Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

E-mail "The Hotline" about Tancredo write-in votes

I attended the Southern Republican Leadership Conference (SRLC) and wrote in the name of Tom Tancredo in the presidential preference straw poll. I am certain that others also wrote in his name. Please e-mail "The Hotline" and ask why Cong. Tancredo's write-in votes have not been mentioned by "The Hotline". The e-mail address for "The Hotline" is hotmail@nationaljournal.com.

Thanks.

March 11, 2006
    SRLC Straw Poll: Frist Wins; Romney Second

After five hours of voting and with more than 1,400 ballots cast, The Hotline SRLC Straw Poll has come to a close with a tremendous turnout. Sen. Bill Frist (TN) led the pack with nearly 37% of the vote, followed by MA Gov. Mitt Romney with 14%. Sen. George Allen (VA) was tied for third place with Pres. Bush (10%), despite Bush being a write-in candidate.

Hotline Straw Poll Unofficial Results
    Candidate Raw %age
    Bill Frist 526 36.9%
    Mitt Romney 205 14.4
    George Allen 147 10.3
    Pres. Bush (write in) 147 10.3
    John McCain 66 4.6
    Mike Huckabee 54 3.8
    Write In (Not GB/CR) 43 3.0
    George Pataki 38 2.7
    Condi Rice (write in) 32 2.2
    Sam Brownback 22 1.5
    Rudy Giuliani 15 1.1
    Newt Gingrich 13 0.9
    Chuck Hagel 3 0.2

2nd Choices Of Frist Voters (%age Only)
    George Allen 18.4%
    Mitt Romney 12.0
    Rudy Giuliani 12.0
    John McCain 10.6
    Pres. Bush (write in) 7.0
    Mike Huckabee 4.0
    Newt Gingrich 3.4
    Sam Brownback 2.7
    Condi Rice (write in) 2.1
    Chuck Hagel 1.0
    George Pataki 0.8
    None 24.1
    Other 3.0

Some notable info from the unofficial results:
    Total ballots cast now: 1427
    Total non-spoiled ballots cast: 1311
    Total ballots cast in '98: 858
    Spoiled ballots 116 (8.1%)
    Total TN voters: 742 (52%)
    Number of Frist's votes outside TN: 97
    Percent of Frist's votes from TN: 82%
    # Of TN voters who did not choose Frist first: 313 (42%)

Here is what I asked them in my e-mail. Thank you for providing the e-mail address. I know, I told a white lie but I do Sort OF know people who attended. I know who all those bozos are whose names are on the list! That must count.

If I don't get an answer in a few days, I'll ask someone like Lou Dobbs if he can find out why.

I know people who attended the Southern Republican Leadership Conference (SRLC) and wrote in the name of Tom Tancredo in the presidential preference straw poll. I would like to know why those votes were not recorded. Unless this is rectified as a matter of public record, I will be sure to ask key media personnel to start asking why.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo write-in votes

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Here is what I asked them in my e-mail. Thank you for providing the e-mail address. I know, I told a white lie but I do Sort OF know people who attended. I know who all those bozos are whose names are on the list! That must count.

If I don't get an answer in a few days, I'll ask someone like Lou Dobbs if he can find out why.

I know people who attended the Southern Republican Leadership Conference (SRLC) and wrote in the name of Tom Tancredo in the presidential preference straw poll. I would like to know why those votes were not recorded. Unless this is rectified as a matter of public record, I will be sure to ask key media personnel to start asking why.
    I voted and actually photographed my ballot prior to placing it in the box. I've got proof that I voted for Cong. Tancredo.

Let's see if any of those geniuses have any answers. And if it comes down to it. send your photographed write in to Lou Dobbs, to someone. This can't be allowed to happen. That means that if we write in votes for people on election day they won't be counted, either. I guess if ten thousand people vote and nine thousand of them write in votes, only one thousand votes will be counted. What the hell kind of democracy is that?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo write-in votes

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Let's see if any of those geniuses have any answers. And if it comes down to it. send your photographed write in to Lou Dobbs, to someone. This can't be allowed to happen. That means that if we write in votes for people on election day they won't be counted, either. I guess if ten thousand people vote and nine thousand of them write in votes, only one thousand votes will be counted. What the hell kind of democracy is that?
    I used a disposable digital camera to take the picture of ballot. I need to get it developed this week.

Thanks for your suggestion.

No problem, tancredofan.

I think that this stuff needs to be addressed NOW, before the day comes when people write in votes in the REAL election that don't get counted.

I haven't received a reply to my message yet but I'll give them a few days, since this is the week end.