Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do illegals work off or on the books?

I always thought that they could not be on the books. But when I read the list of employers that hire illegals, there were companies that are chains and I thought they did not hire off the books at all. Maybe I'm naive, but that's what I thought. I know that if I was working off the books I would get caught. I live very near to Farmingville,where there are hundreds of illegal mexicans that gather to get picked up for work. This is also somewhat close to an IRS office. You can't tell me that no one that works for the IRS has ever driven passed there? They have to know. Why aren't they reporting the people who pick them up? I know,because they didn't punch in yet. I wonder if it would do any good to report these employers to the IRS???

MW
    Some work off the books and some on. Many have fake social secruity cards. Those do pay required taxes. From what I understand, many in the construction industry do work for cash only (off the books) - no paid taxes. I believe those that stand on the street corners soliciting work (day workers) are paid in cash. Nope, they do not pay federal, State or social security taxes.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most of them that are 'on the books' are working contract labor.

That means no taxes are withheld from their checks. They simply flash a SS card at the person hiring. At the end of the year, a 1099 is mailed to the address given. It is then up to the employee to file and pay his/her fair income tax and self-employment SS tax. We know they are just rushing in to do that, don't we?

I understand a lot of these people work through the temp or manpower type agencies. No taxes collected.

As to the IRS, if they cared about the illegal aliens not paying taxes, they could/would do something about it. They are well aware of the problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There was a special done in the Denver area over the past few days. A reporter (hispanic) was able to buy a green card ($80) and a SS card ($90). I may have the amounts wrong, but it only took him 45 minutes to get both.

As an accountant, who handles a lot of client payrolls, I can tell you that when an employer gets your SSN, he/she can easily check to see if it is valid. There is a website the SSA has set up for just that purpose (as well as filing w-2s) online.

And if the illegal claims 9 people on his W-4, virtually no taxes will be withheld for state and federal and very little for Social Security and Medicare.

Also read somewhere, that the SSA knows that there are fake SS ids out there but refuses to tell anyone.

What a great world (if you're an illegal)

Also read somewhere, that the SSA knows that there are fake SS ids out there but refuses to tell anyone.
    they really can't. against the law for the most part. the thing is that the far-left and the far-right want it like that for many reasons. som are stupid and others valid. and if any true immigration reform is to take place, these reasons must be dealt with. it is going to get ugly.

and it also goes to the sort of gov't we have. you have 50 states forming one. and then you have state's rights and other things. many want to abolish the education department because they don't wnat some big agancy telling their local board what to do. and within states you also have conflicts. and if one state wants gay marriage, do others must follow? and there are tons of other issues. look at hurricane katrina. the feds couldn't do things before the state did somehting. and the state couldn't do other things untilt he feds said it was ok.

and btw. i pay taxes. federal taxes. painful they are. had a co-worker who was born here who gave fake social and paid no taxes. i use my itin and pay taxes.

If the illegal uses a fake SSN the SSA notifies the employer. Usually when the employer confronts the illegal, the illegal simply moves to another job.
    They have the employer report their pay as though they are working as an indendent contractor via 1099 but never file a tax return.

TheInquisitor,

Troll, Have you ever been to an immigration court?

Re: SS, it is going to get ugly.
    Not for me. I'm an American with a valid SS card.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and btw. i pay taxes. federal taxes. painful they are. had a co-worker who was born here who gave fake social and paid no taxes. i use my itin and pay taxes.
    I would of course, assume you do pay taxes. Why would you think I would assume otherwise?

No one will ever dispute that people in this country don't break the laws. I'm not sure why you brought that up???

You know something? ITIN IS NOT FEDERAL TAXES. I have done the bookwork in my son's shop now for almost 20 years.
    If you THINK for one minute it is FEDERAL TAXES, then contact your local IRS............THEY WILL SET YOU STRAIGHT. Do you even pay State Taxes? (You know what they are, don't you?) STATE INCOME TAXES, SALES/USE TAXES on merchandise you sell to the public?
    Do you have a City and County license you operate under?
    Do you have people working for you that you pay wages to?
    Do you pay the Unemployment taxes on them?
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

and it also goes to the sort of gov't we have. you have 50 states forming one. and then you have state's rights and other things. many want to abolish the education department because they don't wnat some big agancy telling their local board what to do. and within states you also have conflicts. and if one state wants gay marriage, do others must follow? and there are tons of other issues. look at hurricane katrina. the feds couldn't do things before the state did somehting. and the state couldn't do other things untilt he feds said it was ok.
    GOD BESS AMERICA

and

STATES RIGHTS!!

OH, and those 'other things'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast