Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fugitive illegal immigrants

Does anyone knows how ICE locates immigrants that dont show up for their court hearings??...Reason im asking is because a lot of border crossers dont even attempt to run from the border patrol because they expect to be release and asked to return for a court appeal...if the immigrants dont show up, what does ICE do...what if the address that the immigrants gave them is incorrect or the migrant moved, how does ICE locate the immigrants, or does ICE just wait untill this migrant gets caught by police officers that would in turn see that this migrant has an immigrantion warrant for his arrest?

MW
    FastForward wrote:

Does anyone knows how ICE locates immigrants that dont show up for their court hearings??...Reason im asking is because a lot of border crossers dont even attempt to run from the border patrol because they expect to be release and asked to return for a court appeal...if the immigrants dont show up, what does ICE do...what if the address that the immigrants gave them is incorrect or the migrant moved, how does ICE locate the immigrants, or does ICE just wait untill this migrant gets caught by police officers that would in turn see that this migrant has an immigrantion warrant for his arrest?
    The majority of those individuals apprehended by the border patrol elect return to the border without a deportation hearing. Basically they are just captured and returned to the border (after processing). Those individuals caught in the interior (a certain number of miles from the border) without a criminal record are processed and deported unless they elect to go before an immigration judge. If they elect to go before the judge and a deportation order is issued, they are not allowed to return or apply for legal entry for 10 years. Some of these folks, for various reasons, will seek asylum. Anyone that is given a court date for an immigration hearing and fails to physically show up is issued a deportation order. Once that order is issued, if later apprehended, the illegal immigrant is deported and not allowed to return return to the U.S. for 10 years. All illegal immigrants under a deportation order have been processed, which means they've been photographed, finger printed, etc.

As for seeking those under a deportation order - I don't believe ICE is going out of their way to do this. What they are doing is going after those with deportation orders that have criminal records above and beyond illegal immigration. Don't get me wrong, many individuals that are only guilty of illegal immigration are getting caught in snares designed to catch the so-called criminal illegal immigrant - those folks are of course being deported too.

This is the process as I understand it. If I'm wrong on a point or two, I'm sure someone will correct me. Hope this helps.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Moving forward,

To my knowledge ICE does not pursue illegals who don't show for their court hearings. The illegal will likely stay free unless they are stopped by law enforcement for some other reason down the road.

That is why so many pro enforcement advocates want illegals held until their hearing date. The current system is absurd, especially since everyone involved know that 80% of illegals never show for their court hearings.

An exception would likely be if the illegal is suspected to be involved in a felony.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

One thing is for sure. ICE doesn't deal with immigrants. They like immigrants very much. They are after illegal aliens.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So if the amnesty passes, all those fugitive immigrants will get legalize too?.

MW
    Good catch loservillelabor, I must be getting computer bug-eye (tired). I can't believe I failed to notice that MovingForward failed to use the term illegal. You're right, we're not talking about immigrants.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All I would add to MW comments is that how illegals are "processed" (held or let go) has to do with their country of origin too.

I think the following is correct (although it doesn't make sense to me): If the illegal is Mexican, and within a certain distance from the border, they will be returned very quickly. If they are not Mexican (OTM's--other than Mexicans) they are usually let go with a notice to appear before an immigration judge.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

MW
    MovingForward wrote:

So if the amnesty passes, all those fugitive immigrants will get legalize too?.
    Why do you refuse to use the term illegal when describing illegal immigrants? You know, I questioned you're allegiance once before (on another thread), but you swore you were an anti-illegal immigrant Tancredo supporter - so I apologized. Once again, I'm starting to get that uneasy feeling about you.

I'll answer the question I believe you already know the answer to. Criminal illegal aliens guilty of a felony won't be included in any amnesty package, but you already knew that, didn't you? Hmmm......is your disguise starting to wear off?

Hope my gut feeling is wrong about you, MovingForward.

MW
    Steve wrote:

If they are not Mexican (OTM's--other than Mexicans) they are usually let go with a notice to appear before an immigration judge.
    President Bush and Secretary Chertoff has promised us "catch & release" isn't happening anymore, but I'm with you - I still believe it is in some cases.

I do know we're having a problem returning some of the "OTM" illegal immigrants. A couple countries, China included, are refusing to take many of them back. I don't think that issue has been resolved yet.

In some cases, they put the illegal immigrant on immigration hold and do not allow them to walk out of the court room. They spend their time in jail. They can also wave the trial to avoid jail time and go strait back to their homeland.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast