Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    This is OUTRAGEOUS! It makes me sick that Bush, Sutton and Gonzales are getting away with this ____! They all need to go to prison for a very long time.
    They need to be tried for treason. All three are a bunch of Benedict Arnolds.
    ya gotta add Sutton's two prosecutors in el paso, Kanof and Gonzalez.
    and you also need to add the judge, Kathleen Cordone

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_10965313

GO Leave your comments here.
    you dont need to register

Casey Wian on Lou Dobbs Tonight.
    reports that the families just recently got an anonymous donation for the legal defense fund in the amount of 100,000

AMAZING that the american people get it yet the stool pigeon at 1600 PA. avenue does not because of his blind loyalty and friendship to sutton

At the end of his term, doesn't the president issue "pardons" for jailed Americans? How much you want to bet he'll pardon a bunch of corrupt CEOs?

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    At the end of his term, doesn't the president issue "pardons" for jailed Americans? How much you want to bet he'll pardon a bunch of corrupt CEOs?
    i hate to say it i dont think he will pardon then just because
    his good close personal friend johnny sutton is the one who
    got them thrown in jail

he wouldnt want to ruin that friendship, now, would he?

Thank you, James. That's what I was looking for. I'm glad to hear they received that anonymous donation. I hope it helps them. This needs to go to the supreme court. I'm so sad for them. I wish there was something we could do to help.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-137961.html

Related Link,. Lou Dobbs Transcript

I DONT THINK RAMOS AND COMPEAN ARE GOING TO GET OUT OF JAIL TILL BUSH IS OUT. THANK GOODNESS HE IS OUT SOON. THEN MAYBE TRUE JUSTICE CAN BE ACHIEVED.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I DONT THINK RAMOS AND COMPEAN ARE GOING TO GET OUT OF JAIL TILL BUSH IS OUT. THANK GOODNESS HE IS OUT SOON. THEN MAYBE TRUE JUSTICE CAN BE ACHIEVED.
    I don't think Bushy will pardon them and I am unsure as to how our new "ruler" will handle this. I am afraid they will be in for a long long time.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jose Alonso Compean gets 12 years in smuggler's shooting

By Ramon Bracamontes / El Paso Times
    Article Launched: 11/13/2008 12:00:00 AM MST

EL PASO -- One of two former Border Patrol agents, who were at the center of a national movement to overturn their convictions, was resentenced Wednesday to an identical term he initially received in 2006.

Jose Alonso Compean was given 12 years by U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone who imposed the sentence after the original conviction was appealed. The resentencing was ordered in July after the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals dropped a tampering-with-evidence conviction against Compean and his partner, Ignacio Ramos.

Ramos will be resentenced Thursday.

In 2006, Compean and Ramos were arrested, convicted and imprisoned for shooting a convicted drug smuggler in the buttocks.

At Wednesday's hearing, Compean was again sentenced to 12 years in prison because one of the charges he was convicted of, discharging a firearm during a criminal act, carries a mandatory 10-year sentence. The discharging a firearm charge was upheld by the appeals court. Compean received two additional years because he was also convicted of assault charges.

In front of a packed courtroom, Cardone made it clear that she did not have any leeway with the sentencing.

"As you know I am dealing with a mandatory 10-year sentence," Cardone told Compean. "I could never, without giving you an illegal sentence, go below those 10 years."
    Compean told the judge in the courtroom that he understood.

Compean's out-of-town lawyer, Ed Mason, said they knew nothing would change at Wednesday's resentencing.

Instead, Mason said they are continuing with plans to put a commutation order in front of President Bush and are hopeful he will consider it before he leaves office at the end of December. A presidential commutation order would end the agents' sentence.

The commutation order cannot be reviewed by the president until all pending litigation in this case is concluded, and that is why Mason wanted the resentencing over with quickly.

"We contend that this is not pending litigation and we want the commutation order to get to the president's desk," Mason said outside the courtroom. "This was just a record-keeping procedure."

Compean's sister, Claudia Martinez, was among the dozen or so family members and friends who attended the sentencing hearing. She was glad they got to see Compean.

"It was hard," Martinez said. "He was in Ohio, and we haven't been able to see him."

She said they are hoping President Bush will commute their sentences.
    "All we can do is pray and hope," she said.

Ramos and Compean shot at Osvaldo Aldrete Davila during a chase Feb. 17, 2005, near Fabens as he was running toward Mexico after abandoning a van filled with marijuana. One bullet hit Aldrete in the buttocks. The agents said they thought Aldrete had a gun. Aldrete testified that he did not. The agents did not report the shooting to their superiors, and Compean picked up shell casings, court testimony showed.

In August, Aldrete Davila was sentenced to 9Ã¥ years in federal prison after being found guilty of drug possession with intent to deliver.

Because U.S. prosecutors used a Mexican citizen and an alleged drug smuggler as a witness to testify against the agents, the case has drawn the attention of congressmen, the national media and several organizations throughout the United States.

Ramon Bracamontes may be reached at rbracamontes@elpasotimes.com; 546-6142.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_10969578

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123