Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I voted for Gore in 2000! I had this inner sixth sense feeling that GWB was immature, childish and not serious enough to be president. He just struck me that way. Besides to me he was just going to be president because his father was president.....not because he really earned it or the American people really had confidence in him. I HATE it when our country picks candidates for reasons such as that.
    I didn't vote in 2000 -- shame on me......But I was leaning more for Gore back then. I have hated GWB from the beginning. I guess I had that kinda sixth sense feeling as well. We must not always think partisanship, and the all Dems are evil, back and white mentality.

Gore had a strong voting record on immigration while in congress. Yes he voted for the 86 amnesty, but Reagan SIGNED the damn thing, while most here seem to give the gipper a pass on that. Additedly his time in the Senate was a LONG time ago, but I do not think we should hold him accountable for what Clinton did. The VP has no power (except for maybe Cheney).

Gore served in Vietnam, while daddy Shrub got his boy out of it. In his speach at the 2000 Democratic Convention he said he supports "fair trade, not free trade." I don't really have an opinion either way on the environmental stuff, which often gets bogged down in partisanship.

CONCLUSION: We do not know for certain what kind of president Gore would have been, nor his current stance on immigration. Politicians flip-flop all of the time, and I would not be surprised if Gore has on immigration. He did flip-flop on abortion and guns. Just don't judge people on their party affiliation. Not all dems are evil, just like that R before Bush's name doesn't mean he gives a crap about this nation.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I agree BearFlag.

At least it would have been interesting to see how Gore would have responded to the American people when we said, "WE"VE HAD IT WITH PEOPLE LITERALLY IGNORING AND MAKING A JOKE OF OUR LAWS!!"

Would he have responded more appropriately to the American people and more quickly than GWB?

Maybe the problem would not have ever reached the point of being as bad as it did and is......since GWB, as we now know, PURPOSELY ALLOWED AND ENCOURAGED PEOPLE TO BREAK OUR LAWS AND ENTER OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.....EVEN AFTER 9/11!!!!! Wow. How unbelievable this has been. Illegal immigration sky rocketed under George Bush.

Well, we will never know what he (Gore) would have done. I'm more skeptikal of Gore today than I was in 2000, that's for sure.

I just don't know. We're probably MUCH better off not having either one of them as president.

We need someone new, someone we feel more confident that they are SERIOUS about our problems, and that they UNDERSTAND our problems to begin with.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    wilma1 wrote:

I agree. None of them with the exception of Tancredo and maybe Duncan Hunter care about this country.
    What does "maybe Duncan Hunter" mean? I would submit to you that no presidential candidate is more patriotic and concerned for the well-being of this nation and its citizens than Duncan Hunter.

I'm not denying Tom Tancredo's concern for the well-being of our great country, however, he's definitely not more concerned than Hunter. I firmly believe Hunter is the most patriotic of the lot (Tancredo a close second) and his actions prove it.

Veterans in Nevada to receive visit from Duncan Hunter
    Posted by sierrascrapper on November 6th, 2007

Congressman Duncan Hunter is making another visit to northern Nevada over the Veteran’s Day weekend. Duncan Hunter will arrive in Reno, NV after appearing as the Grand Marshall in the Veteran’s Day Parade in San Diego, CA. Duncan Hunter will be in the Veterans Day Parade in downtown Reno, NV on Sunday November 11, 2007. He is the ONLY candidate to appear in Nevada in honor of our nation’s veterans.
    http://issuesthatmatter.wordpress.com/2 ... an-hunter/

[quote]Duncan Hunter Wasn't too Busy to Support the Troops

by Michelle Oddis — 09-15-2007 @ 06:09 PM Reader Comments (12)

Today, thousands of protestors organized by Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (ANSWER) marched from the White House to the Capitol protesting the War in Iraq.

Rep. Duncan Hunter, Republican presidential candidate made a surprise appearance at the counter demonstration organized by The Gathering of Eagles and Move America Forward.

HUMAN EVENTS asked Rep. Hunter why he thought he was the only presidential candidate that showed up to support The Gathering of Eagles and Move America Forward.

Hunter declined to condemn his fellow candidates for not making an appearance.

“I think all these guys have schedules that are way far in advance so I don’t want to beat up on any of them for not being out here, but I thought it was important to be here so I showed up,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just read in Lou Dobbs most recent book, Independents Day, that internal enforcement (job-site raids etc) were much, much stronger under the Clinton administration than the Bush administration. And illegal immigration has exploded under Bush right along with it. Could be that Bush's comfy relationship with the big businesses that hire illegals was stronger than Clinton's. The 86 law actually had attatched to it, employer sanctions put into law for the first time in American history. Was Clinton enforcing that same law that Gore voted for more so than Bush?

Don't get me wrong. I hate Clinton as much as the next guy. But I think these facts put the lunacy of partisanship into perspective. Partisanship has no relevant place on the issue of illegal immigration. We need a new party if we want one that actually cares about America.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Looking back, I realize that I really wasn't for Gore for the right right reasons. Quite honestly, I don't think I even knew where he stood on issues!!

I just thought he was better than Bush. Plus, I always felt sort of sorry for him having to carry the weight of the Clinton's problems.

Regarding Bill Clinton, at first I sort of liked him, things "seemed" okay in America during his presidency, I thought he handled the Elian Gonzales case right. Living in Miami at the time, it was an eye opener to see how the Cuban community just disregarded the President and Attorney General so blatantly. They were protesting in the streets, even the mayor (a Cuban American) told the President and Attorney General via television that they would NOT assist in cooperating with Federal Officials even though the President and Attorney General were requesting that. THAT was a REAL eye-opener for A LOT of Americans around the country.

MOST Americans, even if they had a vested interest in not following a president or attorney general's request or even if they disagreed.....they would follow their request and then continue to stand up for their position in a different way, and in lawful ways. I was really shocked to see that people could even get away with that.

Okay, but back to Clinton, I felt the the Monica Lewinsky scandal was really between Bill and Hillary, BUT, HOWEVER, since he was POTUS.....well, hey....it does have an effect on us and our children too.
    So, after that, I was very turned off with him as president and started looking more favorably on Al Gore.

But, today, thank God, I know much more about the right way to pick presidents and about what REALLY matters. Thanks to a lot of you, and all that I've learned. Americans need to listen up and do their very best to decifer who the most trust worthy candidates are.

P.S. Although they weren't direct orders to the Mayor of Miami, usually in a difficult situation local officials will cooperate with the Federal Governemt in assisting. It can depend on the issue, but this was a pretty blatant refusal to assist, and it did involve relations with another country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think if Gore were elected, he would be signing up for every "global warming treaty" that came down the pike, regardless of its value or how it effected the country.

Bush/Gore election was like voting for dumb/dumber..

It seems we run up against something like that each election. We end up voting for the lessor of two evils.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

I have an uneasy feeling that there will be a "draft Gore" at the convention
    and we will face Clinton/Gore......again!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123