Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nick seems to be on the other side of the fence.

You know Nick, I have a good friend who was going to college and needed a job with flexible hours and prefferrably at night. So he tried to get on as a cook at the local IHOP. Unfortunatley for him, 5 Mexican illegals were already working as cooks there, so they wouldn't hire him. Do you think those 5 cooks are paying any income taxes? NO. And they all live together in one house with some other illegals. And guess what they do with the "cash" they earn from IHOP? Well, #1) goes towards booze and food, #2) lot of it gets sent back home to MExico.

I'm sure they drink a lot of booze, but whatever tax they might pay on it would not come close to covering the pay roll taxes that should've been collected on them + the taxes they are avoiding themselves on income tax. Never the less, my American friend couldn't get a job b/c a bunch of illegals had it already and the employer is avoiding paying taxes on them.

I guess not all jobs illegals have are milking cows and harvesting crops, so kind of trumps your stupid post.

I judge Nick's reply to be a troll by a pro-illegal immigration person.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

some of the studies out there have shown that while wages for unskilled jobs have decreased around 5-6%, the actual price of the products they are selling have only went down 0.02 - 0.2% (something like that, can't remember exactly off the top of my head).

I'm sure everyone here has also heard the ridiculous claim that if we cut illegals out of the workforce, lettuce will cost $8 per head. Studies done by economists at Iowa State University have shown that is false. They said in the short term, the price of lettuce would rise I believe 6%, and in the long term it would only rise about 2 or 3%.

Here's a good way to think about this whole situation. The wages in meatpacking plants have gone down tremendously since the 1970's. Now...do any of you older guys and gals pay less for a pound of beef than you did back then. I didn't think so.

The fact is, wages make up such a small part of the total costs of many of these products that replacing illegals with actual citizens wouldn't hurt our economy like many think. Plus, they wouldn't be sending billions back to Mexico either.

EDIT:

I almost forgot. Someone was mentioning social services or something. Illegals suck money out of those like crazy. The average mexican immigrant uses, in their his lifetime, something like $55,200 more in social services than he pays in taxes. Multiply that by the 20 million that are here and you'll see how bad it really is.

Now...do any of you older guys and gals pay less for a pound of beef than you did back then. I didn't think so.

Actually blueman, you are correct. The price of meat continues to grow!

Thanks blueman, it's good to see some of you young pups getting involved in this extremely important issue too, since you guys are going to have to try and live in this nightmare world that is being created by runaway immigration.

I too had heard that the labor cost of the products that illegal alien labor produces is only around 10%, but I was seeking more hard numbers.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

if you guys want some good info on this, check out the center for immigration studies' website. They have a ton of studies on this issue. I've been printing them off to prepare for some stuff I'll be doing soon and I've found them quite helpful. J.D. Hayworth's book "Whatever It Takes" also has a good section on the topic.

It'd be much cheaper to pay the few cents more for goods than support 20,000,000 illegal aliens who contribute so little to the system.

As for all the jobs being creating because of illegals, the only jobs I see them creating are more police, more Border Patrol, more DDS employees, more Health Department employees, more ESL teachers, more jobs in courts, more interrupters, more construction of schools, more ER employees, and heaven forbid- MORE ILLEGAL ALIEN ADVOCATES.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    PEOPLE, JUST START A GARDEN!! Man it's simple. It only takes a few big containers on your decks or patios, and the issue of expensive lettuce and tomatoes is gone!!
    NICK MY BOY, AS FOR THOSE JOBS NO AMERICAN WILL DO, BULL!!!!!!! ALL OF MY FAMILY HAVE DONE THESE JOBS, UP UNTIL MY GENERATION. PICKING APPLES IN HOOD RIVER AND WENATCHEE, HARVESTING POTATOES IN IDAHO, PICKING GREEN BEANS, BERRIES (I DID THIS ALL THROUGH MY CHILDHOOD, EVERY SUMMER), CHERRIES, ETC.... MOST OF THIS IS NOW DONE BY MACHINES THOUGH, THERE IS STILL SOME PRODUCE THAT CANNOT BE DONE BY MACHINE, BUT IT IS LITTLE COMPARED TO HOW MUCH IS. MY PATERNAL ANCESTORS CAME FROM ILLINOIS, TO TEXAS TO OREGON, TO WASHINGTON, ALL THE WHILE THEY WERE MIGRANT FARM WORKERS AND OTHER ODD JOBS ON THE SIDE.
    WE WERE ALWAYS TAUGHT YOU ARE ABOVE NO JOB. IF I COULD GO TO THE BERRY FIELDS AGAIN, SAFELY THAT IS, WITH MY KIDS ON THE SUMMERTIME TO EARN EXTRA MONEY, I WOULD. AS IT IS NOW, WHEN PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF GO OUT THERE, THEY ARE HARASSED AS APPARENTLY THE ILLEGALS DO NOT WANT US OUT THERE, PROVING THAT ONLY THEY WILL DO THESE JOBS.
    I also live among them, and see daily that they do use and get state assistance for their anchor babies, which are many. Using WIC for expensive formulas, the state benefits card, cash and foodstamps, and always in line at our local Salvation Army family services getting their weekly free produce and such.
    Then there is the education cost's, the energy assistance programs they also tap into, rental assistance that is available. Nick, they use more taxpayer dollars than they ever put into it all. On top of this, I live in Oregon, so their spending at K-Mart and WalMart matters little, as we have no sales tax, any money they spend here is out the window to another state as most of these big discount stores they frequently are owned by out of state companies, no benefit to my state.
    Nick, you need to wake up and live among them for a while. Look at the decayed inner city neighborhoods they inhabit. Once nice blue collar neighborhhods have changed to ghettos that are filled to capacity with run-down apartments and other rentals, with illegals. Thsy bring with them a mentallity that turns a blind eye to gangs and theft and drugs as a means to make extra cash by.
    Sure there are plenty of nice folks out there who are here illegally, but that's just it, they are here illegally and that alone is wrong, it is breaking the law.
    You cannot try to excuse away breaking the law. If I went out right now and broke into someones home, took what I wanted, I would be in trouble, it's a given. So why then should we not hold these lawbreakers to that same standard that I would be held to? We cannot live in a society that has a double standard, laws for the citizens and no laws for the illegal aliens who have already broken the law.
    As for our economy, if we have to pay higher prices to support this new way of life without illegal workers, then I personally think it will be a bonus to us in the long run, then we are supporting America, not Mexico. We also need to bring down our standards of consumerism just a tad, and then we will all be alright. We are just addicted to lots of stuff at cheap prices. We need to change our thinking.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually blueman, you are correct. The price of meat continues to grow!
    And so does the price of vegetables. Now that all those things that people wouldn't even THINK of eating twenty years ago have became "health food" the price escalated as if vegetables were pharmeceuticals!

Canned goods we used to get five or six for a dollar are now a buch each and the quality has diminished because the canning factories are in some other country where there are apparently no qualitiy standards and I cringe to think about the sanitation standards.

On top of that, we get to support the cheap immigrant labor that harvest it. What kind of deal is that?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123