Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Electing a new RNC Chairman: Our most vital mission now

Now that the carnage is before I can see our next mission so clearly. We must do everything in our power to get a true conservative in charge of the Republican National Committee. I am not sure when the time of this decision takes place but I know we must act quickly. This person will be the face of the Republican party and the man who will decide what issues will be important to the party. He/she will also decide where the money will go to help local candidates out etc.

Does anyone know how we can influence this? I honestly believe it is our most important task right now. Remember how much damage Mel Martinez did when he was in charge? What if they make Lindsey Graham the next RNC chariman? God, that would destroy us for a generation.

After their own carnage of 2004 the democrats elected Howard Dean as their Democratic National Committe Chariman. He was a true liberal who advanced their agenda with huge victories in 06 and now in 08.

We need an anti-illegal crusader in charge of the RNC. Im no expert on this but Im hoping you ALIPACer's can lead the way. Who should we call? Is it our congressmen or is it delegates who vote on this or what?

We need to hop on this quickly. It will mean our future success or failure.

I WOULDN'T MIND GLENN BECK!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Im not sure what the criteria is or who decides. I thought I heard the President histrocially has the most influence in this but with Bush mostly disgraced and McCain failing badly, I think it will be a free for all.

The question is who should it be and how can we influence the decision?

I dont think Glenn Beck would take the paycut by the way, lol

It says the current Chairman was elected in Jan 07, how long do they serve?

I wouldn't mind Chris Kobach - he was the one that helped write the great new party platform at the Republican Convention at the end of Aug.

Mike Duncan
    Chairman, Republican National Committee
    Robert M. (Mike) Duncan, a 30-year political strategist and veteran of Republican politics, was elected as the 60th Chairman of the Republican National Committee in January 2007.

Duncan has worked for and advised Republican candidates and parties at the local, state and national level his entire adult life. He has held a wide variety of positions at the RNC, most recently as General Counsel and before that, Treasurer. During his career, he has served on the campaigns of five Presidents, including Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush. He has been a delegate to six Republican National Conventions and is one of the few persons ever to serve on four standing convention committees.

Chairman Duncan’s service has extended to the federal government. In 1989-90, during a sabbatical from his banking career, he worked in the George H. W. Bush White House as assistant Director of Public Liaison. President George W. Bush appointed him to the President’s Commission on White House Fellows in 2001 and nominated him to the Tennessee Valley Authority Board, a position to which he was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate in March 2006.

Duncan has been equally active in his home state of Kentucky, where he helped in the successful campaign to win back Kentucky’s statehouse for the first time in 36 years. In 1998 he took a leave of absence from his business and chaired Jim Bunning’s successful U.S. Senate race. In addition Duncan is a long-time supporter and fundraiser for Senator Mitch McConnell.

A civic capitalist, Chairman Duncan is active in numerous professional and nonprofit organizations. He served as board chairman of a state university and a private college. He is a Trustee of the Christian Appalachian Project, the 15th largest private social services agency in America. His public service has been recognized with several distinctions, including honorary degrees from the College of the Ozarks, Cumberland College, and Morehead State University. His student-mentoring program, in its 28th year, has been featured on CBS Sunday Morning and in The Los Angeles Times.

The Duncan family is the principal owner of two community banks with five offices in eastern Kentucky. Chairman Duncan has served as President of the Kentucky Bankers Association and as a Director of the Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank Cincinnati Branch.

Mike Duncan and his wife Joanne are 1974 graduates of the University of Kentucky College of Law. They live in Inez, Kentucky and have one son, Rob, an Assistant United States Attorney in Lexington, Kentucky, who is married to Valerie Ridder of Springfield, Missouri.

True Texan, I did a web search as a result of your thread, and came across this - The RNC Chair Fight Begins: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix ... v=rss_blog

Maybe the author of this piece can shed some light on how the average citizen can make their voice heard on the selection. Here's his e-mail address: chris.cillizza@washingtonpost.com

Speaking of a Duncan, what about Duncan Hunter (the father), unless he is, as I read, perhaps planning to run for Governor of California now that he has retired from the House? Hunter has been a true Conservative throughout his career.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please take some of your time to call or email Mike Duncan, the current RNC chair. He is totally clueless and should hear from those who want a different leadership with different ideas. Call your state party RNC. I did just that.

I also called Congressman Dana Rohrbacher to express my support for a complete change in Republican leadership. I called John Boehner, Senator Lamar Alexander, who hold key leadership positions as well.

Spend some time telling the GOP that they have lost their way and that they need to kick the sellouts out.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks POTUS. It says "The new chairman will be picked at the RNC's Winter Meeting in January 2009 by 168 national committeemen and women. "

How do we influence these committeemen? We have to keep them from appointing another "moderate" who will bend over to placate the liberals.

What about this guy? Any info on him? What are his views on Lindsey Graham?

Katon Dawson: Dawson, the high profile chairman of the South Carolina Republican Party, has been the most clear about his intention to seek the RNC chairmanship. To that end, he organized a meeting in Myrtle Beach later this month designed to bring together Republican leaders to discuss the future of the party. Strength: Dawson is extremely aggressive, well liked by conservatives and a regular presence on national cable programs already. Weakness: South Carolina is not exactly a swing state.

I nominate Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisana. That guy is SHARP.

What about Mike Huckabee??? He is outgoing, energetic, experienced, a Washington outsider, a hard worker and a great speaker and quick on his feet....and knows a lot of people!! He stayed active after he dropped out of the campaign and wants to stay politcally involved. Time spent on the RNC could possibly be an intermission for his running again in four years. And he can provide his own entertainment!!!! His immigration reform stand has been questionable....but I believe he could be convinced otherwise with some heavy encouragement from Americans...and maybe a serious conversation with Kris Kobach!!

How about Mitt Romney or Rudy Giuliani??? Romney would support the border issues. Giuliani might be too sympathetic and questionable on some of the issues.

How about any of the Congressmen/women who lost (or didn't win) their House/Senate seats??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast