Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you want the community to be taken seriously by your opposition, you must provide a true and accurate portrayal of your community members rather than shiny, polished, politically correct William clones... no offense.
    This is a political website. You need to learn, as do other activists, how to fight in the political realms. Otherwise, you will not be taken seriously by the opposition and you will be easily relegated to ineffectual.

Yes, put on your best clothes and think about what you say and ask here in the limelight. Proceed cautiously and methodically.

Again, to an example from warfare... would you just grab a weapon and go screaming through the jungle without thought or plan in some kind of free form?

This is a fight. This needs structure. People need to put their chin up, button down that shirt, and get with the program. We have illustrated that ALIPAC works and it works our way. Every thought a person has does not need to be expressed here.

This site is not for "Wow I feel better now that I've said that and got that out of my system."

This board is just part of an operational and successful political battle platform. Also, this board takes up way to much time and resources over discussions and considerations like this.

Again, I will say for the 100+ time. We are the only PAC with an open source board and some of our board members are starting to feel that it takes up too much time and resources dealing with problems and nuances.

It has taken away severely from my time and ability to fund raise.

A bit more of that and there will be no more ALIPAC.

We need funds. Please PM me your last names and cities because I hope both of you are on our contributor lists and would not thus ask these questions in the open if you were not financially invested in ALIPAC.

W

PS: These people are not "William Clones". Most of the key leaders on these boards are vastly different from each other. They know how to fight with structure and they know how to work together as a team. I'm sorry you would confuse that as cloning.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Do you want ALIPAC to be able to succeed with our goals involving the power and laws within the nation or would you prefer we be a free speech zone with an equitable anything goes policy that would render us useless in the face of the political realities in this nation?
    It seems like you are claiming that allowing free speech would remove hope of political power. Hopefully you can see the horrible flaw in the underlying implication of this idea: a nation founded on free speech will lose power if speech is actually free.

I do not believe that anyone here (myself included) wants to see the board be overrun with imbeciles and trolls of all kinds, throwing petty insults and racists terms to and fro. Putting reasonable restrictions on what is said is really the issue here.

How do you determine what is reasonable and what is not? For the most part, I would say this community is pretty fair. However, when I find myself constantly having to dumb down what I say and even have direct quotes filtered, I do feel like like censorship has gone too far.

If you feel like this message board loses its power without catering to nitpicking whiners, then I feel sorry for you. That is because you are only giving power to your opposition with each move you make to appease them. NEVER disarm yourself to silence your "enemy" (that includes handicaps).

Today they get you to filter out this word, tomorrow it will be a whole sentence. Next thing you know you are so tightly entangled in a web of politically correct bullsh*t that you cannot speak your mind without feeling guilty.

Why feel guilty for exercising your right to free speech? If you have no intent to offend, then you are shameless. Allow yourself to make a mistake and learn from it. It's a great opportunity to perfect those written communication skills. You discover very quickly who is not understanding you clearly and who is purposely being a pain. Not everyone deserves an explanation or an apology.

Badthingsman,

You have no need to feel sorry for me. I have no problem excluding vulgar language and racially derogatory words from what I have to say. They add nothing and I feel that many of the fine folks here are above that.

I'm sorry that you do not understand the term I coined into this movement called "PC Paralysis" It does not mean one should act in the distasteful way of throwing around insulting language that dehumanize whole races of people. It means that you will take action to protect yourself and your nation above concerns over offending someone with those actions.

In fact, without our rules, a few people that share your view would run off the majority of people that have NO DESIRE to be associated with people using those terms.

I spend every waking moment day and night fighting to take power away from our opposition.

You are the one that is eager to give them more power by breaking our rules which state "Do not question moderator actions on the open boards until you have tried to resolve your question via Private Message."

You are not financially invested in this organization nor are you one of our online leaders or moderators.

No you cannot use the B word or any other racist language on our boards. Most people do not feel restricted by that as they do not use those terms often if at all.

There is the door and may you find happiness on a board that will let you use the B word and any other word you want to throw around that will quickly send moderate Americans and people of other races leaving your presence.

Anything else you would like to say before you go?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hold up. This started because of me. He quoted something, and I'm the one who broke the rules by asking about the editing. I take complete and full responsibility.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    Hold up. This started because of me. He quoted something, and I'm the one who broke the rules by asking about the editing. I take complete and full responsibility.
    Ladydrake,

It is not much of a problem to have someone ask a question. Overall, that is healthy for the boards because it allows others that may have the same question to learn.

But throwing negative aspersions at me or alipac because we won't allow someone to use racially derogatory terms is crossing the line.

You have not done that LadyDrake. BadthingsMan has.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    You are the one that is eager to give them more power by breaking our rules which state "Do not question moderator actions on the open boards until you have tried to resolve your question via Private Message."
    I guess you have not considered that I might be showing our opposition that we are an eclectic group with differing opinions and personalities. We are not a bunch of William clones or even worse, racists. Diversity is part of our strength. Our opposition see that we keep each other in check. I cannot view this as a bad thing.

You are not financially invested in this organization nor are you one of our online leaders or moderators.
    And do not think for a second that I would make a financial investment in ANY group whose leaders are hypocrites. You want my money? Act like it. If my opinion is worthless without being backed by money, I see where your priorities lie.

No you cannot use the B word or any other racist language on our boards. Most people do not feel restricted by that as they do not use those terms often if at all.
    Most people are sheep, but this is not really about most people. This is about the principle of freedom of speech, which seems to mean nothing to you without the William stamp of approval.

There is the door and may you find happiness on a board that will let you use the B word and any other word you want to throw around that will quickly send moderate Americans and people of other races leaving your presence.
    I find it amusing that you imply that I (and people like myself) am dependent on profanities in order to express myself. I am very well capable of saying whatever I need to say without using any profanities or vulgar language. However, I do not put such restrictions on my vocabulary if I do not see the need. My speech is TRULY free. I reserve the right to say whatever (especially if quoting someone else!!), though I usually make my presentation general audience friendly.

Anything else you would like to say before you go?
    Three things, yes. I find it VERY pathetic that you pose an attitude of "don't let the door hit you on the way out" upon any disagreement of moderation. How quickly you forget that we are on the same side when someone questions your judgement. How quickly you are willing to toss away good participants who refuse to make an exact fit into the William mold.

Second thing... be glad you were questioned by a supporter who wishes only for you to do better. Be glad it was not your opposition calling you out on such folly.

And finally... exactly how much money does it cost to be taken seriously here?

bad,

What is up with that?

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    bad,

What is up with that?

Dixie
    I don't understand your question. Allow me to clarify.

William is being a hypocrite. He claims he will allow pro-illegals to to use vulgar language and racist terms on this board because it makes them look bad, but he will filter out any similar speak coming from the anti-illegal side, so we won't look bad politically. It's dishonest, and I am against it. This is not about whether or not I can use the B word. Yes, I would like to be able to make a direct quote without having it edited, but the more important issue here is consistency. It's very lacking, and William would rather kick me out under technicalities instead of being reasonable.

Oh I am being reasonable and I'm not going to let someone dominate my time, being hostile and confrontational, that has not put up dollar one into ALIPAC yet wants to tell us how to run things here.

You are the only person to complain about not being able to use the B word or other slurs on our boards.

The people here are not sheep and the people here are some of the best damn fighters I've ever seen.

You have a problem with rules and structure and you are venting on me.

Damn straight you can hit the door because this is a fight and you have your guns pointed in the wrong direction.

I am not being dishonest as I have taken far to much time to openly explain to you why the moderators and supporters of this board have set up the rules that they have set up.

If you had requested that the moderators and supporters of ALIPAC consider an adjustment to the rules, well we could have considered that.

That is not what you have done. You have come out swinging with insults against me and the other fine fighters on this board.

You proclaim yourself as some superior fighter in this cause because you have an aversion to the rules of the board? Give me a break.

You have been shown maximum respect. We water you and you wilt.

Goodbye BadThingsMan. You just do not possess the diplomatic and team skills we are looking for.

I certainly do not mind people that disagree with me, but your personal insults against me and the board users here calling them sheep and William clones is insane and contrary to the observable facts.

BadThingsMan account BANNED by WILLIAM for multiple rule violations of insulting other users, being rude and hostile, and expressing a desire to use racist terms on our boards, addressing complaints on open boards without contacting a moderator or admin etc etc...

W

Banned
    I agree 1000% with William. All it takes is one derogatory remark here to prove the charges of the other side. We need to stay on the high ground to win this battle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast