Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I emailed them my opinion, which isn't very nice.

Heck, I emailed them all. Spread the word wide and far that we disapprove of their views. If I had naverettes moms email I'd mail her too.

Johnny
    <div class="entry-content">
    <div class="snap_preview">&ldquo;To the German Commander, Nuts! A.C. McAuliffe, Commanding.&rdquo;
    General A.C. McAuliffe
    </div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Hey TexasCowgirl and all others...

Thanks for the info and assistance. Yeah, I know Ruben won't change his ways all on his own. But, please do read on:

The last time a national media person pissed me off in a similar manner happened about 4 years ago. I heard a rather defamatory and outrageous remark made by a commentator on a nationally-syndicated cable TV program. That same program still is in operation today. After this person made the comment, I wrote to the parent company and to a lobbying/public interest group - making them aware of the egregious comment (they had a direct interest in monitoring and educating on the subject comment in question). Anyway, shortly thereafter, that person was no longer seen in any association with the media outlet - not as a reporter/commentator/writer, etc - anything - she dropped off the face of the earth as much as I could see for about the last 4 years or so. It wasn't until about 3 or 4 nights ago that I had seen this same person reappear on national TV - albeit much changed, and having a very different attitude.

So, using the above as an example, let us not try to change this situation by relying simply on our own efforts. Instead let me combine some unfavorable publicity with the assistance of a major lobbying group in DC to help Mr. Navarrette see the 'error of his ways'.
    Sounds good but first you should look up his other editorials. This one is tame compared to some of the others I have read. I'm sure he's crossed the line at least a dozen times.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

First off, let me just say that I've been reading this discussion group for awhile and while I basically agree with a lot of things I've read, I really don't agree with this thread just for the reason that it seems everyone here wants to silence Navarette.

Why are you trying to silence him? Isn't that what's amazing about this country? The fact that you can chose what to read and what not to read? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't necessarily mean you must try to quiet them or shun them from society. Not everyone [shocker!] thinks like us.

Let Navarette wallow in his ignorance. Its not our job to babysit everyone

hell i called the San diego news paper and got his voice mail and left my name and number and said i find it funny that your calling cities and towns as being vigilantes when based on the laws of the US they can make and enforce laws as they see fit. i quoted some other stuff from the commentary and told him that i guess he can only understand the hispanic side of the argument and not the american side. and that freedom of speech might give him the right to say what he wants, it also gives me the right to call or email him and say something totally opposite of his opinion.i also said that if you ask most people, they wont have a problem with LEGAL IMMIGRATION its ILLEGALS that the people have a problem with

Quote Originally Posted by iamtired23
    First off, let me just say that I've been reading this discussion group for awhile and while I basically agree with a lot of things I've read, I really don't agree with this thread just for the reason that it seems everyone here wants to silence Navarette.

Why are you trying to silence him? Isn't that what's amazing about this country? The fact that you can chose what to read and what not to read? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't necessarily mean you must try to quiet them or shun them from society. Not everyone [shocker!] thinks like us.

Let Navarette wallow in his ignorance. Its not our job to babysit everyone

Actually, my original post is just to complain to cnn.com about having his filth on the home page of their website. He is not "news" or "relevant" he is a racist OBL anti-american posting his opinion. That does NOT have anyplace on a reputable news website.

And you know what? If he does get "silenced" he will definately deserve it. This last article is just the tip of the iceberg with this guy and there seems to be NO ACCOUNTABILITY for what the open-borders crowd says or does.

The best of Navarette:

On the border patrol agents, he calls the twice convicted drug smuggler a "victim".

Because the defendants were once Border Patrol agents, and because the convictions relied on testimony from the victim – a Mexican drug smuggler who got immunity – the prosecutors have become absolutely toxic in the minds of those who think an invasion is under way and that Border Patrol agents are the sentries against the tide.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/op-e ... arret.html

Here's a generalization about us americans:

This will be good for a few chuckles from those Americans who like to feel superior to their little brother to the south. I've never understood the need. So you're threatened by competition, globalization, stagnant wages and job losses. At least you can take comfort in the fact that you're better off than people in a Third World country with a second-rate economy. Big deal.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/op-e ... navar.html

And his flippant opinion on the pizza for pesos

Some uptight Americans are going loco over the peso. In fact, it's a real food fight.

which leads to his dismissal and race baiting of the NAU as he discusses this with U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez.

“The way it's conveyed,” Gutierrez said, “it's almost as though it's communicated in a way that's designed to scare people. 'Look what they're going to do. They're going to eliminate borders. And people will be able to come across.' And you tie that to the immigration concern and xenophobia.”

Now we're getting to what's inside the enchilada. When I pointed out that the concern is never about dissolving our northern border but rather the one between the United States and Mexico, Gutierrez agreed. I asked him what he thought was behind the pizza-for-pesos flap.

“I think that we have been through periods like this before . . . ,” he said, “when a kind of xenophobic nationalism takes place, and we've been able to defeat it and show that these concerns aren't as detrimental as people would like to say. . . .”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/op-e ... navar.html

I e-mailed and told them how dissapointed I was in them, then told them to turn him over to Lou Dobbs he'll take care of the smart a__!!
    Looks like there's another on to deport!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I agree with iamtired, there is the freedom of speech in this country it is a oped/commentary piece on cnn.com, pieces that are allowed on newpapers like is says at the bottom of the piece he writes for a newspaper, which probably has ties to CNN, which would not be surprising with media consolidation. The point is that while many might not agree with his point he has the right to say it just like anyone here has the right to say it can write an oped piece and send it to a local newspaper. Just like bloggers can write and publish on the web. CNN.com is competeing with such bloggers etc. its a huge business and you can gripe about what he is saying because you don't like it, but he has the right to do it. CNN.com does not have the obligation to take it of their website nor should they. Pieces like that help people make decisions about what to believe or what to defend, it infurates people here and may move you to action against illegal immigration it may have the same effect on other people reading it or it may not that is the beauty of the free enterprise that the media is involved in and the freedom of the internet to explore and learn about what is happening in our society. Silencing him is not the answer because that gives people the power to silence you that gives the government, media, big business who ever the power to silence us. That is not the answer...

Yes we can and are griping about it. We have OUR freedom of speech to protest and ask that cnn.com take his column off their site - and off the front page especially.

I'm glad so many activists have participated, and I hope more will chime in.

I don't know who you people are and why all of a sudden you are jumping in on this topic. I doubt that anyone who would defend Ruben Navarette would have parallel views with alipac.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast