Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Strange, indeed, yet according to the news report she said she did write the letter.

It was poorly written that's for sure, and I would certainly expect a teacher to know the facts regarding the legal status of Puerto Rico. I'm glad she's not teaching my children Language Arts, or anything else for that matter.

Maybe she was on a rant and not thinking clearly. That would be the only excuse I can come up with.

Her apparent lack of knowledge, along with her tone, grammar errors, the whole thing is disturbing.

If there is an investigation regarding this, I hope we will hear the results of it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is pretty poorly written especially since she is someone who is saying how much smarter she is that the others she works with. Very unprofessional letter that surely got tossed in the garbage.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

[quote="LegalUSCitizen"]Strange, indeed, yet according to the news report she said she did write the letter.

It was poorly written that's for sure, and I would certainly expect a teacher to know the facts regarding the legal status of Puerto Rico. I'm glad she's not teaching my children Language Arts, or anything else for that matter.

Maybe she was on a rant and not thinking clearly. That would be the only excuse I can come up with.

Her apparent lack of knowledge, along with her tone, grammar errors, the whole thing is disturbing.

If there is an investigation regarding this, I hope we will hear the results of it.[/quote]

She said she did write A letter. The article states that they do not know if it was THIS letter

She admitted that she had written a letter," said Dylan Thomas, a school district spokesman. "Because we don't have a copy of the letter, we have not been able to present it to her to confirm if it's her letter."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Problem is, folks, that we live in America. If the woman did write this letter, then she is exercising her Constitutional right to transmit her concerns and thoughts to her elected representative. It doesn't matter if the letter is misinformed, poorly worded, or racist. She is paying taxes, she is an American citizen, and therefore she has a voice in our government. She needs no defense for writing her representative under our form of government.

I find it troubling and frightening that someone can be suspended from their job simply because they wrote a letter to their Congressman. Talk about tyranny of the majority.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Florida teacher

So once again, the American citizen is the villian. Where is this teachers right to "privacy"? If she wrote her Congressman-how did a Spanish language paper get it ? The paper should be investigated and sued.

If the teacher, in fact, wrote this letter, she has rights as an American to do so without the fear of it showing up in the local paper.

The fact is that most, if not all, she said is true.

Re: Florida teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    So once again, the American citizen is the villian. Where is this teachers right to "privacy"? If she wrote her Congressman-how did a Spanish language paper get it ? The paper should be investigated and sued.

If the teacher, in fact, wrote this letter, she has rights as an American to do so without the fear of it showing up in the local paper.

The fact is that most, if not all, she said is true.

You bring up valid points. I also questioned why, if an American school teacher wrote a letter to her representative, exactly how it ended up in the hands of a spanish language paper....obviously doctored.

A staffer at the rep's offices comes to mind.

I just noticed that the letter was dated in 2005. I wonder what the conclusion was? I can probably guess. The woman is not listed among the faculty at the Sadler Elementary website.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

[quote="apropos"]I just noticed that the letter was dated in 2005. I wonder what the conclusion was? I can probably guess. The woman is not listed among the faculty at the Sadler Elementary website.[/quote]

This could be a case of a non existent teacher who wrote a non existent letter, the story printed to stir up trouble.

This could be a case of a non existent teacher who wrote a non existent letter, the story printed to stir up trouble.
    I don't know....the principal Lynaugh is listed on the district website. She's moved to another school since 2005. I bet most likely that Hall was forced into retirement just to make things easier for everyone. She would be 61 or 62 now probably.

"Diversity" puts its jackboot on another neck, I imagine.

After reading this article, my first thoughts were similar to most comments already posted.
    The writing is terrible and Puerto Ricans are Americans and they deserve an education and shouldn't be compared to illegal Haitians or Mexicans.
    My question is, why is it that a teacher who is accused of having sex with a minor student will be suspended WITH PAY, but a teacher who is accused of being racist, before this is even proven, and who writes a letter to her congressman, which is legal and not a crime, that is offensive to illegal alien lawbreakers is suspended WITHOUT PAY?
    If she did write this letter and she did intend for it to be made public, then she should lose her job (not because of the comments about illegals, but because of the comments about children from Puerto Rico. If my children were Puerto Rican, I certainly wouldn't want her teaching them, and as she said, 92% of her students are Puerto Rican, so she should find other employment if she finds them so undeserving of her attention). She should be suspended with pay until it is determined that she did indeed write this letter, just like the pervert teachers and teachers who commit other crimes are suspended with pay until they are found guilty. Why do the rules suddenly change when illegals are the "victims"? Why is it that she did something, which may not have been well thought out, but isn't illegal, and she is guilty before they even show her a copy of this letter, because she voiced her opinion about illegals in schools and taking jobs from Americans? That may be against the school system's code of ethics, but then again, isn't having sex with a minor child also against the code of ethics? Why is it considered more serious to offend someone than to hurt and take advantage of a child?
    It is just crazy that illegal immigration is ignored again and again, and these illegals also seem to have more rights than Americans, and are able to get a tenured teacher suspended without pay for something that is not only not a crime, but one of this teachers rights. Now illegals can change the Constitution? What happened to Freedom of Speech? Should it be changed to "freedom of speech as long as illegal aliens agree with what is being said"? Where is the teachers union during all this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast