Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think this issue has to be addressed in a more productive way, rather than just posting opinions about what transpired and not doing anythng about it. The fact that this person came here in good faith wanting to be part of the illegal immigration solution, and then invited friends to join who were also insulted by insensitive remarks, only sheds bad light on the reputation of ALIPAC - in my opinion. We lost some good people here. And the fact that this person says complaints were made but went unanswered, is a bit disturbing to me.

Personally, I haven't noticed anyone using language that was racist. I would have been offended myself, and would have called them out on it. However, I do believe we need to be perfectly honest with ourselves. Black, brown, white or in between, we all tend to be prejudiced in one way or another. That doesn't mean one wants to see harm or discrimination come to a person based solely on their skin color or ethnic background. It just means birds of a feather tend to flock together. But for some people, they either knowingly or unknowingly voice these prejudices out loud! My philosophy has always been, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

I think all anyone could really ask for is respect. And since this is an open forum where people gather to voice their opionions on important issues, we have to be more cognizant of the fact that many different people visit here. We come from all different backgrounds, small towns, big cities, etc. And I believe we, the people of ALIPAC represent the integrity of this activist group. If we don't have that, then we don't have anything.

Shouldn't William step in here on this matter? We shouldn't allow the alleged insensitivities of a few people, to tarnish the entire ALIPAC group. Is it too late to win these people back? We're ALL Americans for goodness sake! If we can't unite to fight illegal immigration, we might as well give up now.

Â*

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
    is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
    if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
    is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
    well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
    own were; any man's death diminishes me,
    because I am involved in mankind.
    And therefore never send to know for whom
    the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    John Donne

I don't think it is skin color that really matters to most Americans. It is the total breakdown of the American society, the breakup of family cohesion and values--too many parent(s) are too busy working for food and keeping the utilities going, they really don't have time to spend with the kids. And often, kids realize they can often make more money than the parent(s) selling drugs. And too many parent(s) have left the responsibility of child rearing to the school system.
    I have no idea why no one has really taken strident steps to scream, (except for a few groups like ALIPAC) about the damage illegals are doing to this society, and it should be a scream from every skin color. Our ideals have been compromised to our detriment, no matter the skin color, and we have not realized what has been done to us, as we are too busy trying to survive.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Posting any where is a responsibility not a right .
    Members here should be held to high expectations as far as racism goes . I will not bury my head in the sand and hope racism goes away .
    Most if not all of our battles are waged against that We " I Pray " Proudly and Instinctively Firmly denounce .
    Racism plays NO part in our Fight against the ILLEGAL INVASION of Our Country . And Again " I Pray " In Our Everyday Lives .

Ask Terry our Great Friend Anderson about the Black Caucus .
    I urge anyone not familiar with Terry to go to his website .
    Be Warned , Mr . Anderson Pulls No Punches .

My Opinion
    Welcome I Hope Back WhatMattersMost

http://www.theterryandersonshow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    WhatMattersMost wrote:

I've been in this battle for more than 5 years. I have also done more than my share getting the word out to my fellow black Americans. I have not posted here for a while because I received and read more than a few not so kind comments that were racially prejudiced re: Obama. That is why I have refrained from posting here for a while.

While it may be an embedded trait that many of this board do not realize they have, it is there. In the past I have referred a few of my black friends to this board and after reading some of the things being said (particularly about Obama) they were shocked that I was a member here, and they decided that while they wanted to fight against illegal immigration, the statements of certain people on this forum made them realize that they didn't wish to support this forum.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. If you want black members on this forum to help in the stand against illegal immigration, we have to feel like we are welcomed by our white counterparts. We don't want to feel used for our numbers or our race simply as a matter of convenience of achieving a goal. It would be much nicer and more amicable to feel welcomed here.
    Please report racist comments and/or posts to the moderators. I'm caucasion and have reported what I thought were racist comments in the past. In every case the moderators edited or deleted the posts. My reports of racist comments were never ignored.
    I've done that on several occasions. A few times they have been deleted, the last couple of times I was ignored. I was literally ganged up on and that is when I decided it was time to go because I felt trapped and helpless. When I first discovered ALIPAC this was a board/group of comrades and I felt part of the team.

As the population of posters grew, and when Obama announced his candidacy, the true colors of a lot of said posters emerged and it got racist and ugly. Unfortunately, deleting the posts doesn't delete the hatred and bigotry.

I still browse occasionally to read the stories but that has been the extent of my relationship with this site.

Thank you for listening and responding.
    I haven't been a member of this group for long, but I've not seen any racist comments yet. I did not support Obama, but that doesn't make me a racist. If he was supported by blacks just because he was black, that would be just as racist as not supporting him because of the color of his skin. We don't have to like him because he's a black man any more than we had to like McCain because he's white. So, I guess what I'm saying is, if you just didn't like the fact that many of us didn't support Obama and consider that being racist, I wholeheartedly disagree.
    I didn't support him either. I've voted for 6 white presidents in my lifetime, so by your standards does that make me a reverse racist? You assume far too much.

IMHO, anyone white or black who votes for or does not vote for a candidate based solely upon race as opposed to voting the issues is a racist.

You have every right to disagree with me however, by your own admission you haven't been here that long. No disrespect intended but your comments are not my yardstick. I watched the change and evolution of this site. I also know what I experienced and how I was made to feel, it was painful to the degree that it drove me and several others away. It is not by accident that the few blacks that used to post here are here no longer. I have spoken with several of them and they expressed the same feelings that I have.

That being said, you misinterpreted my statement as it had nothing to do with people not voting for Obama, but about the racist vitriol being spewed about him be it fear of a black POTUS or simply because he IS BLACK.

I will not comment any further on this matter, I simply saw this post and wanted to express how I feel.

Best wishes to all of you.
    WhatMattersMost,

I'm sorry that you feel someone offended you as a black American. Please see our rules. We do not allow racism here or race baiting as you know from your prior experiences with our mods.

You are violating our rules by not taking these issues to our moderators and addressing them in public instead.

Please provide me some examples of the 'racism' you have experienced here at ALIPAC so our moderators and other black supporters can review them and we will see if we need to make any extra efforts or make any rule changes.

ALIPAC has been actively working with black leaders, activists, and victim's families in an effort to get more black Americans involved.

We lost one or two black supporter over the dismay at Obama's pro Amnesty policies.

To be honest, the two people I'm thinking of chose race over the importance of immigration issues in my opinion.

But hey, I wish them well.

The temptation to play the race card for Obama will be so tempting that we expect to see it played again and again.

Please present your evidence of racism on our site here for all to see so the entire ALIPAC community can review it and make up their own minds.

I would always treat any reports of behavior here that would alienate any supporters for any reason with the highest priority.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for responding William.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123