Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fire Republican Senators who vote for amnesty?

Thought I would start a new thread on this.

Over at SOS, we are amazed at how arrogant the Republicans are. Karl Rove feels we have to vote Republican because we have "no where else to go". Ken Mehlman is sucking up to LaRaza. Our response? Return contol of the Senate to Democrats! They are no worse than Republican Senators on immigration. Keep the House in Republican control to block any amnesty. Maybe this way the Republican Party will finally get the message and run more pro-border Senate (and Presidential) candidates in 2008.

Thus under this plan, we should target the following Senators for defeat, especially if they vote for any type of amnesty. When I say we, I mean not only ALIPAC, but everyone in the pro-borders movement.

Senator ABI rank

Allen (R-VA) .6
    Burns (R-MT) .47
    Chafee (R-RI) .23
    DeWine (R-OH) .35
    Ensign (R-NV) .47
    Hatch (R-UT) .45
    Hutchison (R-TX) .48
    Lott (R-MS) .38
    Lugar (R-IN) .25
    Santorum (R-PA) .45
    Snowe (R-ME) .34

I think most of them could be defeated. Probably not Burns and maybe not Hutchison, but the others are in blue states or states where American workers are hurting. I noticed already a pro-borders Democrat is vying for DeWine's seat. Only half of them would have to be defeated to return control of the Senate to Democrats. We should tell all the above Senators right now if they vote for any type of amnesty, they may well lose their job.

The following Senators I think would probably vote against amnesty, so we might not do anything or possibly support for re-election. For sure we need to support Robert Byrd for re-election!

Kyl (R-AZ) .82
    Talent (R-MO) .85
    Thomas (R-WY) .82
    Byrd (D-WV) .95

Any comments on this?

Tim,

At this point, ALIPAC has taken the stance that we will NOT support any member of the Congress or Senate that votes for a guest worker amnesty.

If anyone we supported in 2004 votes for such a thing, we ill fire out a press release into their district saying they lied.

Our support oppose matrix will involve the ABI rankings, input from ALIPAC supporters, surveys to the candidates, and other voting records for incumbents.

In the US Senate you could practically throw a rock and hit someone guilty since the support levels for our cause is so low there.

The first course of action is the candidate call nationally.

ALIPAC will need the support of the entire movement to get that out.

We are behind on it due to the intensity of battle.

It is coming my friend. Even if candidates that care about illegal immigration end up filing against some of our people, that will be OK since our folks can easily defend their immigration voting records with the public.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am FOR this...yahhhh team....if we continue to grow on this site by election time we will be a force to reckon with.

If they think we have 'no place to go' they're forgetting that a few people have decided to join the race as Independents ie. Strayhorn in Texas, who will most likely get my vote.

I'm actually ill when I think of Dem or Republican...both these parties have sold us down the river. Forgiveness is not possible considering the cost.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Yes, voting independent may be a better choice, for example Gilchrist in CA. Of course many will say; "but if you don't vote Republican, a Democrat will get elected (or vice versa)". So what, there is not much difference between the two, and if lots of incumbents lose their job, maybe the remaining ones will start paying attention to the people.

That's always the hue and cry, Tim. Don't vote for so and so cause if you do...etc. But I will...vote mostly for independents if they offer what I'm looking for...really tired of the 'scare' tactics...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Oregon and Gordon Smith. The illegals like him. I am sending a letter to him stating my position. I am letting him know that I might be one person, but I have a voice and I am able to use it to tell people how he supports giving away not only citizenship to illegals but giving away American jobs and helping to dilute already low wages for Oregonians.
    I am printing this letter up and then send it to my mothers VFW with extra pages for all the veterans, their spouses, kids, etc, to sign, then I'm sending it. But also I think it wold be good to target Ron Wyden, the liberal bleeding heart. He will get one of these letters too.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought this a good spot to put the little E-mail I just recived a minute ago from Dewine. Boy 2 emails from him in one day.

January 24, 2006

Dear Randall:

Thank you for contacting me views regarding illegal immigration. I agree
    that illegal immigration is a very serious problem and appreciate knowing
    your views.

Currently, there are approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants in
    the United States, with close to 1 million more arriving every year. Our
    current immigration system is broken. It is a system that is not good for
    American security, particularly during our fight to combat international
    terrorism. It is not good for American workers and businesses. And, it
    is not good for the immigrants, themselves.

Immigration is a continually developing issue and several bills are
    currently in the process of being debated. In December 2005, the Senate
    received the House of Representative's bill, entitled the "Border
    Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005."
    As the Judiciary Committee, of which I am a member, and the full Senate
    debate this bill and other immigration issues in the upcoming weeks and
    months, I certainly will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any additional concerns,
    please feel free to contact me anytime.

Very respectfully yours,

MIKE DeWINE
    United States Senator

RMD/bf

Disclaimer: The email account that this message originated from does not
    accept inbound messages, therefore please send all electronic
    correspondence through our webform located at: http://dewine.senate.gov.
    I promise everyone. That I as an Ohioian, will not give Dewine any slack. I even told his staff a little while ago. That boy Hackett is looking great, compaired to Dewine.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I just sent Cornyn an email that should scorch his eyeballs cause this is ONE MAD TEXAN...doggone it when I finished it I couldn't copy it..they'd disabled right clicking...but my parting shot was...'Damn the party politics, SAVE AMERICA'....

RR

Wish I could have read that e-mail

http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Scubayons

Our current immigration system is broken. It is a system that is not good for American security, particularly during our fight to combat international terrorism. It is not good for American workers and businesses.
    This is what they always say just before you get reamed. Notice he says "the immigration system is broken". And, "it is not good for businesses". No it's not broken, it's corrupt politicians like him who sell out to greedy businesses that are the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast