Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I sent an email to Newt and asked if he was going to go after the chairmanship of the RNC. I mentioned Alipac, told him we had several thousand members, and asked how we could lobby for him. Who to contact. It would be nice if others would email him (encouragement).

Gingrich: I'm Ready to Serve as GOP Chairman

Sunday, November 9, 2008 8:17 PM

Newt Gingrich says he's ready, willing and able to serve as chairman of the Republican National Committee.

“If a majority of the RNC thought he was needed, he would accept that appointment,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think the primary qualification for chairing the RNC is fundraising. That's how Howard Dean got his DNC spot.

I suppose I cold settle for Newt. Is he anti-illegal immigration? I am afraid I wasn't in the battle back in Newt's day.

He has come out against the First Amendment, sided with Hillary on health care, and supported Pelosi on global warming.

Wow. Our party really sucks.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Gingrich took a stand against the illegal invasion, but he teamed up with Clinton to push for the passage of NAFTA. He also helped Clinton engineer the "Mexican Peso Bailout", that was really a bailout of Wall Street investment bankers. Congress turned down Clinton's request for $50 billion for the bailout, so Gingrich showed him how to raid a fund set up to stabilize the dollar, in rought times, and that's where Clinton got the $50 billion for the bailout.

Gingrich went soft on some things during his time as Speaker of the House, and there is at least speculation, that was largely due to the Dems finding out he was haveing an extramarital affair, and blackmailing him with it.

The so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" that was part of Clinton's 1994 Omnibus Crime Bill, was dead in the water, without enough votes to pass it, but Gingrich twisted the arms of 40 some odd Republican congressmen, to vote for the crime bill, with the gun ban in it, using the rationale the Republicans would look soft on crime, if they didn't vote for it. The semi-auto ban would have gone down to defeat, if not for Gingrich.

Gingrich has also jumped on the "Global Warming" bandwagon, along with the Democrats and John McCain. Newt is a Globalist, to the bone.

I could go for Senator Jeff Sessions or Senator David Vitter.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Newt Gingrich would be my first selection. Also like Bobby Jinda
    I tend to agree with POTUS about Gingrich straying too far from the conservative path on too many key issues. However, he was the strategist for the 1994 GOP takeover of Congress. I still think the Contract with America was dead on, but the GOP abandoned it. I also believe it was the GOP elitists who were out to submarine Newt, along with the Democrats. Look at the result....the elitists have controlled the GOP for at least the last 8 years, if not longer.

I can support Newt as the head of the RNC . If he lays out a solid conservative strategy, I believe fund raising will take care of itself, and conservative Republican candidates will have numerous opportunities to win back seats in both houses. This will be necessary if we hope to thwart the open border lobby agenda.

As for Bobby Jindal, he is sharp. But he has a full plate in Louisiana right now. If he is successful there (and I think he will be), he would be in my top 5 choices for the 2012 POTUS nomination.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

There are several people I could support as RNC Chairman. Virgil Goode would be one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqyFWmLsa6w

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123