Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AZres
    I must have missed something growing up on a farm. You mean my dad held out on me, made me get student loans, hoarded all his riches so he could die bankrupt, made my mom wait 20 years for a new kitchen stove (because everything went into the barn until a bolt of lightening blew it all over the kitchen)....yeah, he must have been a miser.....
    There are even many POOR farmers. However, I believe that pattyk was refering to the agri-business ones, who are indeed scumbags.

But. in all seriousness....Wouldn't this problem be better addressed if seasonal workers came legally into this country, had their green cards or TWP's in order so that their records could move from farm to farm with them, thus no delay in e-verify? Those without DOCUMENTS wouldn't work???? If "The vast majority of (crop pickers) are valid workers," the crops will get picked.
    No.

We should hire Americans at a living wage. We do not need another guest worker program -- especially in this economy. Automation is a possible option as well.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    Ya really think the guy makes a million dollars profit off his crop??? If so, then all his equipment must be free....Checked out the cost of a new tractor or combine lately? How about fencing? How about equipment repair and maintenance? Ever have to buy a tractor tire?
    I dont get your point. Are you saying that farmers have the right to hire illegals because they have overhead expenses? They are constanly harping on Americans wont do the job, when they know damn well that Americans cant live on the salary they pay, because we dont live 20 people to one house. The farmers get all the benefits of cheap labor, and we get stuck with the not so good benefits of illegals. Farmers are playing us for fools, always threatening prices would go higher without illegals. So raise the price of lettuce, who cares?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    These farmers are so full of it. I remember a couple years ago it was on the news that a farmer lost half his orange crop to draught. He lost over a million dollars. These misers have been pulling this crap since the old days. Watch the Movie The Grapes Of Wrath. It is a true story of how they screwed over the guys working the feilds. And yes, they were mostly black and white guys, who used to work the fields, until these cheap-ass farmers discovered they could get help for practicly free from the mexicans. Farmers suck, always threathening to raise the prices if they cant have mexicans.

Chill out, Miss Patty....Ya really think the guy makes a million dollars profit off his crop??? If so, then all his equipment must be free....Checked out the cost of a new tractor or combine lately? How about fencing? How about equipment repair and maintenance? Ever have to buy a tractor tire?

I must have missed something growing up on a farm. You mean my dad held out on me, made me get student loans, hoarded all his riches so he could die bankrupt, made my mom wait 20 years for a new kitchen stove (because everything went into the barn until a bolt of lightening blew it all over the kitchen)....yeah, he must have been a miser.....

BTW: Got your little home garden growing yet? You may need it one of these days....Odds on how long you'd make on a real farm???

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "I sure am getting sick of these backstabbing farmers acting like they're working for the same crappy wages as most Americans are, Sorry Ol' McDonald I'm not feeling your pain!"
    And Mr. Rooferman...Is roofing really that much above farming??? Farming is a 24/7 job. I know, I've done both farming and roofing (Roofing pays A LOT more...).

But. in all seriousness....Wouldn't this problem be better addressed if seasonal workers came legally into this country, had their green cards or TWP's in order so that their records could move from farm to farm with them, thus no delay in e-verify? Those without DOCUMENTS wouldn't work???? If "The vast majority of (crop pickers) are valid workers," the crops will get picked.

Just imagine no more farms in this country...See what prices you'll then pay to put food on your table.
    The problem being they come into the country under the guise of being farm workers and go straight for the construction jobs!

So raise the price of lettuce, who cares?
    Exactly. Especially because it would only rise by about a dime per head. Dime and a nickel maybe.

Don't buy the chicken little argument of $40 heads of lettuce.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    I dont get your point. Are you saying that farmers have the right to hire illegals because they have overhead expenses?
    Whatever. You'll take it however you want no matter what I say.

They are constanly harping on Americans wont do the job, when they know damn well that Americans cant live on the salary they pay, because we dont live 20 people to one house. The farmers get all the benefits of cheap labor, and we get stuck with the not so good benefits of illegals. Farmers are playing us for fools, always threatening prices would go higher without illegals. So raise the price of lettuce, who cares?
    You're Right...Who Cares...I don't anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Farmers suck, always threathening to raise the prices if they cant have mexicans.
    I have to take offense to what you just said. I come from a farming background and know a lot of farmers who want nothing to do with illegals. In fact almost all of the farmers in my area are that way and I don't know of any that do hire illegals.
    "What one out of a hundred!" Sorry I've seen it with my own eyes and read here everyday "Your statement offends me!" just cause it makes Americans think it's not going on and it is!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And Mr. Rooferman...Is roofing really that much above farming??? Farming is a 24/7 job. I know, I've done both farming and roofing (Roofing pays A LOT more...).
    "No it's not above farming cause the same backstabbing POS keep hiring illegals also, and roofing "doesn't pay a lot more!" what you helped your uncle once spare me! My son is a roofer now! So it's real personal to me!
    And we didn't and don't roof for our uncle on the weekend!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're Right...Who Cares...I don't anymore...
    "Big surprise!"

Banned
    " what you helped your uncle once spare me! My son is a roofer now! So it's real personal to me!
    Don't underestimate me, Mr. Steve. You haven't got a clue as to what I've done and it wasn't for "my uncle!"

Have a nice day

" what you helped your uncle once spare me! My son is a roofer now! So it's real personal to me!
    Don't underestimate me, Mr. Steve. You haven't got a clue as to what I've done and it wasn't for "my uncle!"

Have a nice day
    "ALL I'VE DONE IS ROOF!" I've roofed with girls before!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast