Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

DREAM ACT ON C-SPAN NOW

I'm watching Durbin now. Get out your barf bag. He's sickening.

According to Durbin, more "undocumented" young men and women have indicated an interest in serving in our military than "legal" citizens. Now, American citizens are less patriotic than illegal aliens. He is despicable!

Aren't they all against war? any war? why then would they want to strenghten the Military? and how would illegals even be trusted to defend the USA when they don't even want to speak the language? sniff! sniff!... a m n e s t y ..

Yep......and McCain spent about an hour doing the warm up by reminding everyone how vital funding for our troops and care for our vets is and that they need to need to quickly move through the ammendments without getting bogged down in political differences. Blah, blah, blah, barf, barf, barf.

Did anyone happen to catch Durbin insulting our troops' intelligence and implying that the majority of them have criminal records?

I'm pissed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="fedupDeb"]According to Durbin, more "undocumented" young men and women have indicated an interest in serving in our military than "legal" citizens. Now, American citizens are less patriotic than illegal aliens. He is despicable![/quote

So, you caught that one too Deb? I believe it was right after he stated that "historically, more Hispanic males were likely to enlist than other American males".

My husband's jaw almost fell off. He's Hispanic, served for 20 years, and said "I don't know what planet that's on, but in all my years in, I can tell you....we Hispanics were the minority"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    According to Durbin, more "undocumented" young men and women have indicated an interest in serving in our military than "legal" citizens. Now, American citizens are less patriotic than illegal aliens. He is despicable![/quote

So, you caught that one too Deb? I believe it was right after he stated that "historically, more Hispanic males were likely to enlist than other American males".

My husband's jaw almost fell off. He's Hispanic, served for 20 years, and said "I don't know what planet that's on, but in all my years in, I can tell you....we Hispanics were the minority"
    He really made my blood boil. I'm fired up even more now than ever to defeat this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    According to Durbin, more "undocumented" young men and women have indicated an interest in serving in our military than "legal" citizens. Now, American citizens are less patriotic than illegal aliens. He is despicable![/quote

He really made my blood boil. I'm fired up even more now than ever to defeat this crap.

You too? I was so angry my husband said he wouldn't have been surprised to see fire come out of my eyes and vaporize the tv.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expected him to gush on and on about how badly these kids from povertystricken families needed opportunities. What I didn't expect......and I'm sure no one else did either....was an attack on the intelligence and moral character of our military personnel Was it necessary for him to go that route? He obviously doesn't have one ounce of integrity if he could stoop that low

It really was a very cheap shot and I agree, it's going to make us more determined to fight off this crap, and those not in agreement with this to begin with are going to agree even less now.

Who knows, the callousness of his remarks just may well have lost him support. It's one thing to play up the attributes and sob stories concerning the illegals he's advocating for. On the other hand, to so demean the troops serving now is quite a different story. He may have gone too far.

azwreath you are absolutely right! Obviously, this amendment lacks merit. Otherwise, he wouldn't have to demean Americans to justify his stance. He epitomizes traitorous behavior.

azwreath you are absolutely right! Obviously, this amendment lacks merit. Otherwise, he wouldn't have to demean Americans to justify his stance. He epitomizes traitorous behavior.
    This amendment is SO PATHETIC that it would not stand a snowball's chance in H*** if it were a STAND-ALONE AMENDMENT. It would not be passed! That is why Durbin has attached it to the coattails of the DOD bill. ASK DURBIN. Ask him why he attached this to the DOD bill. Ask him why, if the DREAM Act was such a fabulous idea, he did not introduce it as a stand-alone bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast