Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

FAIR ALERT 6/24/08

Federation for American Immigration Reform Action Alert

Your Calls Needed Immediately!
    House Appropriators Set to Limit Workplace Enforcement

Today, the House Appropriations Subcommittee for Homeland Security is marking up the FY09 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill and funding for worksite enforcement is at risk.

Today, Congress Daily — a well-known Capitol Hill newspaper - reports that House Homeland Security Appropriations Chairman David Price (D-NC) will attempt to reset Homeland Security's priorities by shifting money away from worksite enforcement.

According to Congress Daily, in a speech before the Center for American Progress yesterday, Rep. Price announced that he intends to shift $800 million away from workplace enforcement and direct ICE to use the funds to deport criminal aliens. While deporting criminal aliens is also an important goal, it should not come at the expense of worksite enforcement. Congress should fund both! Congress needs to enforce all of our immigration laws in order to ensure that our immigration system works and has integrity.

Call Rep. David Price's office and the Appropriations Committee at the numbers below and tell them:

You will not stand for this attempt to stop ICE's effective workplace enforcement activities.

You oppose any effort to restrict ICE's enforcement activities.

The committee should fully fund all enforcement activities.

Appropriations Committee: (202) 225-2771

Rep. David Price: (202) 225-1784

Thanks for posting this. Let's call! The open border, pro-amnesty Democrats are up to more of their tricks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mine are done...thank you very much!! did it as soon as I got my alert from numbers...Simpson is on the committee but some times he really pisses me off!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Rep Carter's office (Texas) claimed that the amendment to fund 287g was their's--but the appropriation was for only $12 million. ???? We're talking here about $800 million reduction in workplace enforcement. Have called about 15 reps so far. Can someone clarify this?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To be very clear.

Our congress lies to us.

Now they lie more.

thats all

I called Rep. Price's office. Very nice informative aid. He said it was a common misconception that Price was against this. Said that he was going to ask for $60 million? They were writing the bill today. That Price supported enforcement.

Can't wait to hear how it went.