Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Florida Teacher writes Letter to Congress

Note: This letter was released by the Orange County School Board. The district noted that this is a copy of the letter allegedly written by teacher Jan P. Hall.

Dear Honorable Congressman,

Please consider my views when you are voting and representing voters.

I believe we must close the doors to all foreigners for awhile (sic) until we get this economy and the schools back on their feet. As a classroom teacher in Florida for 28 years, I know that foreigners are the largest users of our taxpayers' money. Foreigners are taking all of the jobs that poor and little-educated Americans could have. Many people are being paid under the table, and therefore they are not paying their fair share of taxes. Schools are dealing with too many problems with language differences, and time is lost to our American children who have parents who pay taxes. I'm seeing money going to local charities going to Mexican, Haitian, and Mid-Eastern immigrants instead of to the poorer people of American descent.

Our school at Sadler Elementary where I teach is 92% Puerto Rican. Please consider changing the laws and keeping these people home in Puerto Rico. They are trashing Orlando daily.

These P.R. children are holding American children back academically, and Puerto Rican teachers can keep getting extensions on their temporary certificates so that they are allowed to teach without proper training. I can truthfully say that Puerto Rican teachers at my school ask me continually for help with math, as they do not get but the equivalent of a fifth grade education in Puerto Rico. They almost always can do no algebra and rely on the system to get by.

I find that Haitian children are more aggressive in the classroom and have not been to school regularly. Their poor conduct is yet another real problem.

In Winter Haven, FL, a large orange grove area with Mexican migrants to do the work, jobs that poor blacks and poor whites used to take are filled by Mexicans, who I am told bring in drugs and disease, such as incurable TB, for the most part.

I know that the solution is difficult, but other countries protect their borders and do not allow foreigners to take citizens' jobs. Please do not allow criminals to stay, as they are filling the jobs in FL.

It's time to get our troops home!

Very truly,
    Jan P. Hall
    http://www.wesh.com/education/4890616/detail.html
    ------------------------

"Probe Launched Into If Orlando Teacher Wrote Anti-Hispanic Letter"

ORLANDO, FL (AP) -- School officials on Thursday began interviewing an Orange County grade school teacher to determine if she wrote a letter that disparaged Hispanics and other minorities.

Jan Hall, 59, was suspended without pay Wednesday after the letter was printed in the Spanish-language daily newspaper, El Nuevo Dia, spurring protests at Sadler Elementary School.

"She admitted that she had written a letter," said Dylan Thomas, a school district spokesman. "Because we don't have a copy of the letter, we have not been able to present it to her to confirm if it's her letter."

Hall couldn't be reached for comment Thursday. Her principal, Anne Lybaugh, said that while it hadn't been proven yet that Hall wrote the letter, there was no room for racism or discrimination at her school.

"There is no room for not being sensitive to the needs of all children," Lynaugh said at a news conference outside the school Thursday.

A spokeswoman for El Nuevo Dia refused to say how the newspaper obtained the letter. Addressed "Dear Honorable Congressman," the letter said Hispanics and other Caribbean natives were taking all the jobs and charged that Hispanics and immigrants were hurting the quality of schools.

The letter also charged that Puerto Ricans were destroying Orlando, and that laws should be changed so Puerto Ricans, who are U.S. citizens by birth, would stop moving to Central Florida. The letter also complained about Mexicans, Middle Easterners and Haitians.

David DeMond, who leads the Classroom Teachers Association, said his organization would provide legal advice for Hall if she is a member.

"Teachers have the right to express an opinion," DeMond said. "But they are aware of the code of ethics and should be able to read and understand what it means."
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/flor ... ryid=42649
    ------------------------

Although I do not condone racism, what drove this teacher to write a racist letter.

Her race is not given BUT

maybe her teacher's union will get her some legal counsel and her defense can be PTSD due to the probable circumstances she teaches in day in and day out.

If she has a smart attorney, that attorney may be able to reach an early retirement settlement as it's apparent she's nearing retirement age. If she has a mental disability due to stress THEN she better step down from the podium and let someone else step into the classroom. I don't see any part where she made a threat but she definitely stated her opinion, racist or not.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

A letter written by a teacher and she doesn't address the congressman by name?
    A teacher ended the salutation with a , rather than a : ?
    A teacher who doesn't know Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.A.?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    This just doesn't seem right.

A PRIVATE letter written by a citizen exercising her freedom of speech requesting a redress of grievances to her congressman ends up in a Spanish newspaper?
    Why was the name of the congressman this was addressed to not published?
    How did the Spanish-language daily newspaper, El Nuevo Dia obtain a copy? From the teacher, congressman, congressman's staff, etc. ???
    How could the paper publish her letter without her permission since it wasn't addressed to the paper nor a letter to the editor?
    If this letter was mailed via the U.S. Federal Post Office--Tampering with U.S. mail is a violation of federal law, and the Postal Inspection Service will investigate if reported.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. First Amendment
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Teacher in Las Vegas

A teacher in Las Vegas Nevada wrote a editorial to a local paper during the IA walk out last March about what a good day she had without all the illegal children. She was being investigated over this do anyone know what happened to her? This town like to keep it our invasion quite because of the big bucks they make on Americans backs. It will change here I sure when were broke, they are already making cuts.
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

Bogus!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    A letter written by a teacher and she doesn't address the congressman by name?
    A teacher ended the salutation with a , rather than a : ?
    A teacher who doesn't know Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.A.?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    This just doesn't seem right.

A PRIVATE letter written by a citizen exercising her freedom of speech requesting a redress of grievances to her congressman ends up in a Spanish newspaper?
    Why was the name of the congressman this was addressed to not published?
    How did the Spanish-language daily newspaper, El Nuevo Dia obtain a copy? From the teacher, congressman, congressman's staff, etc. ???
    How could the paper publish her letter without her permission since it wasn't addressed to the paper nor a letter to the editor?
    If this letter was mailed via the U.S. Federal Post Office--Tampering with U.S. mail is a violation of federal law, and the Postal Inspection Service will investigate if reported.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. First Amendment

I agree. Sounds like this woman is the victim of a witch hunt.

I don't think the letter was written by a teacher, the grammar is horrible. This letter looks like it was written by someone whose native language is not English.

An English speaker and teacher to boot, would not make the following mistakes:

The salutation "Dear Honorable Congressman" is incorrect. It should be Dear Congressman/woman. The Honorable is only used in the address field, such as The Honorable Tom Tancredo, US House.....,Washington, DC... which is above the salutation.

She allegedly wrote the term little-educated, instead of less-educated. That was the clincher for me. That looks like a direct translation from spanish, italian or portugese. Americans always say less-educated.

Americans know that Puerto Ricans are natural born US citizens, but does the rest of the world know?

It's hard for me to explain the discrepancies, but there are quite a few and easy to spot.
    "

Something stinks concerning this “letterâ€

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I don't think the letter was written by a teacher, the grammar is horrible. This letter looks like it was written by someone whose native language is not English.

I had the same reaction! Sentence structure, grammar, etc. indicates someone whose native language is definitely not English!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast