Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Embracing Illegals

Just got back from my trip to New York and was catching up with my mail and came across my latest issue of Business Week. Check out the cover story.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz001.htm

Check out the readers comments at the end of the article, you can also leave a comment.
    Michael
    www.politicalarm.org
    Allons!
    CWO-4 Retired
    C Trp/4th Sq/11th ACR
    If not us, then who? If not now, when?

Thanks for the link Michael, I left my comment on supply and demand!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

I see an upside if anyone wants to engage in a mass deomonstration or an action in downtown New York City. The McGraw Hill HQ is in a great location adjoining Madison Square Garden and Penn Station.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I found interesting was the hate mail and phone calls received by some of the businesses. Businesses, communities, governments and individual citizens are all thinking of practical ways to address the problems and challenges that illegal immigration causes. The radical anti-immigration fanatics are turning out to be no more than whining, annoying gnats.

Speaking of the article, if you get a chance catch Lou Dobbs rerun later tonight. He just finished an interview with the author of the Newsweek article I posted about yesterday. But more importantly the segment prior to the interview, Lou had a story about the several million phony social Security numbers being used by illegals.
    Michael
    www.politicalarm.org
    Allons!
    CWO-4 Retired
    C Trp/4th Sq/11th ACR

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    What I found interesting was the hate mail and phone calls received by some of the businesses. Businesses, communities, governments and individual citizens are all thinking of practical ways to address the problems and challenges that illegal immigration causes. The radical anti-immigration fanatics are turning out to be no more than whining, annoying gnats.
    Here is a novel idea about how to deal with the problems illegal immigration brings...

ENFORCE THE LAW.

A fallacy about this article is it attempts to make us feel good about illegals, since they are spending SO MUCH MONEY in our economy.

This does not make me feel one bit good about them being here. They did not bring that money into America.. it is money that would have been in the pockets of Americans, had the illegals not been here. It would have still been spent.. but spent by Americans.

By allowing illegal aliens to remain here, they are overburdening the schools, law enforcement, and medical establishments, all at the cost of higher taxes upon the American worker.. who is at the same time suffering from lowered pay scales due to a surplus of workers who will work for substandard wages.

The interests of Mexican citizens is the business of the Mexican government, not ours. OUR governments duty is to look after OUR interests... and it is not doing that.

For more than two decades, America's illegal aliens have been the target of national attention -- largely for negative reasons. Their growing numbers put downward pressure on U.S. wages and new demands on schools, hospitals, and other public services.
    An admission by the article that illegal immigration DOES precisely these things. It also neglects to point out who is paying for these "new demands".

Fears of heavier social burdens and higher tax bills have led citizens and local officials to object with renewed vigor to what many perceive as an unwanted invasion from Mexico and other countries
    The fears are of that which is REAL, and while SOME may "percieve" it as an unwanted invasion.. lemme clear it up for them... it IS an UNWANTED INVASION.

Yet all the while, farms, hotels, restaurants, small manufacturers, and other employers have continued to hire the undocumented with little regard to the federal laws intended to stop them.
    Prosecute employers to the fullest extent of the law, and deport the criminal invaders.

Allons--
    I saw the Lou Dobbs' segment last night with the author of the book as well as the segment about the phony social security cards. That was just STUNNING. Can you believe that ONE COMPANY had SEVERAL THOUSAND fake social security payments in just ONE YEAR. Now, why are they not releasing the names of those companies that turn in money to Social Security where the Social Security numbers do not match the person???

That is something that I hope Lou Dobbs will push for--exposure of those companies who are doing this so that we could initiate a boycott of every company who is knowingly employing illegals, taking their Social Security payments out of their checks and sending it in to Social Security KNOWING that the numbers don't match the names.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Allons--
    I saw the Lou Dobbs' segment last night with the author of the book as well as the segment about the phony social security cards. That was just STUNNING. Can you believe that ONE COMPANY had SEVERAL THOUSAND fake social security payments in just ONE YEAR. Now, why are they not releasing the names of those companies that turn in money to Social Security where the Social Security numbers do not match the person???

That is something that I hope Lou Dobbs will push for--exposure of those companies who are doing this so that we could initiate a boycott of every company who is knowingly employing illegals, taking their Social Security payments out of their checks and sending it in to Social Security KNOWING that the numbers don't match the names.
    The answer is simple Bootsie, do you remember an article early in June, all the pro illegal alien groups seized on it? If illegals that are paying into the social security system stop paying into that system, the estimate according to the government would be short fall of hundreds of millions of dollars. This is about money, this is what I highlight when I talk to groups around the country, and this is what the Newsweek’s article is all about.

Since I'm Latino, it's easy to talk to the day labors in my area (S.F. Bay Area) and I have talked to literally dozens of them. They are not here because of the Chicano Re-conquer movement, most have not heard about it, know who or what Mecha is or even Aztlan. Those that have heard of the movement say it's crazy, and all they want to do is find work and earn money to send home. Folks...it's all about the money "Show me the money"
    Michael
    www.politicalarm.org
    Allons!
    CWO-4 Retired
    C Trp/4th Sq/11th ACR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast