Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The company I work for hires them sometimes and they call it a "community outreach program." It just sickens me! Also the building that my company is in hired an illegal to work the parking gate. I don't work with them directly every day, but I see them and interact with them daily.

I am also in Los Angeles....there are literally illegals on every street corner in my area (Newhall, CA). Driving in to work I drive by a street called San Fernando Rd. There are HUNDREDS of them waiting to be picked up for work. I know other areas of the country have illegals too, but it is no where near as bad as L.A.!!!

- Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    No, not really, I don't call anyone a liar - am just saying it isn't true. It isn't true in Texas, it isn't true in CA, and I doubt it is true anywhere - except according to you - in Georgia.

I have sold P & C also.

You don't sell insurance, 'by the month' - you sell it for 6 months or 12 months - but they pay by the month. If they don't pay the 2nd month, it is lapsed, but the holder still has a valid bona fide Proof of Insurance card, that is good for 6 months or 12 months.

Some insurance agencies here knowingly wrote illegals -

So, if the insurance lapses and they have a Proof of Insurance card, what happens?

Does the insurance company notify the state?

Does the state then run out and look for that illegal??

No, they don't. Actually, they spend a great deal of time looking the other way when they see an illegal or someone who seems to be illegal.

Just because you have a Proof of Insurance paper doesn't mean you have insurance coverage.
    i could sit here all night trying to explain georgia laws to you..but here is a link so you can read it yourself

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/i...rpenalties.asp

Thank you, sincerely.

I don't have time to read Georgia laws.

I have been reading laws for many years. It isn't the laws or the reading of them - it is the enforcing of them that counts.

I simply asked what happens when insurance is lapsed? Do they notify the state and the state goes looking for the illegals?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Thank you, sincerely.

I don't have time to read Georgia laws.

I have been reading laws for many years. It isn't the laws or the reading of them - it is the enforcing of them that counts.

I simply asked what happens when insurance is lapsed? Do they notify the state and the state goes looking for the illegals?
    the same that happens if your insurance were to lapse. you get a letter.. everyone gets a letter...and then the fines start racking up.. do they go out to find them..no... but that goes for everybody, they just dont have the time nor the resources

Well, I don't care if they have insurance or not. I want them denied insurance, so they are denied driver's licenses and car registration, and car loans, and home loans...because I WANT THEM OUT OF HERE!

Get it?

O. U. T.

O U T!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by diana717
    Yes I do know how this country was formed. Since the beginning of time people all over the world have fought over land. You don't need to spout American history to me. I know how Europeans took this land from the Native Americans. The Europeans fought the Native Americans and won. That's the way of the world. The Europeans took it and made it into America. If Mexico or any other country on the planet that wants to have a fair fight and try to take America , gee I think I like our chances. But that is not happening, our government is holding one arm behind our backs and shoving illegals immigrants down our throats. You want to compare how America was formed to our politicians handing our country over on a silver platter? YOU prove my point. You say you were born here and are loyal to America? Your first loyalty is to Mexico and it's plain to see. My grandparents were born in Spain and in Ireland. I'm curious about those countries and hope to visit them somdeday but that's about it. I have no allegiance to those countries whatsoever. I own NO FLAG but the stars and stripes.
    We both see different views here and I pledge allegiance to that same flag it is before any other but I do have my grandparents flag as well. My great great grand parents are from Spain also and I don't have any problems there either..

Yes, I understand how the law is supposed to work.

We have laws on the books about coming into this country illegally - driving without a license, working without being a citizen or without paying taxes, etc. etc. etc. We see them broken every day by millions - just saw them on TV bragging about it. And guess what,t hey have the full force of this administration and the congress protecting them in this flaunting of the law.

And we are supposed to believe they rush down and purchase auto insurance because they are afraid the law is going to hunt them down???

Enforcement - that's where it all breaks down.

But please I do apologize if I was rude, that isn't good.

I do get worked up about this because I have seen too many young working American families hurt by illegal immigration. Among the many ways they are being harmed is through the high cost of auto insurance.

And my grandchildren will never know the America I knew - that angers me, it makes me cry,and it frightens me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Knew a guy named Benito who was a illegal alien... couldn't speak a word of English.. However, he owned 2 beat up trucks and had a job at IHOP near where I live. Knew him b/c he was dating one of my roommates at the time.

Anyhow, he lives with 8-10 other people in a small 2 bedroom house. Think he makes like $8/hr cash, under the table from IHOP.

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    I agree with Junius. You cannot be loyal to two countries. You are either American or Mexican. Take your pick! But I suggest you choose Mexican because you aren't much of an American if you are flying another flag. Having been born on our soil has made you an American on paper ONLY.
    There's alot more to being American than having been born here.

Thank You, Sylvia Alvarado
    http://latinoamericans.org
    http://latinoamericans.org/phpBB
    Say what you want and do what you want I am an American Citizen and do not have to go anywhere else for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by barth49
    Dian1362 Wrote:

Excuse me Barth but I am 100% American Citizen and am proud of it! I am Latina. Do you even know what Latina or Latino means? Well i'll tell you. Latino is a person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States. So next time your wife feels that way tell her to look up what it means. I am born and raised here in the United States so I consider myself Latina.
    No, I have zero idea what latina/o means...

La·ti·na1 (lə-tē'nə, lă-, lä-) pronunciation
    n.

A Latino woman or girl.

[Spanish, feminine of Latino, Latino. See Latino.]
    La·ti'na adj.

USAGE NOTE The use of the feminine nouns Latina and Chicana is perfectly proper in American English, and failure to do so (as in She is a Latino) may sometimes be resented. The use of these forms as modifiers, however, poses unfamiliar problems in English. Is it wrong to use a masculine form such as Chicano to modify woman? Can one say She is a Latino novelist, or is Latina novelist required? There is no one answer to these questions, though a few guidelines can be proposed. First, since English nouns do not have gender, the Spanish rules governing adjective-noun agreement cannot reasonably determine English usage; thus the choice between She is the city's first Latino or Latina mayor does not depend on the gender of the Spanish word for mayor. Second, the use of the more general masculine form as a modifier in referring to women—as in “Bush Appoints Latino Woman to U.S. Court” (headline in the Sacramento Bee) and “Juror 1427, a Latino woman who works for the Los Angeles County assessor” (the Los Angeles Times)—is standard in American English. Again, English does not normally inflect for gender, and the use of Latina in cases such as these would consequently strike many people as unusual. And third, when the feminine form is used to modify words like woman and girl, it is often, though not always, suggestive of a liberal or feminist viewpoint, as in “I came to know Chicana women living in a barrio who were organizing women's health-care programs” (Ms. magazine).

You also need to go back to school. I don't see any reference to hispanic. Spanish yes, but then your not realy Spanish are you? if you were then you would be a facist just like Spain(which is in Europe).
    I have no reason to say something that is not true! Now here is the dictionary word of Latino or latina:
    La·ti·no ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-tn, l-, lä-)
    n. pl. La·ti·nos
    A Latin American.
    A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States. See Usage Note at Hispanic.
    Now you see you write without looking for the entire word.
    I think others need to really look for there words in the dictionary before coming in and talking crap.