Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

FAIR ALERT 3/11/08 SAVE ACT

Time to Act: Let's Put on the Pressure!!!
    Now Being Circulated: House Discharge Petition to force the "Enforcement-Only" SAVE Act to a Floor Vote!!
    Urge Your Representative to Sign on Now!

House Minority Leaders are now introducing a "discharge petition" to force Speaker Pelosi and her leadership to bring the Secure America through Verification and Enforcement (SAVE) Act (H.R. 408 to a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives. SAVE is a bi-partisan bill that enjoys widespread support. 141 House members have signed on as co-sponsors.

House Majority Leaders do not want the bill to move quickly to the floor. Therefore, a "discharge petition" is needed to move it to the floor for immediate consideration.

A "discharge petition" is a special procedure designed to allow House members to bypass obstructionist committees and move a bill directly for full House consideration. 218 House members must sign the petition to allow it to go to the floor. If successful, the discharge petition will bring the bill before the House for a vote.

Moving the SAVE Act to the floor is our best chance this year to get the full House to vote on a pro-enforcement bill that can help stem the tide of illegal immigration.

About the SAVE Act: The SAVE Act is a bi-partisan bill written by Congressman Heath Schuler (D) of North Carolina. FAIR Advisory Board co-chair Congressman Brian Bilbray (R) of California has taken the lead for Republicans. The SAVE Act has been around since November 6, 2007, but it has languished in committee despite its widespread support in the House, including 48 Democrats.

What would SAVE do? The SAVE Act would reduce illegal immigration by both increasing border security and by improving interior enforcement. The measure would add technology, infrastructure and personnel at the border. It would provide grants to border towns and counties to assist with enforcement of criminal law. The number of federal judges would be increased in border states,thereby increasing the number of immigration offenses that could be tried in those states. The SAVE Act would also bolster the alien smuggling and harboring provisions of INA §274. Most importantly, the SAVE Act would make it mandatory for all employers to use the E-Verify electronic employment verification system, creating a quick and efficient way to verify the legal status of their employees. This would reduce the employment magnet bringing so many illegal immigrants into the U.S.

To repeat: The House Discharge Rule provides a way for members to bring legislation to the floor when it has become mired in the committee or when the majority refuses to allow floor action. Under House Rules, a member may submit a discharge petition to the Clerk of the House on any bill committed for more than 30 days. The Clerk then keeps the petition available for members until 218 signatures are achieved. Once the discharge petition receives 218 votes, a member can make a motion for the bill to be discharged from committee and brought to the floor for a vote.

Please call your Representative TODAY to urge them to sign the discharge petition on the SAVE Act!

Please call your Representative TODAY to tell them that the SAVE Act -- H.R. 4088 -- is a common-sense first step in solving the immigration crisis. Tell them that signing the discharge petition on the SAVE Act will help promote real immigration reform in the United States. And tell them that if they have not yet co-sponsored the SAVE Act, NOW is the time to do so.

We want Members of Congress to support this bill, and if they won't, explain why publicly.

Meantime, FAIR will keep you posted on the development of this strategy and provide you with up-to-date information on any counter-maneuvering by some pro-amnesty Members of Congress that could require a quick response
    Last edited by Jean; 08-20-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Done. Thanks for posting.

Please call your Representative TODAY to urge them to sign the discharge petition on the SAVE Act!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Numbers USA has a free fax you can send for this
    CherieDawn

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all dayÂ* ~grin

I just called my Representative and left a voice mail message. You may fill these Representatives mail boxes this evening too.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CherieDawn
    Numbers USA has a free fax you can send for this
    Really mine was a phone alert. I'll check again.

Just checked it's odd mine came as two separate Alerts in the same mail. Hadn't had that before.

Thanks "working4change" I did through numbers but hope everyone gets on this....we need everyone doing it !!! Maybe they wanted to make sure we did both!!

COME ON EVERYONE IF YOU HAVE NOT ADDRESSED THIS....PLEASE DO!!!

> NEW "ACTION ALERTS" 3/10<
    Stop SPLC, La Raza, ADL, Media Matters ( they want to shut up MSM)
    Its not "HATE SPEECH" " ITS FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-107369.html
    Help Indiana!!!WE need this win!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-643298.html#643298
    " ALIPAC FUND RAISER LAUNCHED" !
    "PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR GOAL" !!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105713.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

bttt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days ago I sent Sali and e-mail about H.R. 4088 this is his response ....I just answerd his response with the latest Numbers USA alert..and added on a P.S.......Posted it below!!!

March 12, 2008
    Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting me with your views regarding immigration reform. I appreciate your views on this important subject.

It is clear that our immigration system is broken and must be fixed at a fundamental level. Estimates indicate at least 12 million illegal immigrants are living in the United States. While I understand the motivation of these men and women who come to our country for the opportunities it affords, we must remain a nation of laws that provides opportunities our own citizens first. The solution must be consistent with our laws, our interests and our commitment to both American workers and those who wish to become part of our country legally.

As you know, U.S. Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) has introduced H.R. 4088, the SAVE Act of 2007. This legislation would provide immigration reform by securing America's borders, clarifying and enforcing existing laws and enabling a practical employer verification program. H.R. 4088 has been referred to the following House Committees for further consideration: the Committee on Homeland Security, the Committee on Judiciary, the Committee on Ways and Means, the Committee on Education and Labor, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on Agriculture, and the Committee on Natural Resources.

I strongly support the goals of this legislation and as a member of the Immigration Reform Caucus, I will continue to work with my colleagues in the 110th Congress to reform our current immigration system. In addition, I have met and continue to meet with a number of immigration enforcement officials to gain greater knowledge of how best to reform our immigration system.

Please know that I will keep your views in mind as I consider this and other immigration-related legislation. You may be interested to know that I have joined 96 of my colleagues in a Congressional letter asking the Speaker of the House to reject amnesty for illegal immigrants. You can find more information about this letter and my work in Congress by visiting www.sali.house.gov. Thank you again for contacting me; I hope you will continue to share your views on the important issues facing our country.
    Sincerely,

Bill Sali
    Member of Congress

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my letter, will call!!

Dear Representative Sali,

Please oppose the proposal to give illegal aliens a 5-Year amnesty visa!

At a time of economic recession, Congress should NOT add any more visas and greencards for foreign workers of any kind whatsoever. This, at a time when 23 million working-age Americans with no college education already are without a job. Why would Congress want to bring in even more foreign workers to compete?

The American people have rejected amnesty time and time again. What we need is a middle-ground, bi-partisan effort to reverse the pattern of rewarding illegal immigration. The SAVE Act (H.R. 408 will do that by cracking down on employers of illegal immigration increasing enforcement at the border and in the interior. Reject amnesty and support the SAVE Act.

Respectfully,

SOSAD

P.S. I am still waiting to see your signature on bill H.R. 4088 to show you care about law enforcement in Idaho, I will never vote again for anyone who refuses to see that America's laws are not enforced and will do all I can to make sure said person doesn't not get back in office....Idaho is greatly impacted by what you do in congress as our representative....show that you care about Idaho Residence...

Now I will call his office!!

PLEASE EVERYONE SEND YOUR E-MAIL THROUGH NUMBERS USA OR ON YOUR OWN BUT PLEASE SEND IT......WE MUST GET LAW ENFORCEMENT IN OUR STATES.

163 signatures on the petition so far!

Great news "Carolinamtnwoman" !!! where are you getting the information from?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast