Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would have called for the manager and had the cash registered audited on the spot. How many people had she pulled that trick on that day (and every other day)? And you can bet your bottom dollar she was putting it all in her little ole pocket.

Dragon I respect your restraint. The Rhino has been known to call clerks out on their rude behavior.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    Dragon I respect your restraint. The Rhino has been known to call clerks out on their rude behavior.
    Totally agree, living in Miami for a long time taught me that. You have to stop this rudeness in its path, if you don't you'll end up at the end of the line every time. As soon as 'lil brown guy' butted line, you should have told the helper behind the counter that you were there first and demand to be served before who had butted the line. You must learn to speak out and not let these instances blow by you. Its the only way they will get the message that we will not put up with this kind of treatment and behavior. Normally, I will restrain, but not much lately. If an elder did it, I would restrain, but a young spanish speaking person--hell no.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In my neck of the woods in Houston, I try to go to an O'Reillys near my house, because they have good mix of workers (majority White, four Black and three Hispanics) who speak English. Spanish is spoken when the customer asks for assistance. The staff is helpful to everyone in the store the times I've been there. On the other hand, about a block near-by AutoZone is like visiting mexico. Spanish is spoken most of the time, long lines of customers, and people working on thier cars right in the parking lot!! I actually saw a two guys replacing front brake pads like they were at their own garage.

Yes, O'Reilly does seem to be more restrained, my complaint will go straight to the store manager and their regional director and hopefully this will not happen again. A few months back I complained at that same Auto Zone because the Return Policy was in all Spanish.. I went back two weeks later and they were all in English.

Unfortunately Boycotting will not work, it will just increase the problem. I have found that boycotting companies like this will just push them into more spanish advertising and move them away from English. What we need to do is request that they institute and "English Only" polciy.

These policies state that employees MUST speak to each otehr and to customers in english, that no material be provided in a separate lanague as it could cause confusion. This is highly used in the IT field where for years H1-B visa holders had been segregating themselves in the workplace and making it difficult for english speakers to work with them. Comapnies like Microsoft decided that due to H1-B visa caps they had to do something to keep the English workers there, so they instituted a policy and went through various law suits to uphold it.

Companies know they can do this, but won't if they don't think their customers mind, you need to be verbal and consistant on saying that you had a terrible time due to the confusion of English and Spanish and that they ONLY way you will go back is to have an Official English policy.

Calling companies

I will call both companies on Monday - please do the same:

Auto Zone
    Betty Gomez
    214-381-9650
    https://www.autozone.com/page,1/contact ... edback.htm

O'Reilly Auto Parts
    Corporate Number: 1-417-829-5727
    Customer Service: 1-800-755-6759

Here is the Auto Zone pledge from their website:

AutoZoners always put customers first!
    We know our parts and products.
    Our stores look great!
    We've got the best merchandise at the right price.

Store Addresses

If you have the addresses of the stores this happened at please post because they will probably ask me that when I call tomorrow.

Thanks

AutoZone:
    8208 Park Lane
    Dallas, TX 75231
    (214) 369-3981

- The girl here just didnt know what she was doing and they had everything at the counter in Spanish. Even ads for their website, which coincidently enough is in english only (i dont see an 'espanol' link).

O'Reilly:
    7028 Greenville Avenue
    Dallas, TX 75231
    (214) 363-5601

- The helper here ignored the fact that I was in line and instead chose to help a person who spoke spanish that just walked up to the counter in front of everyone. He also walked away from me after beginning to help me when the same person returned from outside with seemingly more questions. Even thought both spoke english (I said hi to the guy who cut in front of me and he resonded) they made their transaction in Spanish. Meanwhile another worker was helping other folks and again never even tried english. It appears that O'Reilly has a RACIST assumption that Brown = Spanish Speaking and that Spanish Speaking = Superior.

However, all material in their store is provided in English Only... or at least overwhelmingly.

There's English, then there's Spanish.

There's Hispanics, then there's Mexicans.

Is there any questions?...

I`ve had similar run-ins with Auto Zone in California. I wanted to buy a "Diamond Plate" cross bed tool box but the size I needed to fit my truck had to be ordered.
    So when I went to pick it up, I handed my "paid" receipt to a guy at the counter, he handed it to a non-english speaking person and then the hunt was on. It seemed that he could`nt find it. 30 minutes later I asked for the Parts Manager. I told him what I ordered, when I ordered it and when it was supposed to have arrive at their store.
    The Manager walked back to the person looking for my order, looked at the order number on the receipt and pointed to a box laying in front of him, which just happened to be my tool box.
    I would`nt accept a discount, but I did accept an appology and then I said "it looks like you`ll be losing some business"
    I heard that the non- english speaking fellow was fired just after I left.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast