Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DURBIN TAKES NEW STEPS TO PASS THE DREAM ACT!

FAIR ACTION ALERT

SENATOR DURBIN TAKES NEW STEPS TO PASS THE DREAM ACT!
    ACT NOW TO STOP IT!

Your phone calls are working!!!! Senate staffers are reporting that their offices are being inundated with thousands and thousands of calls opposed to the DREAM Act. We are also seeing an increasing number of Senators who oppose the DREAM Act and the attempt to pass the Bush-Kennedy Amnesty Bill piece by piece. This is great news!

BUT OUR FIGHT IS FAR FROM OVER!!!! Seeing the mounting opposition, Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) has redrafted his DREAM Act amendment in an attempt to win over more supporters. Senator Durbin, along with Senators Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and Dick Lugar (R-IN), intend to offer this new amendment to the Department of Defense Authorization Bill (H.R.1585) that is being debated on the floor right now.

PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATORS TODAY to put an end to the "DREAM Act."

Senator Durbin's new amendment (S.A.2919) is still NOTHING MORE THAN AN AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS. And don't forget that illegal aliens who get green cards under the DREAM Act will be able to petition Homeland Security in the future to grant their parents and relatives legal status too. The new amendment shows we are winning. Senator Durbin has retrenched and eliminated the section allowing states to grant in-state tuition. Senator Durbin also put an age limit of 30 into the bill. However, there is still a section that allows for RETROACTIVE BENEFITS that is not affected by the age limit. In short, this means that even under the new language, an illegal alien of any age with two years of college or service can still get a green card (LPR status).

Now is the time to act! Senator Durbin may bring the DREAM Act amendment to the Senate the floor AT ANY TIME!!!! Please call your Senators RIGHT NOW and urge them to reject the DREAM Act. Tell them a vote for the DREAM Act is a vote for amnesty and only rewards illegal alien parents with exactly what they wanted-legal status for their children. Moreover, tell your Senators that when you told them you opposed the Bush-Kennedy Amnesty Bill, YOU MEANT IT and are upset they are trying to sneak provisions of it past the American people. Let them know that we are watching how they vote.

There is no time to waste! The opposition is counting on us sitting on the sidelines while they work behind the scenes to pass their amnesty agenda piece by piece.

Listen to FAIR president Dan Stein's latest podcast about DREAM Act developments with FAIR government relations director Julie Kirchner:
    Last edited by Jean; 08-17-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let this be motivation to call tonight, and through tomorrow!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

good post Zeezil...thank you...I will begin calling soon...going to break for a few
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

ah...what are these RETROACTIVE BENEFITS ??????????
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

We are going to have to rise to the occasion and call all night. The faint at heart should get out of the kitchen NOW cause it's gonna get HOT in here!

Banned
    !!! END THE DREAM ACT !!!

American schools are for students with parents that played by the rules !!!

Keep our Homeland Secure by enforcing the laws and removing the criminals !!!
    Show the criminals supporters the door...

Yes, thanks for the great information, zeezil. I live in Illinois, so Durbin is my senator. I love calling his office on a regular basis to voice my disapproval on nearly everything he does. You just gave me more ammunition. Can you even believe this guy?
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Yes, thanks for the great information, zeezil. I live in Illinois, so Durbin is my senator. I love calling his office on a regular basis to voice my disapproval on nearly everything he does. You just gave me more ammunition. Can you even believe this guy?
    Alas, he is my senator as well. I'm calling him just to voice my disapproval -but then hittin' the other senators we need to convince of course.

Yes, this is encouraging -the senators would be fools to vote yes for this.

Hey Disallusioned and Fedup, isn't our Senator just a work of art?! I'll be calling also!! This guy just doesn't quit does he? That's alright though, if he thinks he can wear us down, he's got another thing coming!! Let's HIT THOSE PHONES!!!
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

That's alright though, if he thinks he can wear us down, he's got another thing coming!! Let's HIT THOSE PHONES!!!
    That's the spirit!!!

Drive them CRAZY. the way they drive us CRAZY!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast