Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Who the heck voted for this idiot anyway?
    If he refuses to take his oath on the Bible tell him to go away.
    I'll give you three guesses, and two don't count.
    OOps! I quote myself rather than editing...

Please forgive the redundant post

I'm guessing Micky Mouse and his gang.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow where to start????

My first reaction is that anyone reading this thread is more informed regarding the congressman "in waiting" than those who elected him. Unless..... na... couldn't be that would be a conspiracy theory

Secondly,
    US Airways has been flooded with calls from Americans saying it just became the safest airline.
    Indeed it did.

Thirdly... the following psychobabble just twists my knickers!

In fact, many of these people argue it will be a good thing because Muslims around the world will see what an open society America is and how much Americans honor Muslims and the Koran.
    and lastly... Thank heaven a voice of reason

Ellison's doing so will embolden Islamic extremists and make new ones, as Islamists, rightly or wrongly, see the first sign of the realization of their greatest goal -- the Islamicization of America.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Ellison Using the Koran for Oath!

Call the White House comment line (202) 456-1111 and COMPLAIN!!!!
    After you contact your representatives, contact Nancy Pelosi too!!!!

This country's laws are based upon Biblical law and NOT Sharia law.

"If you can't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

The text used to swear the oath should be one that the person speaking the oath finds significant. For a Christian, its The Bible and swearing before The Lord Almighty. For a Muslim, its the Qur'an and swearing before Allah the Merciful. Where I taking that oath, it would be copies of the Poetic and Prose Eddas and swearing before Tyr the Lawgiver.

One of my fellows on another forum has this to day about this tempest in a tea cup.

I don't care what book (or not) they swear an oath on. I don't care if they stick their hand down their pants to swear their oath.
    What I care about is if they abide by their oath. For what that's worth they might as well swear on a big pile of feces.
    I concur. Its not really the book that is used to swear the oath that matters, it is the adherence to the oath that matters.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

OOps! I quote myself rather than editing...

Please forgive the redundant post
    It's easy to do, I keep coming back to read this and it just boogles my mind.
    Don't these people relise that the muslim community has declared war on the people of the United States? How could they vote a possible enemy into Congress is beyond me, the next thing you know they will be putting illegals in office.
    This whole dang country as gone nuts!
    If they allow this .....person..... to take his oath on the koran then they are traitors to America as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Moe

Well after the last two posts, it sounds like the next thing we'll hear is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Democratic Candidate for President in 2008.

Moe

MountainDog

I did not mean you in my post. While I was composing my post you got in ahead of me. I meant the 2 posts above yours. Those who feel that the book matters not.

For MountainDog and all others who feel that the swearing in of office should be done with a Bible, and those who decline barred from taking office. I direct your attention to Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

This is not a religious test, it is a swearing in ceromony.
    To allow anyone to swear in on a book that our sworn enemys use for their reason to destroy us is treason. They may as well allow him to swear in on a stack of feces, the is a shame and makes a mockery of our Government and our institutions not to mention our way of life, it is also a big slap in the face to all who have fought and died for America, they may just as well go out to Arlington cemetary and turn it into a outhouse!
    I will never regonise the athority of anyone sworn in on the koran!
    So help me GOD!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast