Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FBI Searching Spinach Plants in E Coli Probe

http://www.wsoctv.com/health/10000520/d ... 0110042006

FBI Searches Spinach Plants In E. coli Probe

POSTED: 2:31 pm EDT October 4, 2006
    UPDATED: 2:51 pm EDT October 4, 2006

SALINAS, Calif. -- The FBI searched two spinach packaging companies Wednesday for evidence in the nationwide E. coli outbreak that sickened 192 people.

Agents from the FBI and the Food and Drug Administration used warrants to search the San Juan Bautista plant of Natural Selection Foods LLC and a Growers Express plant in Salinas to determine whether they followed food safety procedures.

Federal health officials said early in their investigation that deliberate contamination was not suspected.

"We are investigating allegations that certain spinach growers and distributors may not have taken all necessary or appropriate steps to ensure that their spinach was safe before they were placed into interstate commerce," U.S. Attorney Kevin Ryan said in a statement.
    Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What a hoax!

FBI...go undercover into the FIELDS and pick some spinach. Take a video phone and film what you see then show it LIVE to the American Public...on a good show....like FEAR FACTOR

Be sure to pack your own TP and Potty or you might step in your own mess; contaminate the fields and end up arresting yourselves.

GET THESE THIRD WORLD PEOPLE OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Agents from the FBI and the Food and Drug Administration used warrants to search the San Juan Bautista plant of Natural Selection Foods LLC and a Growers Express plant in Salinas to determine whether they followed food safety procedures.
    The contamination likely came from the fields and was compounded by he type of flood irrigation they do. Screen the farm workers and take soil samples first!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    What a hoax!

FBI...go undercover into the FIELDS and pick some spinach. Take a video phone and film what you see then show it LIVE to the American Public...on a good show....like FEAR FACTOR

Be sure to pack your own TP and Potty or you might step in your own mess; contaminate the fields and end up arresting yourselves.

GET THESE THIRD WORLD PEOPLE OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!

AMEN!!

Better yet, take those field workers and put them in SANITATION/POTTY TRAINING 101 - asp

Another very good reason why Americans should NOT visit Mexico. Wonder why the water's bad? These people are not only unsanitary, I'll bet my right arm that it's now being done on purpose. Besides, think big Ag is going to spot the fields with porta potties?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gross! Don't know if I will ever eat spinach again and its one of my favorites.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

This reminds me of the anthrax attackes when the feds lied about it being an attack for two weeks before telling the truth.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yup...the feds are good at that...lying I mean.

I'm sick of it.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Gross! Don't know if I will ever eat spinach again and its one of my favorites.
    ANNIE
    any Cali produce is {and has been for several years} OFF MY SHOPPING LIST!

this is a common habit among pickers from S. of the border. Way of life for them.

Banned
    I noticed that my local grocery stores still have no bagged spinach on the shelves. That means that someone somewhere is taking the contamination threat seriously.

The only bagged spinach my local Shop-Rite is selling is baby spinach from Jersey. Until this outbreak I used to buy at least one bag of Dole spinach a month (I love taboule made with fresh chopped spinach and tomatoes!) but unless or until they can specifically identify the genetic fingerprint (true souce) of this strain of E coli, I won't be trust any of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast