Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lets keep the fire burning. More and more Amerians are waking up
    Indeed! Allow me to share an e-mail I received today in response to one I sent in support of Thomas Macklin the Mayor of Avon Park, FL

His is the kind of response that makes me proud to be an American. Can do and we will. It's a small town revolution!

Bottom is the beginning.

Please allow me to thank you for your letter of support. As I'm sure you can imagine this process has not been without its' ugly moments. For certain there are more on the way. Please know that it is my love for Avon Park, and the support of proud Americans from across our great nation that gives me the resolve to keep on pressing the issue. My hope is that everyone who feels as you and I do will contact their local elected officials and demand that they too step forward and embrace this small town revolution. Together we can and will make a difference.
    Sincerely,

Mayor Thomas A. Macklin
    Avon Park, Fl.
    United States of America

----- Original Message -----
    To: Brenda Gray ; Doug Eason ; George Hall ; 'George Hall 2' ; Sharon Schuler ; Tom Macklin
    Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:25 AM
    Subject: FW: Support for Mr Macklin!

Email received at city hall....

Sarah Adelt
    City Clerk
    Phone: 863-452-4403
    Fax: 863-452-4413

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:20 AM
    To: 'Sarah Adelt'
    Subject: FW: Support for Mr Macklin!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:31 PM
    To: cbshirey@avonpark.cc
    Subject: Support for Mr Macklin!

Just a short note of Thanks and support to Mr Macklin and his stance on Illegal immigration. If the federal government will not do their job then I am glad America still has real leaders who will step up to the plate! I support you and so do many other Americans! Please don't let the naysayers get you down. I see Mr Morris Sleaze and the SPLC has already chimed in. Bless you sir and thanks again!

Altura Ct.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

More good news. Momentum momentum....let's keep it going. I've written so much, just had to get more stamps today.
    Thanks for sharing.
    And I think a reminder W for us to keep posting this site is a good idea and working. Seems like this group is growing rapidly.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What I started doing is, when ever I hear about a City, County, State, or community, that has become fed up with illegals, (Example, Hazleton, Pa.)
    You can almost bet that there`s a forum in that area. So I find their forum, join in, give my respect for their decision(s) and advertise www.ALIPAC.us.
    ------------------------

That is a good idea MK I hope you do not mind if I use it
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE
    ------------------------

I need to get into the habbit of posting www.alipac.us/ on everything! I don't know of a better news source and I don't know too many Americans that wouldn't come to this site and get upset about the situation.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I need to get into the habbit of posting www.alipac.us/ on everything! I don't know of a better news source and I don't know too many Americans that wouldn't come to this site and get upset about the situation.

Dixie
    Put it in your e-mail signature. Then you never forget.

the_patriot,

Good suggestion.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    What I started doing is, when ever I hear about a City, County, State, or community, that has become fed up with illegals, (Example, Hazleton, Pa.)
    You can almost bet that there`s a forum in that area. So I find their forum, join in, give my respect for their decision(s) and advertise www.ALIPAC.us.
    It seems like most local ABC affiliates now have a web forum.

This is the follow-up story. I think I need to leave another message!

Dixie

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/15037832.htm

More groups ask JPS to treat illegal immigrantsBy ANTHONY SPANGLER
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

ERMA JOHNSON HADLEYFORT WORTH -- Three more community advocacy groups and a Fort Worth City Council member joined Thursday in calling on the JPS Health Network to offer nonemergency healthcare to indigent illegal immigrants.

Saying that the taxpayer-supported hospital district has a moral and ethical responsibility to treat every resident of Tarrant County, representatives of the League of Women Voters, the League of United Latin American Citizens and Catholic Charities, and Fort Worth City Councilman Sal Espino were among the standing-room-only crowd at the regular JPS board meeting.

In 2004, the board voted 6-4 to bar illegal immigrants from its clinics.

At June's board meeting , Allied Communities of Tarrant proposed a plan that would make illegal immigrants eligible for care.

Espino said he supports ACT's plan, calling it sound public policy.

"There may be reluctance in our community because of the negative tone regarding fair immigration reform," said Espino, once an illegal immigrant from Mexico who became a U.S. citizen.

Under federal law, hospitals must provide emergency care regardless of citizenship.

After listening to a JPS financial report that showed the hospital district running a surplus for the year of about $37.6 million, a representative of the League of Women Voters told the board that JPS can afford to expand charity care to illegal immigrants.

"We support ACT's plan on the basis of JPS' surplus that emergency room care is more expensive and on the moral basis and medical-ethics basis," said Charlotte Hyams, first vice president of the Tarrant County chapter.

Under ACT's plan, the grassroots group would help educate the public on JPS' services and would create a task force to study how well JPS is serving Tarrant County residents.

"It would be a guess how many undocumented immigrants live here," ACT member Jose Aguillar said Thursday. "The number that is important is how many of you who are willing to reinstate" a policy of treating illegal immigrants.

A majority of board members have said they would vote to continue prohibiting illegal immigrants from receiving charity care at JPS clinics.

At last month's meeting, JPS board Chairwoman Erma Johnson Hadley said the board would consider the issue after the district's staff studies the impact of such a policy change.

On Thursday, ACT representatives asked the board to vote on their plan at the August meeting.

Hospital attorney Larry Thompson advised Hadley not to answer because the speakers were not on the agenda; instead, they were addressing the board during the citizens' comment portion of the meeting.

"The Tarrant County hospital district is a public entity and you have a right to help us make this decision," she said.

Anthony Spangler, 817-390-7420 aspangler@star-telegram.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12