Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Economic collapse w/out illegals?

Are you as sick and tired as I am of hearing that our whole economy would collapse without illegals doing the, "jobs Americans won't do?" I'm so sick and tired of hearing that same old crap argument that the pro-illegal crowd always drags out from under a rock!

Have there been any economic studies that show what the effect, short-term and long-term, would be on the American economy if the supply of illegals dried up? Intuition, logic, and common sense would indicate that there would be some negative effects short-term, but long-term everyone (Mexicans AND Americans) would be better off. It would be nice to have some authoritative data on it to be able to quote.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Well, let's see:

Some say that they pay in 7 billion in social security and taxes with their fake social security numbers that they can never hope to collect. (tough! They shouldn't be working with fraudulent documents!)

And some say that it costs us about 40 billion a year to send their kids to school, pay the medical bills they skip out on, and feed their starving young because a guy who makes five bucks an hour just can't seem to support a wife and five or six kids yet nobody seems to take advantage of the free birth control we would also be happy to give them for free.

I'd say that the economy would probably be on the upswing after the cost of deporting at least twenty million of them was absorbed. And if we hit up the people who employ them illegally to the tune of at least five grand for each illegal employee, that should offset some of that money as well.

Then there are those vacated jobs that the Americans supposedly "won't do."

I figure maybe if Americans are OFFERED the jobs they just might do them. For example, I'd have gone to work for Wal Mart several years ago when I was looking for a part time job if they hadn't told me they couldn't hire me because I don't speak Spanish then turned around and hired people the next day who didn't speak ENGLISH! I'd have worked in many an office where I've applied in the past if they hadn't told me that I must speak Spanish in my own country in order to work for those companies. Why is that?

I'm lpretty much under the impression that there are all kinds of people who are Americans, who WILL do a whole bunch of those jobs if the discriminatory practices are put to an end. That would be another bonus for the economy when people with legitimate social security numbers are paying legitimate taxes.

And, of course, if there are actually jobs Americans won't do, there are plenty of legal "guest workers" anxious to do those jobs. All we would have to do is keep track of them so that they don't multiply like rabbits and take over everything while they are here, refuse to let them send all those US dollars out of the country so their relatives can hire coyotes to bring more, and try making workers in America be required to speak English for a change.

I'd sure like to test out the theory. Do you think we will ever get a chance?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I was just wondering if there were any "official" economic studies done that could put the lie once and for all to their bogus idiotic argument.

Perhaps the effect of the wage-lowering illegals suddenly not being in the labor pool would be even less than one would immediately think. But then again, the items produced by the lack of their slave labor would increase in price. I'm no economist, so I don't know the answers. It would be nice if some organization would do an impartial economic study to figure out what would happen to the economy if the illegal alien portion of the labor pool dried up and they had to hire real, legal American citizens to do the "jobs Americans won't do."

As you said, it seems there are some things that would have negative effects on the economy and other things that would have positive effects on the economy.

It's just that I'm SO sick and tired of hearing the argument that we need the cursed, infernal illegals and that if we didn't have them, our economy would collapse.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

The pro-illegal supporters claim illegals increase economic output by $100 billion. In an $11 trillion economy, that is less than 1% of economic output! A pretty piss poor showing for a group that makes up 7% of the workforce!

Out of that $100 billion, average American citizens get nothing, it all goes to the illegals and busines owners. Instead we get a $100 billion bill for higher taxes and medical costs.

If all illegals were deported over 1 year, we would be better off. Lower housing costs, better medical care for less money, less traffic congestion, and higher wages. We might have to pay more for for some food items and restraunt meals, but this would only be about 10% of the gains mentioned above.

There really wouldn't be any costs to deport them. They would deport themselves, once they figured out that there were no jobs and no social program freebies. All we have to do is enforce the laws we already have. As for economic impact, don't forget that they send $32 BILLION out of this country every year, back to their home countries.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Wow, thank you all very much for your answers to my question! Those are some excellent points that I will need to keep in mind the next time I hear them spewing their garbage.

So, just like with all the other pro-illegal crowd's arguments, that one is full of dung as well. Thank you for clearing that up for me, I really appreciate it.

I was actually starting to give some validity to that economic argument of theirs. What was I thinking? (slaps forehead with palm of right hand)

A moment of weakness, I guess.

They would deport themselves, once they figured out that there were no jobs and no social program freebies.
    Personally, I disagree with this statement. I think that unless someone actually puts them into a bus and drives them across the border and puts them off the bus, they are too lazy to go home. They will just camp out in our parks or something then go around begging on the street corners.

Their own country doesn't want them or they wouldn't be printing up comic books telling them all the blessings that will be bestowed upon them if they disappear into the system and get fake documents in the US.

But that is just my opionion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Personally, I disagree with this statement. I think that unless someone actually puts them into a bus and drives them across the border and puts them off the bus, they are too lazy to go home. They will just camp out in our parks or something then go around begging on the street corners.
    If they're coming here because they're hard working people, who just want to better themselves (so they claim), then once they figure out that the gravy train is gone, they will go back to their home countries. Sure, there will be some who will try to hang on, but it won't be many compared to the millions who are here now.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I was just wondering if there were any "official" economic studies done that could put the lie once and for all to their bogus idiotic argument.
    Like illegal alien supporters really care about the facts.

If all illegals were deported over 1 year, we would be better off. Lower housing costs, better medical care for less money, less traffic congestion, and higher wages. We might have to pay more for for some food items and restraunt meals, but this would only be about 10% of the gains mentioned above.
    I'm sick of paying for all of this crap. I had to pay 307k for a small town home in N. VA. A freaking town home. A town home that really isn't worth 1/7th of what I paid for it. That was just to live in a decent neighborhood.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have read an official government report on the costs of illegal aliens and it is costing us money, not making us money. I think it was a report by the GAO (General Accounting Office). You might do a search for GAO, illegal aliens, report, costs; and I bet you'd find it.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast