Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English Only Request - Auto Zone vs. O'Reilly Auto Parts

Today I went to Auto Zone to get a master cylinder cap for my truck. The girl helping me was brown skinned and had a lil orange sticker that said "Habla Espanol" Taking a quick look around I noticed ALL of the employees there had the same sticker.

She spoke fluent english, but didn't seem to know jack about cars and definately had no clue what a JB7 brake system was. I look to my left and see a bunch of Auto Zone credit forms in all spanish, then a sign advertising their website in spanish (btw the website is in english only..), and finally a mat in front of me talked about rack&pinions in all spanish (i flipped it over to the english version).

Disappointed I left and went to O'Reillys just a block over. Upon walking in I was way more comfortable. There wasn't a single sign in spanish at teh counter and there was an elderly white gentleman helping a middle-aged white man. On his left and right side were two brown gentlemen. A guy walked up just in front of me and started speaking spanish to the brown worker to the left. After a conversation he left and as I started to walk towards the guy to make my order a small hispanic guy whipped right past me and started speaking spanish to the worker. I was completely shocked and slightly ticked.

The worker didn't skip a beat and was talking to the lil hispanic guy in spanish for a few minutes. Finally when the guy walked off I stepped up and started to tell him my order. Then the lil hispanic guy walked up again and the O'Reilly worker walked away from me to help him!!!

What!! Man I was angry. If I didn't need this part for safety reasons I would have turned and walked out. Finally the lil hispanic guy walks off and the worker comes back to me and helps me get the part I need. I walked off all angry and have decided that I will purchase all my future automotive parts and accessories online.

I am also going to start encouraging Auto Zone and O'Reilly Auto Parts to institute "English Only Policies" to help curtail this sort of racial favoritism.

Please help me and contact these two on Monday and tell them you will stop shopping there unless they put an "English Only" policy in place:

Auto Zone
    Betty Gomez
    214-381-9650
    https://www.autozone.com/page,1/cont...b_feedback.htm

O'Reilly Auto Parts
    Corporate Number: 1-417-829-5727
    Customer Service: 1-800-755-6759

Been there.....not auto-zone.....but just asking for simple help in department stores. Been totally ignored because I don't speak Spanish.....been walked off and left if a hispanic customer walks up. I remember years ago....doing an experiment about what clothes you wear and how you are treated in the business world. Did tests....came in with jeans, a suit, with kids, without kids...etc....to judge how you were treated as a customer. Right now.....just be hispanic and speak Spanish and you've got it made.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm all for it...I'll call. Thanks for sharing your story. As long as companies keep hiring illegals and businesses keep pandering in Spanish to them, they'll feel as comfortable here as they do back home in their pueblo. Let's start making them feel uncomfortable and definately unwanted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I realize the hispanic community is growing.......but when it comes to mis-treating the other customers.......I hope they are risking it all on a foreign people that can sustain them.......coz they aren't getting my business anymore.

Dragon I really sympathize with your situation. This happened to me also believe it or not - several times in different shops where the Spanish speaking person breaks the queue (actually seems to assume there is no line) and the cashier/salesperson whoever tends to them before all those in line...

I guess what else can we expect especially from illegals - cutting inline is what they are good at !

My one request would be to all who face this ever is be seen and be heard.

I have spoken up (in English) and reminded the clerk/sales person that I am in line before the other person.

I will call them on Monday. I fear we need a boycott of sorts. We also need to call their head offices. Any numbers anyone?

Discrimination

You can sue: African-Americans have sued Denny's and other places and got big $'s because they were made to wait longer than other people.

If this happens to you again, I encourage you to ask for the manager and COMPLAIN!

dragon,

I had a bi-lingual clerk at Auto-Zone make me wait, while he took a phone call from his friend and made his cervesa party arrangements and decided which casa was going to be party central and who was bring the _____women... Oh, I waited on directions and phone numbers. I was very upset. That clerk would not have done that to a Spanish speaker and a English speaking clerk would not have done that to me. I didn't complain, I just never went back and in about a year the store closed.

I live in Texas and I know enough Spanish to get the gist of what they are saying and I darn sure know it when they are cursing at me. The worst are the ones that can't complete a sentence with out saying "man" or the F-bomb.

Dixie

Melissa.....love where your heart is.....but sueing requires alot more than just injustice.......it's called MONEY. Most people don't have free services available to them. I remember when the amount of money was worth it just for "principles sake".......now nobody, than to just "settle" for a lesser degree.

Yes, there is no ACLU, La Raza or whatever just panting to file lawsuits for us, is there?

Maybe you could run a little ad in the paper asking if anyone has been treated this way at these places. If enough get together maybe you could have a class action suit.

We were in one of the little .99 stores in the Beaumont area, don't remember which town, and a Mexican lady tried to push in front of me in line. I stood my ground - shocked the heck out of my husband. I told him I may have to support them but I don't have to let them run over me. She began talking (in Spanish) to a young woman who was with her and I know she was being really ugly. My husband assured me, that no she was just saying she thought she was next in line. Yeah Right!!!

Sometimes I do get a little grouchy.

I used to work out in Sylmar, CA. Anyway, sometimes I'd get off work late.
    I went into a Home Depot (or something like that to buy something). The item cost less than $5.00 but the smallest I had was a ten spot. I paid and then didn't get any change back. The latina cashier said she already had given me my change back when I asked!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast