalization.

Asked by radio host Laura Ingraham on Monday about an earlier statement she made differentiating between immigrants who had recently entered the country illegally from those with longstanding ties to the United States, Bachmann said she was never referring to legalization.

"What I'm talking about is the order of deportation, the sequence of deportation," Bachmann replied. "It is almost impossible to move 11 million illegal immigrants overnight. You do it in steps."

Bachmann said deporting those convicted of crimes would be the first step.

She also said that while she hadn't seen any polls detailing her level of support among Hispanic voters, she believes they are seeking the same answers from government as everyone else: a chance to pursue a prosperous life.

That doesn't include extending government benefits such as in-state tuition to illegal immigrants, Bachmann contended, this time pushing back on another of her competitors, Gov. Rick Perry, who has upheld that policy in Texas.

"When we give the welfare state, then people won't be able to come out of it. It's the biggest trap that people can have," she said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/19 ... s-in-steps
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

I was really rooting for Bachmann but face it she's out of the picture. Now I'm behind Romney all the way as the best of a mediocre lot. What choice do we have? Aside from voting for a third party candidate that gets 0.03% of the vote?

Am I wrong to say Romney is better than nothing? Even the much maligned Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed the Dream Act and drivers licenses for illegals. Unlike the present swine Jerry Brown. Better than nothing, no?

Granted I was a bit upset and disappointed when I watched the interview between Bret Baier and Romney yesterday about illegal immigraton but if Romney is our best bet to beat Obama then I will have to reluctantly support him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast