Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Yesterday on Fox I was listening to a the panel talking about the Tea Party. The one gal on there, I think her name is Mara, said that the Tea Party will stay strong as long as they stay away from social issues like gays in the military and immigration. I guess she doesn't see immigration as a national security issue like the rest of us out here.
    I heard the same thing, they said if they start picking issues they would divide the tea parties as there were too many different views on different subjects. They wanted to keep it at demanding congress be fiscally responsible and adhere to the constitiution.

I really thought once they formed a huge group they would get on the issues, and illegal immigration has everything to do with fiscal responsibility, they are costing us $346 billion dallors a year.

But I guess I was wrong!

And BTW Palin has the same views on Immgration as McCain...and Alaska has a terrible illegal immigration problem.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Actually, we need to start pushing for European Immigration from England and the old Anglo Saxon countries, whites from South Africa etc. Demographics of the third world will not help America.

we already take in over a million legal immigrants a year,
    more than the rest of the world combined.

Not much out there but I found this and the Alaska amNasty thing. Sarha inherited it. But what she is going to do...who knows.

http://lafrontera.mojo4m.com/2167/

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
    The teaparty will become a force forever If It takes a stand AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.... Otherwise,It Is DONE !!!!! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
    Maybe so, but as I recall the tea party movement was never about illegal immigration, it was about reducing the size of government, reducing taxes, and forcing the federal government to practice true fiscal responsibility. William was given the cold shoulder by at least one of the Tea Party organizations when he asked if they were going to include illegal immigration as an issue at one of the demonstrations.

If this sounds too Republican, that is because that is traditionally what the Republican Party is about. Fiscal conservatism and social moderation (even social liberalism).

The only way I see the Tea Party movement embracing sensible fixes to illegal immigration problems (and legal immigration problems as well....I don't think we can fix one without the other) is to convince the movement that immigration problems are directly linked to government expansion, overspending, and unemployment.
    Illegal immigration can easily become a centerpiece of the tea party's if it
    is carefully crafted to show the enormous cost to the taxpayer. After all, one of the key tenets of the Tea Party's is fiscal responsibility.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Illegal immigration will be on the table.

I hope all of you remember what ALIPAC and her allies did with the Tea Parties in 2009.

We have just begun!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tom Tancredo

Isnt Tom Tancredo part of the tea party group?

The teaparty will become a force forever If It takes a stand AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.... Otherwise,It Is DONE !!!!! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
    Maybe so, but as I recall the tea party movement was never about illegal immigration, it was about reducing the size of government, reducing taxes, and forcing the federal government to practice true fiscal responsibility. William was given the cold shoulder by at least one of the Tea Party organizations when he asked if they were going to include illegal immigration as an issue at one of the demonstrations.

If this sounds too Republican, that is because that is traditionally what the Republican Party is about. Fiscal conservatism and social moderation (even social liberalism).

The only way I see the Tea Party movement embracing sensible fixes to illegal immigration problems (and legal immigration problems as well....I don't think we can fix one without the other) is to convince the movement that immigration problems are directly linked to government expansion, overspending, and unemployment.
    Exactly. Immigration both illegal and excessive legal immigration result in more people than jobs, which leads to poverty and unemployment which leads to the welfare programs to support them which leads to bigger government.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn

Illegal immigration can easily become a centerpiece of the tea party's if it
    is carefully crafted to show the enormous cost to the taxpayer. After all, one of the key tenets of the Tea Party's is fiscal responsibility.
    One would certainly think so. I guess we'll find out. Meanwhile, back here at the ranch ....

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Broaden the appeal

What I find interesting about the Tea Party movement is how both the Repubs and Dems are trying to spin it.

The GOP wants to co-op it, and will demonize any position Tea Partiers tatke that violates the GOP elitest position. Dems are busy trying to demonize it as a GOP establishment front of loony toon birthers, and trying to cover up the fact it is a grass roots movement.

In other words, it could be a real danger to the political/economic elite establishment which is a totally bipartisan institution.

The Tea Partiers should take note of the result in Mass. A lot of Americans, both Dem (and I am one), and Independants, have had it with both parties on a whole range of issues, like the deficit, out of control borrowing and spending, misplaced priorties, selling of the country to special interests and illegal immigration.

If the Tea Partiers break totally away from the GOP and its radical right ideology, and reglious social agenda, and become a true independant movement on the issues of fiscal responsiblity, and forcing government to be responsive to citizens only, it would see a ground swell of support among Dems and Indpendants. Then it would be a force to be reckoned with.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast