Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Debate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April,

Don't misunderstand me. I like Tom Trancedo very much, but unfortunately these debates often determine who most Americans vote for, if they vote at all (I certainly know a ton of people who LOVE to debate politics, but don't take the time to vote. I used to be one of them!)

The GENERAL, non-informed public looks for both candidates who talk about subject matters they believe in, but unfortunately most people took for a couple of superficial characteristics: a) Are they smooth, eloquent talkers who give out quick, snappy answers (whether they know their stuff or not), b) Do they LOOK like a President (people in their minds have an image of how a President should look, whether we like it or not).

If people don't think someone looks like a President, and doesn't have those immediate, confident, smooth answers, they dismiss them. Unfortuntely, we live in a very image-conscious society where how you present yourself is 90% of how you get the vote. It seems that most of the time the issues don't matter so much anymore.

Tom Trancedo is fighting tooth and nail for the nomination against nine other guys (one of which is the VERY popular smooth-talking, charming, funny Guliani). Tom can't afford the luxury of being "flustered" in a debate at this point. People will not vote for a "flustered" Presidential candidate, no matter what fantastic ideals he stands for and how good a person he is. So unless Tom is able to come off as quick-witted, knowledgeable, confident, humorous, and relaxed at the podium in the next debate, he's not going to make it, due to the state of what our society looks for today (superficially).

So that's why I'm looking more towards Hunter as my candidate to back. He performed wonderfully, speaking continually on issues that directly impact the middle class in a confident manner. I don't agree with all of Hunter's issues, but illegal immigration is my number one Presidential issue at this moment, so I can overlook some of the other issues that I don't agree with him on in favor of his support on tough legislation against illegals.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard much of a peep about Hunter after this debate. It's been all about Romney, Guliani, and McCain.

But at least almost everyone is agreeing that McCain is on his way out!!

TexasGal

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal

Tom Trancedo is fighting tooth and nail for the nomination against nine other guys (one of which is the VERY popular smooth-talking, charming, funny Guliani). Tom can't afford the luxury of being "flustered" in a debate at this point. People will not vote for a "flustered" Presidential candidate, no matter what fantastic ideals he stands for and how good a person he is. So unless Tom is able to come off as quick-witted, knowledgeable, confident, humorous, and relaxed at the podium in the next debate, he's not going to make it, due to the state of what our society looks for today (superficially).
    Do you really think Giuliani came off that well? I thought the joke about Arnold was dumb, and I would be surprised if America elected a president with a lisp. Plus he is a scum bag. Actually, Tom had the funniest line of the night when he said, "This is the closest I have been to Air Force 1."

So that's why I'm looking more towards Hunter as my candidate to back. He performed wonderfully, speaking continually on issues that directly impact the middle class in a confident manner. I don't agree with all of Hunter's issues, but illegal immigration is my number one Presidential issue at this moment, so I can overlook some of the other issues that I don't agree with him on in favor of his support on tough legislation against illegals.
    I agree and was very impressed with Duncan adressing 2 of my top concerns: illegal immigration and outsourcing. I as well do not agree with him on everything--I'm more with Ron Paul on foreign policy. But Duncan did look presidential, and just pounded away at the "Lou Dobbs issues." He has the advantage of laying claim to building the very successful fence here in San Diego. He can take that issue and run with it. He literally has a chance to win California if he takes some early primaries (he is already ahead on a few). I can honestly see Duncan winning.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard much of a peep about Hunter after this debate. It's been all about Romney, Guliani, and McCain.
    Yeah, its such BS......The media totally fixes it. If they were honest, they would say that Duncan Hunter won this debate, because he was straight forward, presidential, and speaks to the concerns of the American people. Could you imiagine if the media actually looked out for us? I wish Lou Dobbs asked the questions and did the commentary.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

There is one coming in soon we had better keep our eye on, he is popular and people are blind. Fred Thompson, I seen him interviewed by Hannity last night and this morning I tuned on c-span and there he was. They showed a 30 second sound bite maybe a little long to see what people thought of him.

In that few minutes he said.... Bush has done a wonderful job and gets no credit for his trade policies...then had the nerve to say there are people out there that want our borders closed and would like to shut us off from the rest of the world.

c-span opened the phones and asked what they thought of him, all but one person said he was just what we need, fine up standing man, trust worthy, I can't even tell you all of it, I was appalled I thought didn't anyone listen to a word this man said, they honestly think he is another Reagan. This would be the end of America as we know it. and I'm telling you all people are seeing is his acting career, which is covering up his political agenda.

Now most people know who Fred is and he's pretty popular from his acting career but he is a member of CFR who have several groups
    working stealthly behind congress to set up the North American Union, This is all so very dangerous. It just makes me sick!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    There is one coming in soon we had better keep our eye on, he is popular and people are blind. Fred Thompson, I seen him interviewed by Hannity last night and this morning I tuned on c-span and there he was. They showed a 30 second sound bite maybe a little long to see what people thought of him.

In that few minutes he said.... Bush has done a wonderful job and gets no credit for his trade policies...then had the nerve to say there are people out there that want our borders closed and would like to shut us off from the rest of the world.

c-span opened the phones and asked what they thought of him, all but one person said he was just what we need, fine up standing man, trust worthy, I can't even tell you all of it, I was appalled I thought didn't anyone listen to a word this man said, they honestly think he is another Reagan. This would be the end of America as we know it. and I'm telling you all people are seeing is his acting career, which is covering up his political agenda.

Now most people know who Fred is and he's pretty popular from his acting career but he is a member of CFR who have several groups
    working stealthly behind congress to set up the North American Union, This is all so very dangerous. It just makes me sick!!
    We will see the NAU for sure if this man is elected. Why are Americans so gullible? I REALLY don't trust Thompson. He comes off like he is against the invasion sometimes, then praises Bush's agenda, and stays loyal to his CFR cronies. Is Fred Thompson the anti-Christ? You are right SOSAD, it must be his movie career. All you need is name recognition. If you liked The Hunt for Red October, apparently Thompson is your man

See you at the signing!!

There is one coming in soon we had better keep our eye on, he is popular and people are blind. Fred Thompson, I seen him interviewed by Hannity last night and this morning I tuned on c-span and there he was.
    Thompson is just Bush in another suit of armor.
    He has name and face recognition from his time in Hollywood.
    He is a character and a well crafted one at that.

I wanted to like him too until about five minutes after I heard him speak.

It just kills me the way he is getting so much press coverage and they are laying out the welcome mat for him and he hasn't even stepped up to run, debate and be held accountable for his platform. Why is he holding back?
    Is he afraid that familiarity breeds contempt?

There are candidates out there with solid platforms who can't get the time of day because they are not the "chosen" ones. Disgusting. If it were not for the internet, I would have never even heard of Ron Paul and this guy is the real deal!
    I hope America doesn't pick a candidate because they are GQ (Romney, Obama) or because they just won't go away and will wear us down, (Clinton, McCain,) Or because they were a lifebouy during a crises (Guiliani). I hope the American people will LISTEN to what the candidates are saying and compare their words to their records.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    There is one coming in soon we had better keep our eye on, he is popular and people are blind. Fred Thompson, I seen him interviewed by Hannity last night and this morning I tuned on c-span and there he was.
    Thompson is just Bush in another suit of armor.
    He has name and face recognition from his time in Hollywood.
    He is a character and a well crafted one at that.

I wanted to like him too until about five minutes after I heard him speak.

It just kills me the way he is getting so much press coverage and they are laying out the welcome mat for him and he hasn't even stepped up to run, debate and be held accountable for his platform. Why is he holding back?
    Is he afraid that familiarity breeds contempt?

There are candidates out there with solid platforms who can't get the time of day because they are not the "chosen" ones. Disgusting. If it were not for the internet, I would have never even heard of Ron Paul and this guy is the real deal!
    I hope America doesn't pick a candidate because they are GQ (Romney, Obama) or because they just won't go away and will wear us down, (Clinton, McCain,) Or because they were a lifebouy during a crises (Guiliani). I hope the American people will LISTEN to what the candidates are saying and compare their words to their records.
    So do I Proud and Bear, but people are blind and I have a really bad feeling about this guy, he was pretty out spoken about what he see's for our country and people were missing it, Or the just don't believe there is a NAU but still to be so open about our borders and illegals be such a big issue. People are feeling desperate and that will make them not listen, they will think of him as one of his characters and ignore the fact what they see in the movies or tv are not reality, this is not who this man is.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

So do I Proud and Bear, but people are blind and I have a really bad feeling about this guy, he was pretty out spoken about what he see's for our country and people were missing it, Or the just don't believe there is a NAU but still to be so open about our borders and illegals be such a big issue. People are feeling desperate and that will make them not listen, they will think of him as one of his characters and ignore the fact what they see in the movies or tv are not reality, this is not who this man is.
    I was thinking of this while driving to get breakfast this morning. From what I have seen--Days of Thunder, The Hunt for Red October--Thompson usually plays the same role. It is usually breif, but powerful. Fred comes in as an authority figure, that everybody listens to, respects, and shuts their mouth around. He strikes down the hot-headed ideas of others and brings everyone together on the same page. This candidacy may have been in the works way back in 1990.

See you at the signing!!

April
    TexasGal wrote:

If people don't think someone looks like a President, and doesn't have those immediate, confident, smooth answers, they dismiss them. Unfortuntely, we live in a very image-conscious society where how you present yourself is 90% of how you get the vote. It seems that most of the time the issues don't matter so much anymore.
    How shallow and sad, if that is true, no wonder America is in such sad shape. IMO I think Tom presents himself very well and his best attributes are his honesty and love for America and the American people. He is not a performer, he is genuine. As I said before he was not the only one on the stage that stumbled on words and was a bit flustered, so to make such a big deal of that seems strange to me.I look beneathe the surface for the real deal and I am sure there are others like me.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    TexasGal wrote:

How shallow and sad, if that is true, no wonder America is in such sad shape. IMO I think Tom presents himself very well and his best attributes are his honesty and love for America and the American people. He is not a performer, he is genuine. As I said before he was not the only one on the stage that stumbled on words and was a bit flustered, so to make such a big deal of that seems strange to me.I look beneathe the surface for the real deal and I am sure there are others like me.
    You are so right April I think Tancredo is a true American and if he gets in office will be much more relaxed and so good for our country! We need it!

April
    Thanks SOSAD, it is up to WE patriotic Americans to stand and fight to get a good man in office. After all the He___ we have been through we deserve a good man in the white house. SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOM!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast