Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheila, as a former resident of NC, I understand your concern. From living in CA, I've learned how to spot them. Are they wearing certain colors? Red or blue in particular. Notice even their color boxer shorts if they're wearing baggy jeans. Some out here wear SF 49'ers jerseys as their red. They could also wear red or blue caps, carry handkerchiefs in pockets. if you notice the numbers 13 or 14 written in creative ways, like roman numerals, 3 or 4 dots drawn on hands. Some may have tatoos. Oh, and if you see the words, sur, surreno, norte, norteno. They may start marking their so-called territory with gang graffiti. look for those anywhere. I think you could find more info by checking the sherrif's dept. website in CA where we are quite gang infested. And yeah, get the pepper spray if you can. get a license for it if need be.

Well luckly here in Orange County, California, the sheriff's goal is to make it the most unhappist place on earth for gang bangers.

"blues" and "handgrip"....it is so sad that you need to worry about this, but of course you must to protect yourselves and your families.

Perhaps one day soon we can put an end to this Madness.

We are all trying our best with more to come.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sheila1366, gotthebluestateblues and gingerurp welcome to the group.

Yes, voice your concern to mall/store security and mall/store management.

As far as pepper spray goes...have it and your car keys in your hand before you start walking to your car. (no time to be digging through a purse should there be a problem) If you have to use it, make sure you are up wind of the target and aim for the face.

Before you use peper spray:

1. Make sure your community allows you to carry it. I believe it's illegal in some areas.

2. Use it only when you really need to...otherwise you may find yourself in jail for assault.

The safest thing to do is contact mall security before you go back to the mall and complain that you don't feel safe there. And I wouldn't refer to any particular race or ethnicity... unless they ask for for that info. I'd just say that you feel there may be gangs hanging out at the mall.

You also should call your local police station and complain. (And you can question them about the use of pepper spray too.)
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

WELCOME TO OUR GROUP, Sheila 1366, gotthebluestateblues, and gingerurp!!

It's always nice to have some new voices added to our discussion forums.

Sheila1366--I live right down the road from you in North Carolina and just give me a call if they arrest you for spraying those idiots. We'll get a group together to bail you out! I understand that gangs are a major problem even in my small-town school system. I'm like you though. I have no idea how to ID them. I just stay away from ALL of them. I guess I can be accused of "racial profiling". So Be It!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Sheila1366, welcome! This is a good website to find out how they dress, use hand signals, and spray paint signs.

http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/menu_001.htm

I hope it helps.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Butterbean,

Thanks for the gang link...very interesting.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

§ 14‑401.6. Unlawful to possess, etc., tear gas except for certain purposes.

(a) It is unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or association to possess, use, store, sell, or transport within the State of North Carolina, any form of that type of gas generally known as "tear gas," or any container or device for holding or releasing that gas; except this section does not apply to the possession, use, storage, sale or transportation of that gas or any container or device for holding or releasing that gas:

(1) By officers and enlisted personnel of the armed forces of the United States or this State while in the discharge of their official duties and acting under orders requiring them to carry arms or weapons;

(2) By or for any governmental agency for official use of the agency;

(3) By or for county, municipal or State law‑enforcement officers in the discharge of their official duties;

(4) By or for security guards registered under Chapter 74C of the General Statutes or company police officers commissioned under Chapter 74E of the General Statutes, provided they are on duty and have received training according to standards prescribed by the State Bureau of Investigation;

(5) For bona fide scientific, educational, or industrial purposes;

(6) In safes, vaults, and depositories, as a means or protection against robbery;

(7) For use in the home for protection and elsewhere by individuals, who have not been convicted of a felony, for self‑defense purposes only, as long as the capacity of any:

a. Tear gas device or container does not exceed 150 cubic centimeters,

b. Tear gas cartridge or shell does not exceed 50 cubic centimeters, and

c. Tear gas device or container does not have the capability of discharging any cartridge, shell, or container larger than 50 cubic centimeters.

(b) Violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor.

(c) Tear gas for the purpose of this section shall mean any solid, liquid or gaseous substance or combinations thereof which will, upon dispersion in the atmosphere, cause tears in the eyes, burning of the skin, coughing, difficulty in breathing or any one or more of these reactions and which will not cause permanent damage to the human body, and the substance and container or device is designed, manufactured, and intended to be used as tear gas. (1951, c. 592; 1969, c. 1224, s. 8; 1977, c. 126; 1979, c. 661; 1983, c. 794, s. 9; 1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 1043, s. 2; 1993, c. 151, c. 539, s. 276; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Note (7), as long as you have it within the quantity specified and are not a convicted felon you can carry pepper spray for self defense. Just make sure you are using it for self defense. You can't spray someone because you don't like the way they are looking at you. But if you feel threatened you should be ok.

Do not carry it to the airport! If you try to pass through the checkpoint, it will be taken from you. For that matter, any places that have security checkpoints like courthouses and hospitals are the same.

[quote="gingerurp"] They may start marking their so-called territory with gang graffiti.quote]

Hmmmm, Kinda reminds me about how stray dogs mark their territory!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast