Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is a warehouse position being offered by a corrupted staffing agency here in Garden Grove. I'm sure you will notice the language requirements! I called these traitors and told them IT'S NOT OK!! This spanish shit has gotten way out of hand !

Warehouse/Packaging
    Status: Temporary/Contract Reference: US_EN_1_025090_8761923
    Salary: $8 - $8 Hourly Posted: March 26,2010

We are in immediate need of people who are available for temporary packaging positions. Positions last for 2-3 days at a time and pay $8/hr. Clean, comfortable, friendly environment.

Must be able to pass a background check.

Spanish speaking only - OK!!!

If you are interested, please call Janelle or Adrianna 714-891-7966 asap!!

Warehouse/Packaging experience a plus!!

Janelle Olivares
    12792 VALLEY VIEW ST
    SUITE J

http://www.adeccousa.com/JobSeekers/...&submenuid=3.0
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthatguy
    Businesses are hring so-called bi-lingual employees but if the truth be known they aren't really bi-lingual. These employees only speak a few words of English. And if you try to talk to them about something the least bit complicated they don't get it and have to call their supervisor or someone else to translate. Bi-lingual means fluent in two languages. Not someone who speaks a few words of broken English. If the truth be known these businesses just want to discriminate against U. S. citizens because most of them only speak English. That why they don't have to pay living wages to their so-called bi-lingual employees or run the risk of being sued for discrimintion. In effect it's another type of illegal alien scam.
    That's true. Sadly, temp agencies are helping fill these positions and assume the risks (what risks, really?) involved in order to get a finder's fee from employers. Craiglist list if full of ads from both private employers and temp agencies looking for Spanish-speaking employees. The last one I just ran into reads like this:

(Accounting Job)
    Job Requirements:
    • Payroll
    • Billing
    • Purchasing
    • Accounts Receivable
    • Accounts Payable
    • Collections
    • Human Resources
    • High school diploma or GED
    • Bilingual in English and Spanish (fluent in both)
    • At least two years of QuickBooks experience
    • Good interpersonal and organization skills
    • Positive customer service skills
    • Self-motivated, focused, and dependable
    • Previous experience using MS Excel and Office
    • Must be a team player
    $12-14 per hour DOE.
    Pretty cheap wages for a person who's fluent in two languages and has accounting skills.
    The point is, by requesting Spanish as an extra qualification, it eliminates lots of people as potential candidates. Americans will have to go back to school to learn Spanish in order to compete with people who speak the language.
    I wonder if many of these temp agencies have illegals as part of their staff and I wonder if they engage in paperwork laundering in order to keep employers off the hook. Just wondering.

Re: California, i don't get it

duh on me. i should've known. i'm beginning to hate California.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by xchange
    i don't get it. isn't cali the state of Celebrity of Hollyweird, the Tech nerds of Silicone and San Diego, the weed smoking hippee of Berkeley? how do these 6 figure and up earners co-exist with illegals who seem to be running California from what our members state?
    They hire them that is why they want them here. They either hire them in their home or their business or both.
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    Businesses are hring so-called bi-lingual employees but if the truth be known they aren't really bi-lingual. These employees only speak a few words of English. And if you try to talk to them about something the least bit complicated they don't get it and have to call their supervisor or someone else to translate. Bi-lingual means fluent in two languages. Not someone who speaks a few words of broken English. If the truth be known these businesses just want to discriminate against U. S. citizens because most of them only speak English. That why they don't have to pay living wages to their so-called bi-lingual employees or run the risk of being sued for discrimintion. In effect it's another type of illegal alien scam.
    That's true. Sadly, temp agencies are helping fill these positions and assume the risks (what risks, really?) involved in order to get a finder's fee from employers. Craiglist list if full of ads from both private employers and temp agencies looking for Spanish-speaking employees. The last one I just ran into reads like this:

(Accounting Job)
    Job Requirements:
    • Payroll
    • Billing
    • Purchasing
    • Accounts Receivable
    • Accounts Payable
    • Collections
    • Human Resources
    • Must be a team player
    $12-14 per hour DOE.
    Pretty cheap wages for a person who's fluent in two languages and has accounting skills.
    The point is, by requesting Spanish as an extra qualification, it eliminates lots of people as potential candidates. Americans will have to go back to school to learn Spanish in order to compete with people who speak the language.
    I wonder if many of these temp agencies have illegals as part of their staff and I wonder if they engage in paperwork laundering in order to keep employers off the hook. Just wondering.
    We would have to learn more than Spanish. I see these types of ads for various languages. And many times they are jobs that have not public contact so there is no reason for the applicant to speak a foreign language. The ads are in English so the owner speaks English. Some of the ads are in broken English, but English none the less.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hm, well I'm half puerto rican and speak fluent spanish just as well as any illegal could, I've put that I speak spanish on all of my job applications but honestly it really hasnt ever been an issue because when I got hired, I never even had to speak it, and during the interviews they seemed more happy about my enthusiastic charmismatic behavior then what my language skills were, never even asked about it. This goes for all interviews Ive ever had, from Wal-mart, to Safeway, to college education requirement jobs. Oh, and about Safeway...they hire illegals, and the sad thing is they treat them literally like slaves and talk down to them like they dont even respect them as a human being so I never understood why they even hire them, its sad and although here illegally they were nice people, and at least dont deserve to be treated like that especially when they are trying to become legal and speak more english than spanish...I dont know what our country has come to really, everyone is so selfish and greedy, blegh.

So anyways back to the topic, and my apologies for such a hunk of text...
    I think fluent spanish need only apply to certain jobs and certain regions, obviously california is bent on hiring spanish speaking employees, out here in colorado its..not very in demand unless youre applying to work somewhere ghetto on the side of town where its common. I think jobs like nursing, business, education, retail and maybe trade-school jobs like medical assisting, and beautician might want you to be bilingual but its not really in demand, i think unless of coarse you live in arizona or cali.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by legalalien

(Accounting Job)
    Job Requirements:
    • Payroll
    • Billing
    • Purchasing
    • Accounts Receivable
    • Accounts Payable
    • Collections
    • Human Resources
    • Must be a team player
    $12-14 per hour DOE.
    We would have to learn more than Spanish. I see these types of ads for various languages. And many times they are jobs that have not public contact so there is no reason for the applicant to speak a foreign language. The ads are in English so the owner speaks English. Some of the ads are in broken English, but English none the less.
    I understand your frusteration and what youre saying about americans having to go back to school, but there are alot of americans, myself included that speak spanish, who grew up with it in the home aswell as english, although I think that shouldnt be a basis for a job hire...It almost feels as if these job ads are being rather discriminatory agaisnt at least 80% of americans and totally disqualifying someone that could have an Ivy League or Harvard education in said position just because they dont speak spanish. Yes, temp places DO hire illegals, left and right. My best friend became unemployed and had to do some temp work and get on unemployement and he told me every single day, he was outbid by illegals at the temp place, and the person who made him fill out the paperwork seemed illegal too, and mind you my friend is an hispanic american...He did get a new job..at costco! Working in the back, and he said they did definetly do E-verify on him almost to the point where he felt uncomfortable lol.

I know quite a many accountants, they are in my family and I tell you, none of them would EVER...work for that wage offered in the ad above, that wouldnt pay for their BMW, and accounting is hard work thats a slap in the face, its almost as if theyre asking for an illegal to respond to the ad, no american citizen educated in business and bookkeeping would work for that, seriously.

I understand your frusteration and what youre saying about americans having to go back to school, but there are alot of americans, myself included that speak spanish, who grew up with it in the home aswell as english, although I think that shouldnt be a basis for a job hire...It almost feels as if these job ads are being rather discriminatory agaisnt at least 80% of americans and totally disqualifying someone that could have an Ivy League or Harvard education in said position just because they dont speak spanish. Yes, temp places DO hire illegals, left and right. My best friend became unemployed and had to do some temp work and get on unemployement and he told me every single day, he was outbid by illegals at the temp place, and the person who made him fill out the paperwork seemed illegal too, and mind you my friend is an hispanic american...He did get a new job..at costco! Working in the back, and he said they did definetly do E-verify on him almost to the point where he felt uncomfortable lol.

I know quite a many accountants, they are in my family and I tell you, none of them would EVER...work for that wage offered in the ad above, that wouldnt pay for their BMW, and accounting is hard work thats a slap in the face, its almost as if theyre asking for an illegal to respond to the ad, no american citizen educated in business and bookkeeping would work for that, seriously.
    Craigslist Help Wanted Ads.

Dental offices are doing it too:

#1 - "We are still looking for just the right person for our West Valley City dental practice. We are looking for a self-motivated, team player who loves people and learns quickly. Bilingual Spanish and at least one year of dental experience are both MUSTS. Please, only apply if you can offer both. Full time. "

#2 -Bilingual (Spanish/ English) Brand Ambassadors (Salt Lake City )

"We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, attractive and outgoing female Brand Ambassadors who are fluent in Spanish and English that are interested in bringing a marketing campaign to life! The ideal person will be very active in the use of Social Media such as FaceBook, Twitter and Youtube. "

Amazing...

Yeah, I'm an American citizen who also speaks (2) other languages fluently and I still think this is sort of discriminatory against MOST single-language Americans looking for work. The reason I say that is because there wouldn't be a need for so much Spanish speaking, if illegal immigration was under control. An exception would be places like Miami which has a large Cuban (legal immigrants and bilingual citizens) population. The increase in the illegal immigrant population has forced businesses to require Spanish so they can monetize on the Hispanic market.

This trend will have exponential growth as more and more businesses that deal directly with the public begin to require Spanish. Notice this particular dental office doesn't even want to consider anyone who is not fluent in Spanish.

Maybe that's just America of the near future: English-Spanish everywhere until this country's identity merges with Mexico's and Central America's.

littleirishgirl, good post. However, I strongly disagree about nurses having to speak two languages. Nursing is a hard job, very hard. Four years of education plus experience and now to be fluently bi-lingual?? Too much!! I had a few experiences with illegal aliens and the hospital had to hire interpreters. The cost of these interpreters was added to the bill, which, of course, taxpayers footed. So, no thanks. You are in our country - you came to us, we did NOT come to you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keekee
    littleirishgirl, good post. However, I strongly disagree about nurses having to speak two languages. Nursing is a hard job, very hard. Four years of education plus experience and now to be fluently bi-lingual?? Too much!! I had a few experiences with illegal aliens and the hospital had to hire interpreters. The cost of these interpreters was added to the bill, which, of course, taxpayers footed. So, no thanks. You are in our country - you came to us, we did NOT come to you!!!
    oh I ment thats where youd see ads wanting bilingual the most, not that it should be needed as a basis for work, nurses are overworked already with the horrid graveyard shifts and its no wonder you see them all on smoking breaks all the time lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123