Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
While this is all well and good , it will never get past dingy harry in the senate , much less illegal obummer in the White House ,

They need to keep adding co sponsers and in 2012 we need to get the senate and white house on our side

KICK THE ANCHOR BABIES OUT ,

I don't care if its insensitive or what , or even if you call me a racist

I DON'T WANT THOSE BORDER JUMPING CRIMINALS dumping their putrid anchors in my country
Anchor babies are U.S. Citizens, so they won't be kicked out. If they law is changed, they will no longer be called anchor babies. So either way, no anchor babies will be kicked out. Just the facts because I know there will be no creation of a retroactive law that will kick out citizens.

Nothing personal, but I don't think it's appropriate to call babies, any babies, putrid. Utilizing that kind of descriptive terminology doesn't help our cause.
Your wrong a bit. First it won't take an actual law or redefining the 14th amendment to fix it. A law would be to change how the 14th amendment was read which would require amending the amendment so an amendment vote. A redefining of the 14th amendment would also require an amendment vote.

The option left is an act that states the 14th amendment was never meant to grant citizenship to children of illegal aliens or to temporary aliens (tourist visa's n such). That in itself would be retroactive and would take further wording to leave the citizenship granted falsely by the 14th amendments abuse to those who have recieved the "false" citizenship.

Now with that which is why the act states:
"(b) Applicability- The amendment made by subsection (a)(3) shall not be construed to affect the citizenship or nationality status of any person born before the date of the enactment of this Act."

If this takes awhile and more support builds for removing that section which is already growing would leave it open for allowing to remove false citizenships granted currently. It was actually a toss in to try and gain a few Rino supporters and some moderate Dem supporters but if it dies in this session as expected to be brought up again I wouldn't be suprised if that section dies when Republicans get control of congress or if they end chain immigration it may be allowed to stay.

If that one section is removed it means we could literally attack the citizenship of any child of an illegal which there is support for. Not to be mean and cruel but to decide on a case by case basis on who is more deserving to weed out the bad apples and gang members who have no allegiance to the US. All that needs to happen is that section vanishes and no word is talked about until passed. And then at a later date hammer down and deport as they want.

I'd estimate probably least 2/3 of those current co-sponsors would still support with (b.) removed and possibly all of them. As it won't pass the senate of course over the next 2 years likely support will grow for removing it.