Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Finally some good news!!

Finally some good news!! Here is a web site for a local TV station, San Antonio, TX.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.as ... 50e&rss=68
    Fewer Immigrants Arrested on Border
    Last Update: 12/27/2006 6:54:19 PM
    Posted By: Walker Robinson

Arrests of illegal migrants along the U.S.-Mexican border have dropped by more than a third since U.S. National Guard troops started helping with border security.
    That suggests that fewer people may be trying to cross the border illegally from Mexico.

U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested more than 149,000 fewer people from the start of July through November. That's down 34% from the same period last year, according to monthly figures provided yesterday by a Border Patrol spokesman.

Arrests also dropped by 9% for the same period from 2004 to 2005. If the downward trend continues, it would be the first sustained decrease in illegal immigrant arrests since shortly after the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks.

National Guard troops started arriving along the border in mid June, and 6,000 were in place by August.

Victor Clark is a Mexican migration expert in Tijuana. He says many migrants fear they will confront U.S. soldiers on the border.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Does that mean that the National Guard has been an effective deterrent?

Does that mean illegal aliens are getting the message that we don't want them here?

Until I hear reports of massive numbers of people crossing southbound, I'm not going to believe our problems are getting resolved.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Victor Clark is a Mexican migration expert in Tijuana. He says many migrants fear they will confront U.S. soldiers on the border.
    Proof a little deterence can work.

Dixie, a few more local ordinances and some more work place enforcement and maybe we'll start seeing the numbers you want going south.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Does that mean that the National Guard has been an effective deterrent?

Does that mean illegal aliens are getting the message that we don't want them here?

Until I hear reports of massive numbers of people crossing southbound, I'm not going to believe our problems are getting resolved.

Dixie
    I think it means the Government is not going after them as much. Just letting them come on in.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I have to say with the amount of illegals already here 11,000,000 to over 20,000,000 does it really matter. Isn't it kind of like trying to plug a leaking bucket after most of the water has leaked out?

I am telling ya they are all in Austin Texas..that is why the numbers on crossing is down...because they are already here..and shopping a Walmart in South Austin...looks like the third world
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

April
    Dixiewrote:

I'm with you Dixie I need to see that southbound exodus to start feeling giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    I am telling ya they are all in Austin Texas..that is why the numbers on crossing is down...because they are already here..and shopping a Walmart in South Austin...looks like the third world
    I was just in Austin last week for a concert and I doubt I will ever go back. I didn't see illegals but tons of angry homeless people. That city is really going downhill. Bummer.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Cowgirl you have to go South of the River....my old home I can not recognize...it really is a bummer...trash and garbage,gang graffitti,mexican flags everywhere..it looks like a trash dump
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

No thanks, I'll just take your word for it.

Sorry to hear about the problems, I know how tough it is when it's in your face everyday.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast